D.R.I.V.E.

• Author

I just thought of compiling the basic instructions on a DRIVE specially for the benefit of our newbie members. I have used the “DRIVE” acronym to make it easier for us to remember the rules. We can save it in our phones and have a quick read-through before hitting the sand :

D : Discipline – Follow the track, maintain your convoy position, maintain safe distance from the car in front of you. As a thumb rule, a distance of 3-4 cars should be appropriate on regular sand terrain unless you are near a huge dune or bowl.
    R : Reattempt – If a member is reattempting a certain obstacle, please be patient and allow him to overcome that challenge. However, if you feel it is not safe to stop, carry on and stop at a safe place and come back to your convoy position at the first opportunity.
    I : Intelligence – Please don’t do anything you or your car is not comfortable doing. Follow your common sense, use your presence of mind, do not fight gravity and let go of that ego. Safety is paramount.
    V : Voice – Use your radio effectively to voice and communicate any information that the Marshals/Sweeps/Members need to know. If you need to stop or reattempt, communicate and do it.
    E : Equip and Enjoy – Make sure you have the basic equipment before entering the desert(radio, tow hooks, flag, Viking rope). Ensure your seat belts are on at all times for driver and passengers and enjoy the desert.

:drive: safe and have fun 🙂 .

November 27, 2014 at 6:42 am #31458

November 27, 2014 at 6:47 am #31459

Nice one Saj

November 27, 2014 at 8:35 am #31461

Nice!!!
    🙂

November 27, 2014 at 8:47 am #31462

Good stuff Sir. :yesss:

November 27, 2014 at 10:11 am #31464

Thank you very much. Really good inputs for newbees

November 29, 2014 at 6:00 pm #31479

Great thinking Saj…very well articulated
    Appreciate it…a must read thru for all…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.