Fewbee++ to Intermediate Friday Afternoon 08th Feb Drive:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Going to miss this afternoon drive ๐Ÿ™ some commitments….

Wish you all a safe and joyful evening with our Marshal Humayon ๐Ÿ™‚ :thanks:

February 8, 2013 at 4:29 pm #23043

I wondered where to post, given it was an Intermediate/Fewbee drive, but here will do for the moment.

:thanks:

We gathered at the Al Faqaa Mosque and swapped stories, exchanged gear notes, greeted old friends and made new ones before splitting into 2 convoys. :thanks: to Humayun & Khalil for their leads, very nice drive in tricky short sided dunes with enough bowls, sidesloping and crossovers to keep us focused.
    We (Khalil & I) were lucky enough to sight a Gazelle, magnificent to see.
    :thanks: also to Sayed Bhai on our convoy for his excellent security work at the rear, and :thanks: to my fellow offroaders: Khadi-Rein-Fida and a gentleman from Jordan whose name I didn’t catch ๐Ÿ˜• Great to drive with you guys.

Very many :thanks: to Humayun & Khalil, look forward to the next occasion

February 8, 2013 at 5:18 pm #23044

Wow.. What a drive. Few Bee ++ was a convoy of 8 cars with myself in lead followed by Pratik, David, Shabeer Saidu, Sajid, Tariq, Mahboob and Raziq as sweep. Initially it was few bee++ level but as the guys demanded more fun then level was increased and it was wonderfull to watch the convoy rolling at good pace beside few stucks which was dealt within no time.

It was an excellent drive and you guys really drove well :drive: :drive: :drive:

Raziq you were wonderfull in sweep and without you it would have been difficult to keep the convoy rolling. Keep up the good work.. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Overall it was excellent drive and :thanks: thanks to all guys for joining…

February 8, 2013 at 5:32 pm #23046

Nice to see you guys had good fun…..Well done Humyaun..

Cheers

February 8, 2013 at 5:42 pm #23050

Happy to know that you all enjoyed the drive :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

February 8, 2013 at 6:53 pm #23053

Super…again DO marshals proved themselves they are the real marshals in offroading..

Convoy started little bit late than the planned start time ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜•

Convoy divided on to two Lead by Mr. Humayun (Fewbee) and Mr. Khalil (Intermediate)..

Humayun was flying over the dunes followed by Partil, David, Myself, Sajid, Mehboob, Tariq and Razik as sweep. This time responsibility of sweep was given to Mr Razik, though he was in double minded to take this task, he accepted and truely he was rocking.. I would say he was the ‘Man of the drive’.. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

The first stuck was from the sweep but recovered with in no time and the convoy moved with little fast and again the second stuck was from Partik, here also the recovery was done quickly… In these two stuck Humayun taught us the right way of recovery… he asked every body how we will recover the car in these situations… some said the right way and some were wrong. Anyways it was practical session in recovery.. :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Mr. Razik was holding whole control as sweep and his directions were really helpful to the whole convoy. I recommend our marshals to give him more training as sweep for the fewbee and intermedite drives… :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

In between we got a message from Syed Bhai ( Intermediate convoy) for some help and our convoy was diverted and went head to find them across dunes ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ and as the sun was his way to set in the west we decided to wind the drive and drove back to ADNOC fuel station and farewell each other..

Many many thanks to Humayun for leading us in such a super drive…

Mr. Humayun, as you promised.. we all , the same convoy are looking forward for another drive in the same dunes…soon…

Many :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: to all fellow drivers.. see you guys in next drive till then ..ALVIDHA……

February 8, 2013 at 7:12 pm #23054

Humayun – thank u for ur conscience decision to put me incharge at the back…your gesture was truly overwhelming…enjoyed reporting and being second in command to you…truly an honour…

Shabeer – fabulous report. U relayed the entire drive meticulously. Thank u for those kind words…u were a great support from the middle…

All – it was fun driving with u’ll today & watching every individual’s skills from behind, was a treat…

See u next time…

February 8, 2013 at 7:46 pm #23056

Hey Razik my friend, looks like you did a very good job, well done Congrats ๐Ÿ˜€ (*)

February 9, 2013 at 5:15 am #23058

Razik,

11th Jan 2013 GNFD – Maiden drive on sand
    8 Feb 2013 – SweepIng

Nothing more to say as the above says it’s all. Great learning buddy.

February 9, 2013 at 7:27 am #23059

Humayun – Great lead and it’s drives like this that help build our confidence as beginners and basically increase our confidence/ skill. So once again, thanks for a great drive! ๐Ÿ™‚

Razik – thanks for the help at sweep!

February 9, 2013 at 10:27 am #23061

Hey Guyz…had a nice trip yesterday afternoon…a big thank you going out to Humayun and Razik as they both did a good job to ensure the drive was fun and safe…looking forward to more drives with you all…Mehboob

February 9, 2013 at 11:01 am #23062

Drive was little fast paced than before…Had few stucks initially…but all recovered within no time. All pictures posted to our facebook page. Couldn’t make a big drive report due to error in the track retrieval. If anyone recorded the tracks please share it.

February 9, 2013 at 4:10 pm #23070
    quote zarir:

Razik,

11th Jan 2013 GNFD – Maiden drive on sand
    8 Feb 2013 – SweepIng

Nothing more to say as the above says it’s all. Great learning buddy.

Zarir – gratitude for your comments…

I guess I jus got lucky with the opportunity…credit obviously goes to Humayun for trusting my credentials…hopefully I didn’t disappoint him…

I spent the whole time learning and there indeed were some great take aways…will look to better my gray areas in drives to come :ymblushing:

:thanks: again

February 10, 2013 at 4:42 am #23073

Missed the great drive ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ , will catch up next week hopefully.

February 10, 2013 at 6:36 am #23083

Hi DO Peeps

Thank you Humayun for the lovely afternoon drive and taking us to the water tank. You have to take us there again. :thanks:

Razik, a very enthusiatic and excellent performance on your maiden drive as a sweep. :-BD

:thanks: to the rest of the convoy members for your company.

Regards

Sajid

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.