Closed{} All Level Liwa Drive {} Friday 14th Dec 2018{}

• Author

Day and date: Friday 14th Dec 2018
    Drive Type: One Convoy, One Full Day, One Over Night Camp, Open to all members in all levels Families are specially encouraged to join as it will be a nice picturesque drive and overnight camping adventure.
    Note: As its newbie drive its free of any charges, even members from fewbie and higher level and not paid membership can join, if you can’t see register button just drop your name down in the post or you can contact me direct.
    Intermediate drivers as requested from Marshall Alex we will have option for the second day drive from Mezzaira to Moreeb. Don’t miss this Saturday. Limited places for convoy. before Sat drive start there will be inspection by M Alex for all necessary equipment for intermediate level.

Meeting Point: Emarat Jebel Ali on Dubai Abu Dhabi Highway, E11.
    Google maps users (just copy and paste in Google maps): https://www.google.ae/maps/place/24%C2%B056’27.8%22N+55%C2%B002’32.0%22E/@24.9410667,55.0444166,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d24.9410667!4d55.0422333
    GPS users: N 24 56.464 E 55 02.534
    Meeting Time: 06:45 am
    Drive Start: 07:30 am
    Drive End: max by 12:00 pm on Saturday 15th December.
    Duration: one full day and one night

PLEASE SWITCH ON YOUR RADIO AND TUNE IN TO CHANNEL 4 (462 637.5) AS SOON AS YOU REACH THE MEETING POINT, AT THE EMARAT PETROL STATION.

Any one joining in from Abu Dhabi, can meet us here at 08:30 AM, at ADNOC Mafraq,

https://maps.app.goo.gl/XRrjS

PLEASE PUT THE RADIO ON CHANNEL 4 AND AWAIT INSTRUCTIONS.
    We will signal on the Radio as we approach the station and you can join the convoy, which will be passing by. 
    The convoy will not stop here.

Drive Route: Picturesque tall Dunes and lots of sand trails
    Drive Terrain: Unbelievably beautiful inimitable Liwa!!! 

The Season is on again, with the weather showing an affinity for lower temperature.
    The best way obviously, to welcome the onset of the off Roading and Camping season again will be with a visit to the Real “Umm Al Ramoul”, The Mother of all deserts the Rub Al Khaali…meaning The Empty Quarter…in plain English!!

Info about lovely Liwa by our club founder Mr Ahmed Pervez.

The Rub’ al Khali (Arabic: الربع الخالي‎) or Empty Quarter is one of the largest sand deserts in the world, encompassing most of the southern third of the Arabian Peninsula, including southern Saudi Arabia, and areas of Oman, the United Arab Emirates and Yemen. The desert covers some 650,000 square kilometres , Liwa Oasis is about 100 km south of the Arabian Gulf coast and 150 km SSW of the city of Abu Dhabi, on the northern edge of Rub’ al Khali desert and stretches about 100 km east-west, along an arch curved to the north.

The geographic and economic center of the oasis is Mizair’a, where the highway from Abu Dhabi enters the oasis and then divides to the east (65 km to the easternmost village, Mahdar Bin `Usayyan) and west (45 km to the westernmost village, `Aradah).

The villages of Liwa Oasis are the southernmost settlements of Abu Dhabi and of the United Arab Emirates. The southern border of Abu Dhabi with Saudi Arabia, which runs at a distance between 16 and 35 km to the Oasis, is a straight line in the Rub al Khali desert, which is largely uninhabited.

Duration: We will have a tarmac drive OF approx. 150kms. that will take us from the meeting point to the desert entrance point, which is a fuel station, We will fill fuel here and start a day long desert drive, until just before sunset which will bring us to our camping spot in the Dunes. We will camp here, have a BBQ & make merry till late. The camp will be wrapped up for a 9.00am departure in the morning for a nearby fuel station to fill up on fuel and we will inflate the tyre and head back home to arrive in Dubai / Sharjah by afternoon on Saturday the 15th Dec 2018.

I just found on the same day of the drive we will be lucky to see GEMINIDS METEOR SHOWER while camping
    As posted by Dubai Gstronomy Group

https://www.facebook.com/events/2319002018173982/?ti=as

Important note.
    This is a family Outing & all Dubai Offroaders members are welcome to Join.
    Please register your intent to participate in the drive here.
    Please make sure that your vehicle is fully prepared for an expedition type drive with complete recovery kit etc. and that it is fully serviceable with recovery points front & aft.
    We will be camping overnight in the desert & while the day will be hot & sunny, the night temperature is expected to be pleasant and it can become chilly, too, late at night. Please be prepared with complete camping & warm gear as well as sufficient food & drinks for the full day drive as we WILL NOT encounter any place to replenish supplies on the way, once we enter the desert.
    The total off Road drive is expected to be about 120kms.+ but we will be able to access provisions & Petrol prior to the beginning of the Drive.
    You may also carry BBQ Equipment & food if you want to cook the food at the evening camp.
    Please carry at least 4 bundles of wood per Car for the Overnight Camp bonfire.
    This will be an excellent opportunity for photography enthusiasts to take some unbelievably beautiful natural sandscapes…so keep your cameras ready…too!!!!

