dragonmart compressor

• Author

I bought a dual compressor from dragonamrt a few weeks ago and has already stopped working. ๐Ÿ™
    The wires insulation has melted in places under the black cover. I separated the wires but it still doesn’t work. Could it be I need new wires put in as well as perhaps a new switch (as well as a new little black plastic box switch)? ๐Ÿ˜•

If so is it worth it – and where could i go to get this looked at?

or is it simply my fault for expecting more from dragon mart. #-o

“Buy cheap and buy twice” – in my case 3 times in one year! :-\

:thanks:

November 22, 2014 at 12:37 pm #31371

My contention on this matter is buy the best that one can afford the first time itself.
    When we are offroading as regularly as we are, the best option is to invest in a bushranger compressor, preferably the Super Max.
    The calculations are pretty simple…
    Super Max has a rated output of 85 litres per minute, ambient and 59 litres per minute at 30 PSI.
    This basically translates into a tyre inflation time of about 100 secs, per tyre, from 15PSI to 35PSI, against an average of 200 secs, per tyre, with any typical Chinese pump…which means a saving of about 400 secs, for four tyres, every time one inflates.
    This loosely translates into saving 8000 seconds or 2 hours 20 minutes if you go offroad even 20 times…
    The Bushranger is Australian made and comes with a 5 year Warranty.
    ๐Ÿ™‚

November 22, 2014 at 3:44 pm #31373

totally agree ๐Ÿ™‚
    or u could even install a custom made fully automated airtank that runs off of ur spare tyre with upto 150psi of readilly compressed air, just like the one i have ๐Ÿ™‚
    it comes in handy in times of popouts and does a great job at dusting off the sand from inside ur car after the drive, u could even run air tools if u wish ๐Ÿ˜‰
    let me know if ur interested in fitting one.
    cheers

November 22, 2014 at 5:32 pm #31375
    quote joe.zeinoun:

totally agree ๐Ÿ™‚
    or u could even install a custom made fully automated airtank that runs off of ur spare tyre with upto 150psi of readilly compressed air, just like the one i have ๐Ÿ™‚
    it comes in handy in times of popouts and does a great job at dusting off the sand from inside ur car after the drive, u could even run air tools if u wish ๐Ÿ˜‰
    let me know if ur interested in fitting one.
    cheers

We would definitely be interested in finding out more on how this works!!!

November 22, 2014 at 6:05 pm #31376

it would be my pleasure to demonstrate the mechanism to anyone interested next time we meet for a drive ๐Ÿ™‚
    and whoever cant wait ๐Ÿ˜‰ just give me a call and we could meet up and discuss over a cup of coffee ๐Ÿ™‚
    cheers

November 23, 2014 at 3:55 am #31379

Joe – I will call you. This idea has been in my mind for months… And we are neighbors too ๐Ÿ˜‰

Philip – I had same issue with the first compressor I bought from same place. Very good one, but the switch melted 3rd time of using. I replaced the fuse and switch, and melted again. So I completely removed it (the switch) and it starts pumping as soon as connected to battery. But shortly after I got a Bushranger so I’m not sure how long it can be used without the switch. It still lies in my trunk waiting for Bushranger to fail and be used again ๐Ÿ™‚ lol

November 23, 2014 at 4:29 am #31382
    quote JustDen:

It still lies in my trunk waiting for Bushranger to fail and be used again ๐Ÿ™‚ lol

I have not seen a Bushranger fail…I used a Blackmax for some 6 years till it was stolen from a car left unlocked, inadvertently.
    ๐Ÿ™
    So…one can imagine…they are worth a steal even when they are 6 years old!!!
    =))

November 23, 2014 at 4:49 am #31383

I have also been reading up on installing air tanks. Some people have converted LPG bottles by changing the fittings with quick connects with good results. Although i don’t know if you are allowed to use LPG bottles for air tanks in the UAE.

Phillip, if you are going to bin your compressor then i will gladly take it off your hands for spare parts when mine dies! ๐Ÿ™‚

November 23, 2014 at 4:09 pm #31410

Thanks guys for all the feedback…. :thanks:
    Clearly it seems like I’m not the only one who has had the lucky dip experience of dragon mart.
    Definitely interested in seeing the set up you have Joe on one of the next drives… But might also invest in a bushranger, the warranty (if respected , and for 5 years is tempting) especially as it can be transferred to other vehicles (assuming Joes method is fixed to the vehicle?)
    ๐Ÿ˜€

November 23, 2014 at 5:34 pm #31413

yes offcourse its fixed to the vehicle. there are some wiring and plumbig to be done, but nothing that will involve modifiying any part of the vehicle except the spare tyre thats sitting there useless most of the time. and still ull be able to use it whenever needed; just close the valve and ure ready to go and the pump will still work normally!
    but for all this to work properlly with no hassle u still need a reliable pump. in fact the pump now will have to do more work to push upto 150psi. but it can do it in entervals without having to heat up!

if ure really interested, give me a call and we could sit and plan this together and discuss the cost of hardware and fitting. once decided i could take care of all the rest.
    its a half day job! and ts not a business as much as a hobby ๐Ÿ™‚
    cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

November 23, 2014 at 5:51 pm #31416

Just for the sake of options, I have bought an ARB CKMTP12 compressor and loving it..

Ok I am not an hardcore “dune basher” ๐Ÿ™‚ but I can inflate mine + couple of other friends tires seamlessly.. It’s of top notch quality I can say..

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.