CLOSED | Friday OCT 19th | All Level PM Drive

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Date: Friday – October 19th, 2018
    Drive Type: All level drive depending on member/marshal registrations

Meeting/Deflation Point: Mahafiz
    Google Maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/GQewz5EJe1K2
    GPS Users : 25.1575731, 55.7417217

Meeting Time : 02:30 pm
    Drive Starts: 3:00 pm
    Drive Ends: Sunset
    Ending Point : Mleiha Archaeological Center

REGISTRATIONS FOR THIS DRIVE WILL BE CLOSED ON OR BEFORE 7:00PM, THURSDAY

CHECKLIST :
    1) Your emergency contact info must be available at Dubai Offroaders website.
    2) Ensure your 4×4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with full fuel tank at the meeting point.
    3) Carry all necessary offroad gears/recovery equipment in good condition.
    4) Carry enough water/refreshments/re-hydration drinks for yourself & co-passenger(s).
    5) Make sure that your spare tyre is in workable condition.
    6) Your vehicle must have front and rear tow points.
    7) Seat belt must be on while driving including passenger(s).
    8) Read your vehicle owners manual to be acquainted with the 4WD system.

Please Check the Following Links :
    Driving in a Convoy – Roles and Rules app.php/page/rules
    Equipment Needed at Different Star Levels app.php/page/equipment

NOTE!
    -DO MARSHALS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DENY PARTICIPATION OF ANY ILL-EQUIPPED OR UNSUITABLE VEHICLE!
    -PLEASE BE THERE ON TIME! WE SHALL NOT WAIT FOR LATE DRIVERS
    -A FULL TANK OF FUEL IS A MUST!
    -IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU CARRY A COMPATIBLE RADIO TUNED TO D/O FREQUENCIES
    -PLEASE READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL AND GET ACQUAINTED WITH THE VARIOUS FUNCTIONS OF THE DEVICE
    AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HOW TO MANUALLY INPUT A FREQUENCY!!

FOR SAFETY REASONS, ANYONE WITHOUT A FLAG AND A PROPERLY CONFIGURED RADIO WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE

CONVOY ALLOCATION:

Convoy A
    Sahil – Lead Marshal
    TomTom – 2nd Lead (1*)
    Rdk
    Jose
    Saadpardesi
    Nico
    Airwolf
    Woody
    Amir Ali
    Pardesi
    Ankit – Sweep Marshal

Convoy B
    Ahmad Pervez – Lead Marshal
    Frank – 2nd Lead (1*)
    Modar
    Mike
    Yoga
    Joost
    JP23
    Giacometti
    Sandandrocks
    Pkashirskiy – (1*)
    Heithos – Sweep Marshal

Convoy C
    Martin – Lead Marshal
    BandanaOfBros
    Nico
    Chamalo
    Adam – Support
    Jibs – Sweep Marshal

Attachments:

October 14, 2018 at 4:16 pm #41964

Congrats on your first posted drive Sahil.

October 15, 2018 at 4:19 am #41967

I am in..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

October 15, 2018 at 7:39 am #41968
    quote Bernardo post_id=47719 time=1539533764 user_id=24931:

Congrats on your first posted drive Sahil.

Thanks Marshal!

quote Amirali post_id=47722 time=1539577178 user_id=25839:

I am in..

Glad to know that! Please click on the green thumbs up on this page to confirm your attendance. See you on the weekend

October 15, 2018 at 7:47 am #41969

I don’t see the green thumbs up icon on this page, will you please guide me.

October 15, 2018 at 8:50 am #41970
    quote Amirali post_id=47724 time=1539589621 user_id=25839:

I don’t see the green thumbs up icon on this page, will you please guide me.

Please login through the website to register for the trip, you should be able to see the green thumbs up on this trip page after you’ve signed into the website.

We have currently disabled Registrations through Tapatalk.

