ALL LEVEL DRIVE ON FRIDAY THE 1st OF JANUARY 2016

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

thanks paul :thanks:
    great job as second lead :yesss:
    cheers

Anonymous
    January 1, 2016 at 7:36 pm #34569

Quick report about the intermediate drive: we had a convoy of 8 cars (2 Patrol, 3 Wrangler and 3 Raptor, surprisingly no FJ Cruiser :yesss: ๐Ÿ˜€ ) with Abdalla as lead marshal and Avinash as sweeper. As this was my first intermediate drive, I was eager to see how the pros’ are doing it and after a very quick intro in Abdalla style ๐Ÿ˜€ we started our journey. On the first leg we tried to reach the real dunes as Al Aweer is not really famous for its high dunes. After a while and by crossing two asphalt roads we reached the real stuff and had immense fun (myself throughout the whole way :)) ). It was a fast paced drive and we covered 38.8 km in 1:20 hours (moving time, elapsed time 2:15 h). With no stucks, no recoveries and no pop-outs (only 2-3 second attempts) we reached a place where hundreds of locals were showing off their skills on revving the engines and going up-and-down on a huge dune. What an experience… :)) :)) ๐Ÿ˜€ (I hope someone can tell me the name of the place where we had this unique sight).
    2 of us left the convoy at this place but the rest continued their way towards E44 – I hope they all had a safe drive.

Conclusion: guys, it’s really worth gaining experience and collecting drives & miles into your tires as the fun and confidence just gets better after each drive – a perfect start of 2016 !!! :thanks: :ymparty:

January 1, 2016 at 8:29 pm #34571

Thanks gabor for the report
    All did good job following me
    Hope to see you all soon for some fun on sand

January 2, 2016 at 3:27 am #34573

It was a real fun drive , I was able to unleash a Ram From the heart of a JK liberty , the car did well beyond what I expected,we became strongly connected

Most important; I wanted to thank Marshal AHMAD & Marshal BAHER for the trust given to me as a Second lead …

Looking forward for the next drive

Thank you all

January 2, 2016 at 1:23 pm #34576

I was on the Newbie drive and I had a wonderful time! I brought some friends who have never been driving through the dunes before and they were thrilled. Another great day!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.