Certified First Aiders

• Author

Certified first aiders, Those who got a first aid training in the recent past 2-3 years before also, Please put your name here, So that we can make a DO’s own first aider list

Why we require Certified first aider : Life support can be given only by a trained first aider, or else it will be a violation of the court of law.

See the necessity –> Blood leaks & nobody don’t know what to do (Spraying water on blood)
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guhpasM5zW0[/media]

December 19, 2012 at 3:47 pm #20892

Good initiative. I am a certified first aider. But I am not seen on most of the DO trips as I have been away from Dubai and been busy. But you can put my name in if you want to. I encourage a few people from DO to receive the first aid training as well as firefighting training in case of emergencies. Differentiating fires and taking appropriate steps is important in case of a fire. I will have a word with the marshals and get some active and regular members and marshals to get these basic training which is required in this sport.

December 19, 2012 at 4:53 pm #20896

I’m trained for Both in First Aid & Fire Fighting, But we need more marshals & members…

December 19, 2012 at 5:41 pm #20899

I am trained for Emergency Response and Fire Fighting by Dubai Civil Defense.
    But no specific training received for first aid, having only basic knowledge 馃檨

December 20, 2012 at 5:09 am #20903

good if there is any specific training, i would be glad to be one.
    look forward from our marshals for such certified trainings.

EMERGENCY FIRST AID HABC
    Who should attend?

This course teaches basic First Aid skills for the work place and how to deal with life-threatening conditions. It is suitable for any students, even without prior knowledge.

This is an accredited qualification compliant with the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) in England and fully cognisant with industry and regulatory standards.
    What will they learn?

The course will familiarise students with their roles and responsibilities of the Emergency First Aider, including assessing an incident, recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness, and assisting a casualty who is suffering from injury and illness.

Course Content
    路 The Role and Responsibilities of an Emergency First Aider
    路 Scene Survey
    路 Managing an Unresponsive Casualty
    路 Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (adult)
    路 Choking
    路 Shock
    路 Heart Attack
    路 Bleeding (severe, embedded object, from orifices)
    路 Treatment of Seizures

Course duration: 8 hours in total

Assessment

Continuous assessment during the course. Assessment on practical abilities of dealing with casualties, no written exam; candidates must show competence to apply learned skills prompt, safe and effective.

Certificate and Validity

Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work from Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC), Safety & Leisure Training Middle East, valid for 3 years. Wallet-sized card included.

Entry requirement

Participants should have Basic English skills.

Safety and Leisure Training, Middle East
    P.O. Box 213222
    Tel: +971 4 450 2418
    Fax: +971 4 447 1691
    Email: [email protected]

December 20, 2012 at 5:57 am #20904

And the cost is only about AED 300 to AED 350 in most approved centers…If its a group a bargain can be proposed…Fire fighting training is also ranging from AED 350 – 500, DCD have live fire trainings…

January 6, 2013 at 1:07 pm #21414

Hi guys,

I’m a certified first aider, going anually for refresher courses to keep license valid.
    Also, trained for firefighting and general emergencies.

Hope I dont have to use my skills within this community but you can count on me if I’m around.

Regards,
    Mitch

January 6, 2013 at 2:02 pm #21418
    quote Mitch:

Hi guys,

I’m a certified first aider, going anually for refresher courses to keep license valid.
    Also, trained for firefighting and general emergencies.

Hope I dont have to use my skills within this community but you can count on me if I’m around.

Regards,
    Mitch

Welcome to Dubai Offroaders, Mitch!!!
    Very nice to have a certified first aider with us during the drives :-BD 馃檪

January 6, 2013 at 2:13 pm #21419

First Aiders
    01. David
    02. Mitch
    03. Hamza
    Fire Marshalls
    01. G. Kumar
    02. David
    03. Mitch

January 13, 2014 at 7:59 pm #28624

I see this is an old post but important. I am an EFR instructor.

January 14, 2014 at 5:50 am #28628
    quote Steve Tribble:

I see this is an old post but important. I am an EFR instructor.

Good one Steve. Guys let plan for a training from Steve and we can have some knowledge about this too.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.