Easy Drive from Dubai to RAK

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Day and date: Thursday Dec 1st, 2016
    Drive Type: Relaxing drive through smooth dunes and desert tracks for newbies with a few drives and above
    Meeting Point: N25.13528ยฐ E55.52990ยฐ
    Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/99e3tECUQpP2
    Meeting Time: 0530
    Drive Start: 0600
    Drive End: 1000
    Duration: 4 hours
    Drive Route: Dubai E44 towards RAK all through the desert
    Drive Terrain: Smooth dunes and tracks

For those not heading south to Starfish or east to Dibba let’s have a smooth and relaxing drive through the desert from Dubai E44 to RAK. We will pass through various plantations and farms as we make our way under the rising sun. Depending on Marshal and Deputy involvement we may have to keep the convoy small. As such, I will share the meeting point details to all the confirmed participants later this week.

Hope to see you early in the morning!!

Matt

Checklist:
    a) Keep your emergency contact info at vehicle dashboard.
    b) Carry air compressor with you and ensure itโ€™s in working condition.
    c) Ensure your 4×4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    d) Compatible Radio is a must.
    e) Carry all necessary off-road gear / recovery equipment in good working condition.
    f) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

Anonymous
    November 27, 2016 at 6:37 pm #37257

Hi Matthew,
    Do you have place in your convoy for someone who would like to gain faith & confidence in off-roading again?

November 27, 2016 at 7:55 pm #37258

lovely timing and drive level. I am going to sneak out of my home for this ๐Ÿ™‚ and hopefully be back before anyone wakes up

November 28, 2016 at 4:41 am #37260
    quote edeg1972:

Hi Matthew,
    Do you have place in your convoy for someone who would like to gain faith & confidence in off-roading again?

welcome back Gabor, it will be great to have you back. It will be a nice drive for you to get back in the groove too!! :ymhug:

November 28, 2016 at 4:42 am #37261
    quote sandandrocks:

lovely timing and drive level. I am going to sneak out of my home for this ๐Ÿ™‚ and hopefully be back before anyone wakes up

That is my plan too Anwar…let’s see how well it goes to plan ๐Ÿ˜€

November 28, 2016 at 7:57 am #37266

I am in ! Looking fwd to it !

November 28, 2016 at 9:06 am #37267

i am in and ready looking forward for Friday if we can make something special also

November 28, 2016 at 3:37 pm #37274

This trip might just be perfect to do a little shopping on the way back! ๐Ÿ˜‰

November 28, 2016 at 4:57 pm #37275

Hi Matt, do you have place in your convoy…. I’m back in the new XTreme, looking for a nice easy drive with Oskar, no rolls this time!!!

If anyone wants to fill up for Christmas at Al Hamra Cellar, I can bring lots of 20% off vouchers…..

November 28, 2016 at 5:09 pm #37276
    quote Paul_FJCruiser:

Hi Matt, do you have place in your convoy…. I’m back in the new XTreme, looking for a nice easy drive with Oskar, no rolls this time!!!

If anyone wants to fill up for Christmas at Al Hamra Cellar, I can bring lots of 20% off vouchers…..

Hi paul,
    you caught my drift ๐Ÿ˜€
    i will take you up on the offer :thanks:

November 29, 2016 at 11:24 am #37295

Waiting for the meeting point coordinates to coordinate the wake up alarm ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    November 29, 2016 at 1:12 pm #37299
    quote Paul_FJCruiser:

Hi Paul, welcome back!
    I am also kind of re-starting my carrier with DO ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

2 questions: is Al Hamra Cellar better (selection wise) / cheaper than the shop at Barracuda Resort? Any member card is required?

November 29, 2016 at 5:58 pm #37300

@edge1972

Once you try it, you’ll never go back. same pricing, better service! No card needed….

November 30, 2016 at 2:27 am #37301

i’m not to be able to make it tomorrow because of work. Rugby 7s is looming and still plenty to do! Please head off to the shop, speak with Wilson the store manager and quote Dubai Offroaders and you will get 20% off in the shop. Well worth the the trip, trust me!

Let me know how you go!!!

November 30, 2016 at 4:59 am #37302

Good morning everyone. I have posted the meeting point location above. Please plan to be there by 5:30am and get deflated right away. We will want to push off by 6am.

Ajay will be joining us as well so we will have 2 convoys. As such, everyone who is signed up is welcome.

See you bright and early tomorrow!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.