All Level Afternoon Exploration Drive – 20 September 2019

• Author

This drive is an exploration drive and will not follow a previously defined route.

Drive Meet: 02:00 PM
    Drive Start: 02:30 PM
    Drive End: Sunset
    Drive Terrain: Sand

The plan of this drive is to explore the area in the South West of Al Qudra Lakes (Hence you see only a meeting point link and no name). The route will challenge us with tricky technical dunes which will allow us to enhance our skills in conquering small technical dunes made of soft sand.

The aim will be to end at Al Qudra Lakes but it’ll depend on the lead marshal(s) of the different convoys to choose the end point of the drive. All levels are welcome and convoys will be defined according to marshal availability.

So let’s go exploring this Friday!

CHECKLIST:
    1. Your emergency contact info must be available at Dubai Offroaders website.
    2. Ensure your 4×4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with full fuel tank at the meeting point.
    3. Carry all necessary offroad gears/recovery equipment in good condition.
    4. Carry enough water/refreshments/re-hydration drinks for yourself & co-passenger(s).
    5. Make sure that your spare tyre is in workable condition.
    6. Your vehicle must have front and rear tow points.
    7. Seat belt must be on while driving including passenger(s).
    8. Read your vehicle owners manual to be acquainted with the 4WD system.
    9. Radio (tuned to frequencies used by DO)
    10. Flag

Please Check the Following Links:
    Driving in a convoy – Roles and Rules https://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/app.php/page/rules
    Equipment needed at different star levels https://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/app.php/page/equipment

FOR SAFETY REASONS, ANYONE WITHOUT A FLAG AND A PROPERLY CONFIGURED RADIO WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE

Anonymous
    September 15, 2019 at 6:52 pm #43171

Looking forward to it..

Anonymous
    September 17, 2019 at 12:12 pm #43172

Hello people. The google map link above does not seem to open for me. Can you please share it again. Thanks

September 17, 2019 at 1:42 pm #43173
    quote HUD14 post_id=49300 time=1568722347 user_id=26026:

Hello people. The google map link above does not seem to open for me. Can you please share it again. Thanks

Hey, it’s opening fine for me. Could you please recheck?

Also, is anyone else facing the same issue?

September 18, 2019 at 4:33 am #43174

hi, I am facing the same issue but a its a bit different
    the link opens a place near abu dhabi on E14 road.

is that correct ?

September 18, 2019 at 4:48 am #43175
    quote addooll post_id=49302 time=1568781213 user_id=25996:

hi, I am facing the same issue but a its a bit different
    the link opens a place near abu dhabi on E14 road.

is that correct ?

Exactly! It’s not a common meeting point we keep for our drives. So far it doesn’t have a name; we’ll explore the area and we’ll carve a route through; hence the exploration drive.

September 22, 2019 at 5:02 am #43177

Thanks DO for this drive, the area is very nice and cant wait to drive there again

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.