After Market Shj Wheels

• Author

Anybody using them in the club for offroading?

Please share your experience good or bad, cheap or expensive, used or new….!

February 3, 2009 at 9:18 am #9650

hey gaurav, no experience with sharjah rims but i’ve seen many 4xers picking up rims from there. If you are interested in ROTA rims let me know, Performance Group is having some good discounts if you like them. i know they have 16″ rims in Patrol PCD. not sure of the specs but you can call Jaics on 050-6745072 to find out more. Let me know if you’re interested i can try to squeeze the price a bit more.

http://www.rotawheels.com/

Ive been using Rota Slipstreams for use with slicks on my civic for the past 3 years i think, they’re light (11.9LBS which is not bad for a 15″ rim), looks nice and great quality. Slipstreams arent very nice, but they’re the lightest of the bunch, a good way to reduce unsprung weight ๐Ÿ™‚ Check the site, they have some real nice looking stuff.

Attachments:

February 3, 2009 at 9:21 am #9651

a friend of mine used LENSO rims from sharjah, http://www.lensowheel.com , no complains from him either on the rims so far. He got it from one of the shops on Sahara Centre road.

February 3, 2009 at 9:24 am #9652

Thnx Albert, will make a visit and check the stuff.

February 3, 2009 at 10:46 am #9653

no problem, glad to share ๐Ÿ™‚

what are you planning and what are you running at the moment? going wider?

February 3, 2009 at 11:06 am #9654

I am looking 16″ Alloys for my Pathfinder, the Sotck Steel Rims Bent easily so I need to keep high pressure to avoid the leakage which restrict my movement in Sand specialy while climbing.

Do you have an Idea or can check with your firend how much a peice will cost me,

I want to replace all 4 wheels…

Thanks in advance Albert

Regds
    Ali Adnan

February 3, 2009 at 11:41 am #9655

bit busy in office today Ali, give him a ring Jaics on 050-6745072

his shop is in Al Quoz, lives in Ghusais if you’re on that side of town.

February 4, 2009 at 3:25 am #9657

Ru,

Reading this thread, I feel like replacing mine too X(
    I love the one the patrols use. It luks awesome.
    So the rotas u suggesting are light weight rims and heavy duty ? It will luk nice on my wanna siams huh ? ๐Ÿ˜‰

February 4, 2009 at 3:55 am #9658

IMRAN: Dont degrade ltx by saying wanna siam. Its one million time far superior than siam. People who cant afford this, set down to siam for good offroading experience by compromising on road safety.

You dont deserve them bro. Please give it me, i will respect them atleast.

February 4, 2009 at 5:38 am #9660

Roshan, you gave me the 4×4 bug, now its my turn to return you you a favour.

February 4, 2009 at 6:14 am #9662

[/quote]

Gaurav Roshan drives blue FJ as well and He is using duplicate siam… I made a good choice and … you were very helpful in making me do it. I am loving the feel of Michellin LTX on the road and I can feel how it will perform on sand. I did a lot of research on technical aspects of tires and I feel Michellin LTX is one of the best available in UAE…
    Guys try not to buy second hand tires … dont try to cut corners and take risk.[/quote]

yes he got duplicate siam for 200 dhs.. =))

imran welcome to michellin family dude.. ๐Ÿ˜› n im sorry couldn’t pick up ur call whn u called me.. ๐Ÿ™

February 4, 2009 at 12:22 pm #9667

Thanks for the feedback, yes 4x4ing and car-racing are totally different.

what you were told is correct i guess when it comes to Rallys, Wadi’s and hardcore rock climbing, but for desert driving i think a decent rim from a known manufacturer is good enough? if you fit a 15″ rim designed for a car in a 4×4 then that spells trouble … but if it was manufactured for a 4×4, i guess it should be strong as they company would not like its reputation tarnished.

i guess … let the experts comment….

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.