Beginner’s, Intermediate & Advance level Friday Afternoon Sand Drive 11th September 2020, note earlier start @ 2:30pm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    September 6, 2020 at 2:38 am #3475

Note earlier meeting and start time to allow for the improving weather and earlier sunset!

After reaching the location above, turn left at the fence, and follow the fence south for around 1km to the large open meeting area.

Meeting time: 1400
    Drive starts: 1430
    Drive terrain: Sand dunes
    Drive will end at sundown

Convoy allocations and radio frequencies will be shared by Whatsapp in advance of the drive.

Please be punctual so we can maximise our time on the sand!
    IMPORTANT: If you are bringing children, please ensure they are secured in an age-appropriate car seat.

COVID-19 PREVENTION MEASURES
    A. At the meeting point, please park the vehicles at least 5 meters apart and observe standard social distancing practices.
    B. Face mask and gloves to be worn at all times.
    C. No shaking hands, hugging or any other physical contact.
    C. Max 3 persons per vehicle, or 5 if from the same family staying in the same house.
    D. Drive briefing can be viewed on this page and communications on the day will be carried out by radio, so please ensure your radio carries the correct channel announced on your convoy’s WhatsApp group so you can line up correctly once at the meeting point, deflate your tires are deflated and mount your flag.
    E. Drivers AND passengers should remain in their vehicles, after deflating their tires and NOT meet or socialize with other participants.
    F. There is to be no sharing of any food or drinks.
    G. No sharing of any equipment, tow ropes, shackles, radios or any other accessory.
    H. In the event of a recovery, please radio your position in the convoy and vehicle – a marshal will advise you on how to self-recover or will assist.

Checklist:
    a) Fully functional 4×4 vehicle with full tank of fuel.
    b) Air compressor in working condition.
    c) Recovery rope / strap.
    d) Compatible radio pre-programmed to DO frequencies.
    e) Refreshments for you and your passengers (if you have them).
    f) Offroad flag attached to vehicle.

Etiquette:
    1) Registering and not coming along may stop others from joining and is easily avoidable – so please be courteous and withdraw if you can’t make it.
    2) Be punctual.
    3) Any participants not registered on the forum site will not be allowed to join the drive.
    4) Passengers in Registered participant’s vehicles are not counted as participants and are fre to join.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and prepare properly – see you on the sand!

September 6, 2020 at 10:16 pm #44094

Hello there,

Why can’t I see the apply tab over here?

Thanks

September 7, 2020 at 3:06 am #44095
    quote SheikhMd post_id=50398 time=1599430568 user_id=26486:

Hello there,

Why can’t I see the apply tab over here?

Thanks

Hi, that’s because of the membership fees being implemented.

You’ll find more information here: https://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/app.php/confirm-your-membership

September 8, 2020 at 10:01 am #44097

Hi everyone,

Can you please advise where I can get :

any shops you can recommend?

Thank you in advance!

September 8, 2020 at 10:55 am #44098
    quote nkzn post_id=50401 time=1599559292 user_id=26543:

Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance!

B) air compressor you can purchase new off Amazon, suggest Vitaly – works well costs 299 AED
    C) you can buy AOR kinetic rope and soft shackles form ACE/ Amazon
    D) Baofeng From Dragon Mart will do
    F) I got a mount installed from Radical Garage and bought a Flag pole and flag separately, but I’ve seen many people get suction type flag mounts and pole.

September 8, 2020 at 11:05 am #44099
    quote samirtengli post_id=50402 time=1599562500 user_id=26366:

Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance!

B) air compressor you can purchase new off Amazon, suggest Vitaly – works well costs 299 AED
    F) I got a mount installed from Radical Garage and bought a Flag pole and flag separately, but I’ve seen many people get suction type flag mounts and pole.

Air compressor dual piston (camel) i got from dragon mart for AED 250.00
    Radio (BAI05, BAI13 shops. they charged me AED 75). you can get from dragon mart.
    Kinetic Recovery rope, shackles you can get easy from ACE

September 8, 2020 at 4:58 pm #44101

Hi guys, i am new to the group, and i dont know process when do we receive the whats app information?
    As well i would confirm if the trip is compatible for beginners as i have limited experience of 2 trips

Thanks for feedback

Hayssam

September 9, 2020 at 4:00 am #44104
    quote Hayssam061396 post_id=50405 time=1599584326 user_id=26552:

Hi guys, i am new to the group, and i dont know process when do we receive the whats app information?
    As well i would confirm if the trip is compatible for beginners as i have limited experience of 2 trips

Thanks for feedback

Hayssam

Hello Hayssam, welcome to Dubai Offroaders. It’s good to have you in the group. The trip is compatible for beginners. There will be different convoys for different skill levels.

WhatsApp groups for each convoy will be created either Thursday evening or early Friday morning.

September 9, 2020 at 4:38 am #44105

thanks a lot, appreciate it

Anonymous
    September 10, 2020 at 11:22 am #44111
    quote samirtengli post_id=50402 time=1599562500 user_id=26366:

Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance!

Can confirm
    B) The Vitaly one is good and heavy duty. Takes 10 mins max to fill all four tyres (including plugging and unplugging the hoses etc)
    F) Same

September 10, 2020 at 11:29 am #44112

Dear Hamza,

Why I do not get added to whatsapp group for the rides. I have my phone number correctly added in profile. But when i save number it skips the initial Zero from it. Can you please correct 0557334645
    . I opted for drive and still no group add.

September 10, 2020 at 12:43 pm #44114
    quote Rixwansyed post_id=50418 time=1599737360 user_id=26535:

Dear Hamza,

Why I do not get added to whatsapp group for the rides. I have my phone number correctly added in profile. But when i save number it skips the initial Zero from it. Can you please correct 0557334645
    . I opted for drive and still no group add.

Hi, the groups will be created either this evening or tomorrow morning. I will add you in the convoy WhatsApp group.

October 2, 2020 at 11:06 pm #44200

Dears thanks for sharing details…I saw both Camel and Vitlay …at Noon and Amazon both are available for very diff levels you mentioned…can you advice the model no ..don’t want to buy something not durable or not apt… Ofcourse don’t want to overspend as well…please advice

October 3, 2020 at 8:55 am #44205
    quote Newbieoff-roader post_id=50517 time=1601679990 user_id=26595:

Dears thanks for sharing details…I saw both Camel and Vitlay …at Noon and Amazon both are available for very diff levels you mentioned…can you advice the model no ..don’t want to buy something not durable or not apt… Ofcourse don’t want to overspend as well…please advice

You could for the Vitaly.
    Attaching the exact buy so you won’t miss the model #

Ultra Extreme 4×4 Tire Super Air Flow Portable Car Air compressor 300 Litter/Mints 150 PSI With Carry Bag Color RED https://www.amazon.ae/dp/B07P8B3KBJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_yWdEFbHEW5MJJ

Prices have reduced slightly as well.

I’ve seen a lot of people use it that’s why bought this. Very fast. Durable.

October 6, 2020 at 9:14 am #44221

Thanks for the same…saw some Camel make compressor as well…with cfm of around 85ltr/min, very reasonably priced. Anyone using camel make? If yes, somehow thought duct on might be an issue on that, any suggestion on suitable size of duct.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.