Eid Long Weekend Mountain Drive Overnighter – Khasab

• Author

Event starts: Friday 15th June 2018, 0815 hrs, in case the first day of Eid falls on 15th June, there will be a late convoy at 1400 hrs also
    Event ends: Saturday, 16th Jube 2018, 1400 hrs

Event Type: multiple level drive depending on member/marshal registrations

Meeting Point:
    on the outskirts of Sharjah. meeting point coordinates will be given to the confirmed participants a day before the event.

Meeting Time: 0800 hrs, in case the first day of Eid falls on 15th June, there will be a late convoy at 1400 hrs also

Drive Terrain: tarmac, beach sand and graded tracks on the mountains

Includes nice views from the mountaintop, nice blue waters of the Arabian Gulf and option for snorkeling and dolphin watching.

Requirements:
    Oman entry visa. Procure online before the trip. These days, there are no visas granted at the border and you need to pre-arrange your visa online

DO MARSHALS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DENY PARTICIPATION OF ANY ILL-EQUIPPED OR UNSUITABLE VEHICLE!

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU CARRY A COMPATIBLE RADIO TUNED TO DO (UHF) FREQUENCIES FOUND HERE (RADIO FREQUENCIES)

PLEASE READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL AND GET ACQUAINTED WITH THE VARIOUS FUNCTIONS OF THE DEVICE AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HOW TO MANUALLY INPUT A FREQUENCY!! ANYONE WITHOUT A PROPERLY CONFIGURED RADIO, WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE, FOR SAFETY REASONS!

Checklist:
    a) Keep your emergency contact info at vehicle dashboard.
    b) Carry air compressor with you and ensure it’s in working condition.
    c) Ensure your 4×4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    d) Compatible Radio is a must.
    e) Carry all necessary off-road gear / recovery equipment in good working condition.
    f) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

June 11, 2018 at 5:24 am #41608

Hi, I am interested however I would like to ask if car insurance can be obtained at the border.

June 11, 2018 at 1:59 pm #41610

:thanks:

quote hkatrib post_id=47288 time=1528694642 user_id=25652:

Hi, I am interested however I would like to ask if car insurance can be obtained at the border.

Generally yes, third party insurance is available at all border towards Muscat and Nizwa, but am not sure of the insurance availability at Tibat border.

Better buy it here itself. Moreover all agencies will be operating at their lowest strength on the Eid holiday.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.