All level PM drive || Friday 11 DEC

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

fantastic lineup guys :ymhug:
    sweihan dunes wont be as quiet today for sure πŸ˜‰
    i will be at the meeting point by 12:40 in case anyone wishes to join a little earlier B-)
    cheers all… see ya there :yesss:

Ps: it will be colder there so pls bring something to keep u warmer by sunset!!

December 11, 2015 at 6:41 am #34352

Sorry for late confirmation, just joined this forum yesterday (new here but not new to driving). We’ll be in as well – see you there at 1pm!

December 11, 2015 at 5:40 pm #34353

Another nice drive with DO.. Just loved the big high dunes in the beginning of the trip even though we had some second tries.. This was my first time in Sweihan. Thanks Joe and all others for this amazing trip. Looking forward to the next drive. Posting few pics below. :thanks:

Anonymous
    December 11, 2015 at 5:54 pm #34354

Unfortunately I missed this trip due to family commitments. InshaAllah see you all next week.

Stay safe and have a great week

December 11, 2015 at 7:01 pm #34355

Great Pictures. Well worth the drive up there. A big thanks again to the marshals who kept us moving, Most of the time:)

December 12, 2015 at 5:59 am #34356

Hi everyone! Another lovely off-road day with new experience, but to be honest for me that day for some reasons was the hardest, all troubles starts when I realised that forgot my optic glasses wich i use in night drive, for some places my friend literally show me where to go and how much power use or slow down! Also for night drive I should install top leds bar. Thanks marshals for nice day and help with recovery!

Anonymous
    December 13, 2015 at 5:15 am #34357

We had a long and challenging :drive: last Friday in Sweihan and it was indeed a change of scenery !
    The DO members turned up this time in such a large number that the marshals were able to start 3 convoys. I was in one of the newbie/fewbie convoys with the lead of Joe and sweep of Deva, having the honor and pleasure to be second lead. :yesss: πŸ˜€ The start was not on the planned time and with few second attempts right at the beginning, we were basically running behind schedule and against the clock the whole time. Joe was pushing us hard, reaching speeds on the plain area of up to 80 km/h on 12 psi tires! :-s :-ss
    We had all kind of dunes from easy & small through small-but-challenging up to the largest ones I’ve seen so far but nothing could beat or stop us and we reached the finish point well after sunset at just before 7 pm. My off road lights came again handy. :))

Few details about our trip:
    distance: 57.5 km
    area: 159 square km
    moving time: 2:09:22
    total time: 4:47:00

Finally some recommendations to all members:
    1) please arrive on time (or before) and let us start as the planned schedule to be able to finish the drive as planned (normally before sunset). I am not complaining and have nothing against driving in darkness πŸ˜€ , but some of us might have.
    2) communication is the key in all group work – use your radio and report all situation which can slow the group.

Big thanks to our marshals, Joe it was my pleasure to follow you :thanks:

Let us have fun again next time,

Gabor
    055 5799185

December 13, 2015 at 7:43 am #34358

thanks Gabor for your nice trip report and very useful tips πŸ™‚
    u were great as second lead as well…
    a wonderful drive indeed that i very much enjoyed with the company of u all πŸ™‚
    ive pushed u hard and u all kept up to the challenge and drove far better than a newbie level! well done guys…
    a big thanks to sam and deva for your continued support on this drive… u guys made it possible to keep moving ahead!
    looking forward for our next drive together…
    cheers

December 13, 2015 at 10:03 am #34359

just a quick thought πŸ˜• πŸ˜• πŸ˜• πŸ˜• how about a sat or Friday morning drive :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive: on the same route with fewbe++ what say all marshals.. @joe.zeinoun :-w :-w :-w :-w

December 13, 2015 at 10:55 am #34360

some day for sure adi πŸ™‚
    cant promise when though…

Anonymous
    December 13, 2015 at 11:41 am #34361

I would welcome any other morning drive (not that I am afraid of dark πŸ˜€ ) on Friday or Saturday morning, as someone gave me the look πŸ˜• last Friday when I reached home after 8 hours of fun …

Sunrise drive would be fun too :)) :)) :))

December 13, 2015 at 1:02 pm #34362
    quote joe.zeinoun:

some day for sure adi πŸ™‚
    cant promise when though…

@joe
    .zeinoun i have 3 likes on my post….. many people wants the same…… @-) @-) @-) @-)

December 13, 2015 at 1:47 pm #34363

It was an amazing drive last Friday in Sweihan with lot of good memories. Beautiful scenery and climate was perfect to remove the Roof panels and enjoy (Flies annoyed a lil bit though #-O ) . It was my first time in Sweihan and I was really excited to drive here as I always heard a lot of stories of Sweihan dunes (Rollovers, etc.) :-ss From the start of the drive I felt that sand is very different from the areas I have driven before, the sand was very soft and unpredictable. Especially during side cresting in some areas it was not possible to keep the car straight :drive: . But even considering all these factors everybody performed very well and inspite that we were little slow still the interest was maintained throughout the drive πŸ˜€ .

This time I got a spot at the back in the convoy, and I really enjoyed this position as I always knew what’s the reason that convoy is not moving. Otherwise in the front spots we are always puzzled thinking β€œWhat the hell is going on back there?” X( . Luckily we dint had any pop outs that day which saved a lot of time. Many people including me don’t like to be late on the drive as we have family commitments, but I liked the thrill of finishing at night on this drive, especially at the end where white Pajero got stuck and the location made the recovery very difficult. Sam tried from the back but the sand was very soft to do recovery, then deva got stuck trying to rescue. All were standing confused what’s going on here? :-\ Finally Joe came to the rescue and within minutes he cleared all and choose a new route to the exit. There is a lot of things to mention but will limit myself to this much only.

Overall the credit goes to Joe :thanks: for a such a nice route selection as per the level of the drivers. We dint felt unsafe anywhere and all came out with happy faces πŸ˜€ .
    I agree with @AdionlyAdi for going back there with Freebie++ it will be great fun B-) .

See you all next weekend!!!

December 13, 2015 at 2:15 pm #34364

Looks like I missed out on a good trip! I knew I would be late and didn’t want to hold the group up. Next time!

December 13, 2015 at 7:38 pm #34368
    quote edeg1972:

I would welcome any other morning drive (not that I am afraid of dark πŸ˜€ ) on Friday or Saturday morning, as someone gave me the look πŸ˜• last Friday when I reached home after 8 hours of fun …

Sunrise drive would be fun too :)) :)) :))

It would be cool to have Friday or Saturday fewbe drive . @-)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.