Beginner’s, Experienced & Intermediate level Afternoon Sand Drive, on Friday the 9th of October ‘2020

• Author

Meeting time: 1400
    Drive starts: 1430
    Drive terrain: Sand dunes
    Drive will end at sundown

Convoy allocations and Radio frequencies will be shared by Whatsapp on Friday morning, just prior to the drive.
    Please be punctual to avoid making many others wait for you, as well as to maximize our time on the sand.

IMPORTANT: If you are bringing smaller children, please ensure they are secured in an age-appropriate car seat, or bolster seat.

[media]https://vimeo.com/430598102[/media]

COVID-19 PREVENTION MEASURES
    A. At the meeting point, please park the vehicles at least 5 meters apart and observe standard social distancing practices.
    B. Face mask and gloves to be worn at all times.
    C. No shaking hands, hugging or any other physical contact.
    C. Max 3 persons per vehicle, or 5 if from the same family staying in the same house.
    D. Drive briefing can be viewed on this page and communications on the day will be carried out by radio, so please ensure your radio carries the correct channel announced on your convoy’s WhatsApp group so you can line up correctly once at the meeting point, deflate your tires are deflated and mount your flag.
    E. Drivers AND passengers should remain in their vehicles, after deflating their tires and NOT meet or socialize with other participants.
    F. There is to be no sharing of any food or drinks.
    G. No sharing of any equipment, tow ropes, shackles, radios or any other accessory.
    H. In the event of a recovery, please radio your position in the convoy and vehicle – a marshal will advise you on how to self-recover or will assist.

Checklist:
    a) Fully functional 4×4 vehicle with full tank of fuel.
    b) Air compressor in working condition.
    c) Recovery rope / strap.
    d) Compatible radio pre-programmed to DO frequencies.
    e) Refreshments for you and your passengers (if you have them).
    f) Offroad flag attached to vehicle.

Etiquette:
    1) Registering and not coming along may stop others from joining and is easily avoidable – so please be courteous and withdraw if you can’t make it.
    2) Be punctual.
    3) Any participants not registered on the forum site will not be allowed to join the drive.
    4) Passengers in Registered participant’s vehicles are not counted as participants and are fre to join.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and prepare properly – see you on the sand!

Anonymous
    October 4, 2020 at 9:10 am #44213

Hi could you pls confrim the start and end location

October 4, 2020 at 12:09 pm #44214
    quote Adil4u post_id=50532 time=1601802657 user_id=26403:

Hi could you pls confrim the start and end location

The location is in one of the nearby Emirates.
    The exact coordinates will be shared only with the confirmed participants on Thursday evening or Friday morning, by WhatsApp.

Anonymous
    October 5, 2020 at 4:51 am #44216

Hi Ahmad, it’ll be helpful if you can tell which emirate. Planning to bring my nephew this time and if it is going to be RAK, then I won’t be able to bring him along

October 5, 2020 at 6:01 am #44217
    quote amar.mohamed post_id=50536 time=1601873469 user_id=26390:

Hi Ahmad, it’ll be helpful if you can tell which emirate. Planning to bring my nephew this time and if it is going to be RAK, then I won’t be able to bring him along

We will be in Sharjah.

October 8, 2020 at 1:28 pm #44233

Hi Ahmad,
    i wanted to participate in the drive but my status is still pending – anything left from my end?
    Thx
    Markus

October 8, 2020 at 4:36 pm #44235
    quote Markus post_id=50555 time=1602163739 user_id=26617:

Hi Ahmad,
    i wanted to participate in the drive but my status is still pending – anything left from my end?
    Thx
    Markus

Hello Markus,
    We have to balance the number of participants with the number of Marshals, who are available for support for the particular drive, to ensure the safety and comfort of the participants.
    The current tally at the top reads 48/48, which means that all 48 available slots have been taken, and the later registrations are in the wait list.
    We will, now, just have to wait for more Marshal registrations or any member cancellations…

October 9, 2020 at 3:01 am #44238

Hello Ahmad,
    thx for the swift reply – maybe next time

Drive and return all safe and sound – have fun

Best
    Markus

October 9, 2020 at 4:06 am #44239

Good morning, Offroaders!

I need to plan my day… Please can you post or WhatsApp the meet point?

See you on the sand!
    😊

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.