Fewbie to Intermediate Drive on Friday the 13th of April ’12

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

As explained by the Chief the dunes were small nevertheless tricky white sand and every one’s skill were tested. Had to do lot of hard work for recoveries,a popout and a bumper damage.

But all ended well.

Good lead by Khalil with the cheif sitting with him.

Any one who has taken photos please upload and waiting for Ganesh and others to detail the report.

Thanks to all.
    :thanks: :drive:

April 14, 2012 at 1:31 pm #16655

Guys, Friday’s drive was wonderful…..we all met at the meeting point (Emarat petrol station) at 3.45 p.m. and then parked our cars outside the pump for a short brief by our Chief, Mr. Ahmed Parvez….later on Mr. Ahmed appointed Khalil as the lead marshal for the drive and we had Kashmirji, Saif, Krishnan, G.Kumar & Ashok to support the entire convoy….
    We reached the deflation point and then started off with the drive at 04.30 p.m……at first we had to travel a long route on tracks only, and then after an hour we started to hit the dunes…..very good lead by Khalil….it actually turned out to be an awesome intermediate level drive….
    Im sure all 1 star drivers must have experienced absolute fun driving in those soft, very tricky dunes. Ashwin (Ash777) had some serious stuck-ups a couple of times, he lost his rear bumper too. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ..the convoy had to halt a couple to times to recover some cars, special :thanks: to our marshals and support team to help the cars recover soon….Ashok too had to get his front bumper ripped off. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ …The marshals really had a tough time…
    At one place where we all were waiting to get Ashwin recovered, Imtishan gave a narrow escape to Aemi’s car…that was indeed a narrow escape :))
    Then as it was getting a bit dark, Khalil led the convoy to the road, where we inflated the tyres and returned back home.
    Mr. Ahmed Parvez, Ricardo and some other guys had planned for an overnight camping and then for the morning advanced drive as planned.
    In all, the drive was good, very tricky and true lesson to know one’s driving skills. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
    :thanks: Mr. Parvez and all other marshals……see u all soon for the next drive….some pics have been uploaded in the gallery…
    Please do have a look and enjoy ๐Ÿ™‚

April 14, 2012 at 3:47 pm #16656

Ahmed Sir….and other marshals….we need your expert comments plssss for Friday’s drive….. :thanks:

April 14, 2012 at 3:54 pm #16657

Very well done Everybody…inspite of my reservations on leading a 18 Car convoy into Lisailli-Al Faqaa all the participants did an admirable job right from assembling at the meeting point on time to Driving to rescue ๐Ÿ™‚
    Ganesh is correct as we had to drive on tracks for a longish time to find some challenging sands…our beloved desert is slowly but inexorably falling a victim to the inevitable forces of development ๐Ÿ™
    This was officially the first drive for Khalil as a lead Marshal and as usual his driving, navigation and communication was impeccable :ymapplause:
    Special mention to the very active role played in rescue and recovery by Krishnan :ymapplause:
    Three of us Ricardo(With Family), Khalil and I had decided to Camp overnight in the Dunes and we had an excellent BBQ and a Bonfire thanks to Mrs. Ricardo.
    WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT? Dubai and adjoining areas have been having a Dry Spell for a longish time, now…and the heavens decided to pour on the very night when we were Camping out!!!
    There was a sudden very sharp and strong thunderstorm starting at 0200Hrs. which lasted till about 0430Hrs. in the morning with gusting winds of perhaps 50 knots with rain!!!
    Our fairweather tents were hardly a match for braving this unexpected development in an exposed area, but Khalil and I were able to grit our teeth and endure the storm in our tents, though my tent’s floor was flooded with rainwater and the tent fabric protested loudly at the wind’s rough behaviour.
    Ricardo and family, however ditched their tents and retired to their Pajero, with Ricardo recovering his tent at the height of the storm.
    The reward, though, for a stormy night was a beautiful colourful sunrise post desert rain!!!
    The morning after Drive was in the Tall Red Liwa-esque Dunes of Sweihan with 4 cars and it was a beautiful experience, as always!!!
    Almost all the participants on both days drove well and I hope everybody enjoyed the drive.