Checklist :
    1) Your emergency contact info must be available at Dubai Offroaders website.
    2) Ensure your 4×4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with full fuel tank at the meeting point.
    3) Carry all necessary offroad gears/recovery equipment in good condition.
    4) Carry enough water/refreshments/re-hydration drinks for yourself & co-passenger(s).
    5) Make sure that your spare tyre is in workable condition.
    6) Your vehicle must have front and rear tow points.
    7) Seat belt must be on while driving including passenger(s).
    8) Read your vehicle owners manual to be acquainted with the 4WD system.

Please Check the Following Links :
    Driving in a Convoy – Roles and Rules https://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/app.php/page/rules
    Equipment Needed at Different Star levels https://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/app.php/page/equipment

NOTE!
    -DO MARSHALS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DENY PARTICIPATION OF ANY ILL-EQUIPPED OR UNSUITABLE VEHICLE!
    -PLEASE BE THERE ON TIME! WE SHALL NOT WAIT FOR LATE DRIVERS
    -A FULL TANK OF FUEL IS A MUST! 
    -IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU CARRY A COMPATIBLE RADIO TUNED TO DO FREQUENCIES FOUND HERE (RADIO FREQUENCIES)
    -PLEASE READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL AND GET ACQUAINTED WITH THE VARIOUS FUNCTIONS OF THE DEVICE
    AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HOW TO MANUALLY INPUT A FREQUENCY!!

FOR SAFETY REASONS, ANYONE WITHOUT A PROPER CONFIGURED RADIO WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE 

REGISTRATIONS FOR THIS DRIVE WILL BE CLOSED ON THURSDAY.

December 9, 2018 at 8:31 am #42176

Hey Abdala
    Great to see u and Baher back to action!
    Ill try my best to join u this Friday, need to get confirmation from work that my friday free

December 9, 2018 at 9:34 am #42179
    quote Alex post_id=47990 time=1544344286 user_id=24656:

Hey Abdala
    Great to see u and Baher back to action!
    Ill try my best to join u this Friday, need to get confirmation from work that my friday free

Hello Alex
    Yes I have been out of action du to overseas work.
    It will be great if you join.
    I can refer a good doctor for a sick leave certification :)) :)) :))

December 10, 2018 at 10:03 am #42196

Hi Abdullah,
    Is there an option of leaving on Friday (same day) night ?

December 10, 2018 at 11:17 am #42197
    quote m_nagar post_id=48011 time=1544436238 user_id=24645:

Hi Abdullah,
    Is there an option of leaving on Friday (same day) night ?

Hello m_nagar
    There is no option of leaving same day night as we will camp far from road and we don’t recommend to drive in the night special newbie/fewbie level member.
    Only in case of emergency we can exit at night.

December 11, 2018 at 4:04 am #42202

Intermediate drivers, we will have second day from Mezzaira to Moreeb. Don’t miss this Saturday. Limited places for convoy. Car before Sat start will be inspected for all necessary equipment for intermediate level. Let’s have fun :yesss:

December 12, 2018 at 10:45 am #42206

Abdalla,
    could you please fix the Google Maps / GPS links for meeting points, they don’t work for some reason.
    Regards,
    Pavel

December 12, 2018 at 12:06 pm #42207
    quote pkashirskiy post_id=48022 time=1544611517 user_id=25781:

Abdalla,
    could you please fix the Google Maps / GPS links for meeting points, they don’t work for some reason.
    Regards,
    Pavel

Its working now

December 12, 2018 at 3:45 pm #42208

Dear Abdulla,

Would it be possible to share the entry point in Liwa? I would rather meet you there.

Marwan,

December 12, 2018 at 4:38 pm #42209
    quote marwan post_id=48024 time=1544629543 user_id=22744:

Dear Abdulla,

Would it be possible to share the entry point in Liwa? I would rather meet you there.

Marwan,

Entry point for the drive just copy and paste in Google map: 23.6422821, 54.4421589

Or just click on this link:
    https://goo.gl/maps/JFiUjwknURr

Just note that we will be there around 09:45 10:00 am

December 13, 2018 at 1:40 am #42211

Hi Abdalla

The Abu Dhabi meeting point link still doesn’t work!

Thanks to help)
    Alessandro

December 13, 2018 at 3:46 am #42212
    quote renon post_id=48028 time=1544665233 user_id=25753:

Hi Abdalla

The Abu Dhabi meeting point link still doesn’t work!

Thanks to help)
    Alessandro

Link updated

December 13, 2018 at 2:58 pm #42213

Guys would it possible if I finish the drive and leave by sunset. I have to catch my flight Saturday morning and I don’t wana miss this nice drive

December 13, 2018 at 4:58 pm #42214
    quote moe.itani post_id=48030 time=1544713091 user_id=25635:

Guys would it possible if I finish the drive and leave by sunset. I have to catch my flight Saturday morning and I don’t wana miss this nice drive

There is no option of leaving same day night or sunset as we will not encounter any exit in our way to the camp.

• The topic ‘Closed{} All Level Liwa Drive {} Friday 14th Dec 2018{}’ is closed to new replies.