Beginner’s, Experienced & Intermediate level Afternoon Sand Drive, on Friday the 23rd of October ‘2020

• Author

Meeting time: 1400
    Drive starts: 1430
    Drive terrain: Sand dunes
    Drive will end at sundown

Convoy allocations and Radio frequencies will be shared by Whatsapp on Friday morning, just prior to the drive.
    Please be punctual to avoid making many others wait for you, as well as to maximize our time on the sand.

IMPORTANT: If you are bringing smaller children, please ensure they are secured in an age-appropriate car seat, or bolster seat.

COVID-19 PREVENTION MEASURES
    A. At the meeting point, please park the vehicles at least 5 meters apart and observe standard social distancing practices.
    B. Face mask and gloves to be worn at all times.
    C. No shaking hands, hugging or any other physical contact.
    C. Max 3 persons per vehicle, or 5 if from the same family staying in the same house.
    D. Drive briefing can be viewed on this page and communications on the day will be carried out by radio, so please ensure your radio carries the correct channel announced on your convoy’s WhatsApp group so you can line up correctly once at the meeting point, deflate your tires are deflated and mount your flag.
    E. Drivers AND passengers should remain in their vehicles, after deflating their tires and NOT meet or socialize with other participants.
    F. There is to be no sharing of any food or drinks.
    G. No sharing of any equipment, tow ropes, shackles, radios or any other accessory.
    H. In the event of a recovery, please radio your position in the convoy and vehicle – a marshal will advise you on how to self-recover or will assist.

Checklist:
    a) Fully functional 4×4 vehicle with full tank of fuel.
    b) Air compressor in working condition.
    c) Recovery rope / strap.
    d) Compatible radio pre-programmed to DO frequencies.
    e) Refreshments for you and your passengers (if you have them).
    f) Offroad flag attached to vehicle.

Etiquette:
    1) Registering and not coming along may stop others from joining and is easily avoidable – so please be courteous and withdraw if you can’t make it.
    2) Be punctual.
    3) Any participants not registered on the forum site will not be allowed to join the drive.
    4) Passengers in Registered participant’s vehicles are not counted as participants and are fre to join.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and prepare properly – see you on the sand!

October 18, 2020 at 7:18 am #44320

Hi I want to join the drive on 23rd, where can I get the radio?

October 18, 2020 at 7:34 am #44321
    quote sridhar27 post_id=50650 time=1603005484 user_id=26629:

Hi I want to join the drive on 23rd, where can I get the radio?

You will get various types of radios from Dragon Mart. Suggest “Baofeng UV5R” may cost only AED 89/-
    Edragonmall.com, Shop# GC-01 & 02, Ground Floor, Opposite of Chili’s Restaurant, Dragon Mart 2.

October 18, 2020 at 12:50 pm #44326

This is my 1st time joining, any age limit? Kids 10 or 13 yrs, allowed?

October 18, 2020 at 2:10 pm #44330
    quote Ibaqel post_id=50656 time=1603025411 user_id=26636:

I took my 9 and 12 yr old out last week and they had a blast. It was a family affair!

October 18, 2020 at 2:41 pm #44331
    quote Retrohwcm post_id=50660 time=1603030242 user_id=26260:

quote Ibaqel post_id=50656 time=1603025411 user_id=26636:

I took my 9 and 12 yr old out last week and they had a blast. It was a family affair!

Thx

October 20, 2020 at 10:50 am #44339

Where is the drive location, dubai or sharjah?

October 20, 2020 at 11:42 am #44341
    quote Falanso post_id=50671 time=1603191032 user_id=26625:

Where is the drive location, dubai or sharjah?

It’ll be in Sharjah

October 22, 2020 at 6:11 pm #44346

Hi Guys. I would like to join the drive. It will be my first one. I am already registered on the webpage. What else do I need to do? Where is the meeting point. What time I should be there?

October 22, 2020 at 7:48 pm #44348
    quote clementerf post_id=50680 time=1603390288 user_id=26628:

Hi Guys. I would like to join the drive. It will be my first one. I am already registered on the webpage. What else do I need to do? Where is the meeting point. What time I should be there?

Click on “attend” top right and wait for the status to be “attending”.
    As per the marshal, he will communicate the meeting point tomorrow morning

October 23, 2020 at 5:45 am #44349

What time will get the messages

October 23, 2020 at 5:50 am #44350
    quote Gerald post_id=50647 time=1602995031 user_id=26032:

Meeting time: 1400
    Drive starts: 1430
    Drive terrain: Sand dunes
    Drive will end at sundown

Convoy allocations and Radio frequencies will be shared by Whatsapp on Friday morning, just prior to the drive.
    Please be punctual to avoid making many others wait for you, as well as to maximize our time on the sand.

IMPORTANT: If you are bringing smaller children, please ensure they are secured in an age-appropriate car seat, or bolster seat.

COVID-19 PREVENTION MEASURES
    A. At the meeting point, please park the vehicles at least 5 meters apart and observe standard social distancing practices.
    B. Face mask and gloves to be worn at all times.
    C. No shaking hands, hugging or any other physical contact.
    C. Max 3 persons per vehicle, or 5 if from the same family staying in the same house.
    D. Drive briefing can be viewed on this page and communications on the day will be carried out by radio, so please ensure your radio carries the correct channel announced on your convoy’s WhatsApp group so you can line up correctly once at the meeting point, deflate your tires are deflated and mount your flag.
    E. Drivers AND passengers should remain in their vehicles, after deflating their tires and NOT meet or socialize with other participants.
    F. There is to be no sharing of any food or drinks.
    G. No sharing of any equipment, tow ropes, shackles, radios or any other accessory.
    H. In the event of a recovery, please radio your position in the convoy and vehicle – a marshal will advise you on how to self-recover or will assist.

Checklist:
    a) Fully functional 4×4 vehicle with full tank of fuel.
    b) Air compressor in working condition.
    c) Recovery rope / strap.
    d) Compatible radio pre-programmed to DO frequencies.
    e) Refreshments for you and your passengers (if you have them).
    f) Offroad flag attached to vehicle.

Etiquette:
    1) Registering and not coming along may stop others from joining and is easily avoidable – so please be courteous and withdraw if you can’t make it.
    2) Be punctual.
    3) Any participants not registered on the forum site will not be allowed to join the drive.
    4) Passengers in Registered participant’s vehicles are not counted as participants and are fre to join.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and prepare properly – see you on the sand!

Hello Gerald,
    Any updates on the meeting point?

October 23, 2020 at 5:08 pm #44351

Thanks Jeremy and the team for the great afternoon drive.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.