April 14, 2012 at 4:09 pm #16658

:thanks: Ahmed Sir for your appreciation and trust in all the drivers….and indeed you guys should be blessed to enjoy the rains in the midst of the desert…..GOD bless… ๐Ÿ™‚

April 14, 2012 at 5:47 pm #16660

Happy to hear that you people had a wonderful drive… ๐Ÿ™‚

Khalil, We are proud of you man to be in our team. You made the improvement in a short span of time. Really appreciate it… :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Krishnan, What else more to come out from you?… ๐Ÿ˜‰

April 14, 2012 at 5:48 pm #16661

Well done Ahmed Bhai… :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:

April 14, 2012 at 6:03 pm #16663
    quote Ahmed Pervez:

There was a sudden very sharp and strong thunderstorm starting at 0200Hrs. which lasted till about 0430Hrs. in the morning with gusting winds of perhaps 50 knots with rain!!!
    Our fairweather tents were hardly a match for braving this unexpected development in an exposed area, but Khalil and I were able to grit our teeth and endure the storm in our tents, though my tent’s floor was flooded with rainwater and the tent fabric protested loudly at the wind’s rough behaviour.
    Ricardo and family, however ditched their tents and retired to their Pajero, with Ricardo recovering his tent at the height of the storm.
    The reward, though, for a stormy night was a beautiful colourful sunrise post desert rain!!!
    The morning after Drive was in the Tall Red Liwa-esque Dunes of Sweihan with 4 cars and it was a beautiful experience, as always!!!
    Almost all the participants on both days drove well and I hope everybody enjoyed the drive.

Ahmed Bhai, Is it same like that our experience in one of our Liwa trip two years back…?

April 14, 2012 at 6:23 pm #16664

Thank you Ganesh and Ahmed for the great reports … you have said it all … nothing much to add ๐Ÿ™‚ :drive: :thanks:

Both drives were particularly interesting and very different from our usual drives. Each targeted area had to make the drivers work a bit to reach it, and then yet the beauty and the challenge of the area makes you forget that track and distance covered to reach it.

We have indeed seen a lot of untouched zones where we aim to arrange for some explorations drives.

The tricky and small dunes of Lisailly along with the nice and tall dunes of Sweihan of the next day were a chery on a the cake.

Thank you Ahmed for this opportunity, it was simply fantastic, and thanks to all drivers for their participation and dedication.

Cheers

April 14, 2012 at 6:43 pm #16666

Ahmed Bhai and Khali,

Friday drive was well but todays morning drive in Sweidan was exceptionally skill testing and very enjoyable…

Thanks guys for your support and helping me to learn many things today..

April 14, 2012 at 6:59 pm #16667

Ahmed Bhai, Khalil and Ganesh already explained in detail. Nothing to add… :thanks:

Indeed the Friday drive was quite tricky in soft white sands. Even well experienced drivers faced trouble in handling the challenge thrown by Khalil & Ahmed Bhai. Few experienced drivers also ended up the drive with broken bumpers, which indicates the toughness of the track.

Overall it was a great drive and had good fun. Thank you all for the participation. :thanks: Need to say Krishnan was supercharged yesterday in recovery ๐Ÿ˜‰ :ymapplause:

Thanks Khalil & Ahmed Bhai for the wonderful lead. Special appreciation to the marshals in sweep for their hard efforts to keep the convoy moving – Saif, Kashmir Bhai, Sridhar :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

April 15, 2012 at 7:24 am #16675

Challenging drive full of adrenaline for which the BBQ and overnight camping were the perfect relaxation pill. This time however, unexpected rain gave us another adrenaline rush as we saw our tent collapsing in the storm :-). Luckily the seats in my mighty Pajero go 100% flat allowing us to weather the gale in style -what a great car!

While we enjoyed the camping in great company I encourage members to join the overnight events to enjoy the desert at its fullest. It indeed complements the drives perfectly.

It was just an amazing weekend -thanks for keeping me away from the shopping malls ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.