Afternoon Drive, BBQ & Overnight Camping – Friday 19.04.13

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)
  • Author

I found some pretty good camping gear at Decathlon (Mirdif City Centre). You can of course pick up gear from Picnico or Adventure HQ (Times Square Mall) but the prices might be a bit higher.

April 15, 2013 at 11:00 am #25864

We will be joining this afternoon drive but unfortunately we might not able to be with the camping because we have work on saturday.. :thanks:

April 15, 2013 at 11:04 am #25865
    quote USTE:

We will be joining this afternoon drive but unfortunately we might not able to be with the camping because we have work on saturday.. :thanks:

No probs Erricson, u can stay for BBQ and then leave…

April 15, 2013 at 11:10 am #25866
    quote Ganesh:

quote USTE:

No probs Erricson, u can stay for BBQ and then leave…

:thanks: a lot Mr. Ganesh…. cant wait for this drive… :drive: ๐Ÿ™‚

April 15, 2013 at 11:11 am #25867

Guys meeting time changed to 3 pm ..pls have a look at the original post..

April 15, 2013 at 1:11 pm #25869
    quote bubban:

I found some pretty good camping gear at Decathlon (Mirdif City Centre). You can of course pick up gear from Picnico or Adventure HQ (Times Square Mall) but the prices might be a bit higher.

:-BD :thanks: :-BD good info

Also Carrefour do a really inexpensive line in kit, I picked up a 2 man (but read 1man) for 32 dirhams and a 3man (read 2man) for 54 AED. Geant have similar kit offers but slightly more expensive

April 15, 2013 at 2:13 pm #25870
    quote Ganesh:

A shorter drive ๐Ÿ™

April 15, 2013 at 4:47 pm #25875

wow, the Ghost Town, another thrilling destination! wouldnโ€™t miss it! ๐Ÿ™‚ (However have to rush back to the city by evening, so will skip the BBQ & camping ๐Ÿ™ )
    Thanks to the Marshals for providing this variety of drives and fun week on week, to let the newbies learn and experience, and to explore this country. I wouldnโ€™t thought the desert can bring so much joy in our life! now I know, thanks to DOโ€™s for this!! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
    See you all on Friday
    Norbert

April 15, 2013 at 5:21 pm #25877

Finallyyyyyy drive to the Ghost Town ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

I am Innnnnn

In saha allah

:thanks: :thanks:

April 16, 2013 at 4:42 am #25885
    quote Iqsaan:

quote Ganesh:

A shorter drive ๐Ÿ™

No Iqsaan, the drive is not shorter, infact the days are longer now…..we use to start the drive by 2.30 and end by 5.30 during winters, so now its just that 1 hour has been adjusted here and there……so its the same duration if you see ๐Ÿ™‚

April 16, 2013 at 5:35 am #25887

HI!

First trip with DO.
    I am in for drive, BBQ, camping and anything “informal” that may be organised for the Saturday morning. ๐Ÿ™‚

(I trust this counts as registration. Still learning the ropes on the DO forum.)

Thanks

Thom

April 16, 2013 at 5:59 am #25888
    quote Thom:

HI!

First trip with DO.
    I am in for drive, BBQ, camping and anything “informal” that may be organised for the Saturday morning. ๐Ÿ™‚

(I trust this counts as registration. Still learning the ropes on the DO forum.)

Thanks

Thom

Hi Thom, welcome to Dubai Offroaders….. To be a part of this drive, you will have to click the “register for trip” button on the first page of the post…..

Nice to know that you will be there for the BBQ & camping too….. you will defenitely experience a blast with us…. See you on Friday afternoon….

Stay tuned to know the meeting point very shortly…. Cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

April 16, 2013 at 7:12 am #25891
    quote Apolaris:

wow, the Ghost Town, another thrilling destination! wouldnโ€™t miss it! ๐Ÿ™‚ (However have to rush back to the city by evening, so will skip the BBQ & camping ๐Ÿ™ )
    Thanks to the Marshals for providing this variety of drives and fun week on week, to let the newbies learn and experience, and to explore this country. I wouldnโ€™t thought the desert can bring so much joy in our life! now I know, thanks to DOโ€™s for this!! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
    See you all on Friday
    Norbert

Hey Guys,
    Thanks a lot for the drive post, looks like we are approaching the Summer and these are the last few weeks of
    somewhat plesant evenings.
    Will wait for the BBQ however have work on SAT. so wont be Camping.
    Cheers,
    Leo

April 16, 2013 at 3:13 pm #25899

Guys, the meeting point map and the cordinates have been updated in the first page of the post…..

See you on Friday afternoon for an exciting adventurous evening ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers

April 16, 2013 at 3:31 pm #25901

Can we have a list of overnite camping crowd :

1. Ganesh
    2. Matthews
    3. Ashok
    4. Hutong
    5. Brian
    6. Thom

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.