October 15, 2018 at 5:51 pm #41971

This will be my first drive with Dubai Offroaders. I have a bit of experience going on a few trips with friends (Pink Rock, Al Aweer) but its been well over a year since I’ve last seen some dunes. I haven’t been to this location before, will this drive be the right level for me to join as a newbie?

In addition, the “equipment needed” post states that a flag is not required for first-timers. I’ll try to arrange one before Friday but will I be able to join without one? (I have a radio, deflator and pressure gauge)

October 15, 2018 at 8:22 pm #41975
    quote Joost post_id=47727 time=1539625903 user_id=25792:

This will be my first drive with Dubai Offroaders. I have a bit of experience going on a few trips with friends (Pink Rock, Al Aweer) but its been well over a year since I’ve last seen some dunes. I haven’t been to this location before, will this drive be the right level for me to join as a newbie?

In addition, the “equipment needed” post states that a flag is not required for first-timers. I’ll try to arrange one before Friday but will I be able to join without one? (I have a radio, deflator and pressure gauge)

Welcome to Dubai Offroaders!

As this is an All Level Drive, it will consist of multiple convoys based on the experience, skill and level achieved of the club members. Members will be allocated in convoys accordingly.

For instance, as this would be your first trip with D/O, you would be required to drive in the Newbie convoy in which the allocated Marshal will host a briefing and go over the do’s and dont’s prior to the trip.

For a first timer with us, a flag is an exception but we strongly advise you to arrange one before the drive for your safety as well as the safety of the other members on the trip.

October 16, 2018 at 7:09 am #41978
    quote Sahil Trehan” post_id=47731 time=1539634963 user_id=24740:

As this is an All Level Drive, it will consist of multiple convoys based on the experience, skill and level achieved of the club members. Members will be allocated in convoys accordingly.

For instance, as this would be your first trip with D/O, you would be required to drive in the Newbie convoy in which the allocated Marshal will host a briefing and go over the do’s and dont’s prior to the trip.

For a first timer with us, a flag is an exception but we strongly advise you to arrange one before the drive for your safety as well as the safety of the other members on the trip.

Thanks! That sounds great. I’ll try my best to find a flag before Friday as well.

October 16, 2018 at 4:12 pm #41989

in

October 16, 2018 at 4:35 pm #41990
    quote Pardesi post_id=47746 time=1539706339 user_id=24832:

in

Welcome! :drive:

October 17, 2018 at 10:53 am #41996

:drive: Nice to see your 1st posted drive… please enjoy with a thought for those who would’d like to be there !

October 17, 2018 at 4:10 pm #41998
    quote Joost post_id=47735 time=1539673769 user_id=25792:

quote Sahil Trehan” post_id=47731 time=1539634963 user_id=24740:

Thanks! That sounds great. I’ll try my best to find a flag before Friday as well.

hello Joost
    incase you havent managed to install a permanent flagpole yet, a quicker temporary way would be to buy a sticky whip stick on flag post..takes 2 mins to install if you’re looking for a quick fix.
    i remember ravon auto in al quasis had it.
    cheers
    jp

October 17, 2018 at 7:12 pm #41999
    quote Sebastien post_id=47755 time=1539773618 user_id=24941:

:drive: Nice to see your 1st posted drive… please enjoy with a thought for those who would’d like to be there !

Thanks Buddy! You’ll be very much missed on the drive :ymhug:

October 17, 2018 at 8:29 pm #42000
    quote jp23 post_id=47757 time=1539792632 user_id=25837:

hello Joost
    incase you havent managed to install a permanent flagpole yet, a quicker temporary way would be to buy a sticky whip stick on flag post..takes 2 mins to install if you’re looking for a quick fix.
    i remember ravon auto in al quasis had it.
    cheers
    jp

Hi jp, appreciate the tip. I’ve seen those pass by on some forums while searching ways to mount a flag. Hopefully I’ll be able to stop by Ravon before Friday. Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.