FJ Cruiser mods & warranty

• Author

Hey all.
    Do you know a good garage where to do lift kits, exhaust and intake to FJ Cruiser?

Also.
    Does anyone have experience with Al Futtaim not passing issues under warranty if the car is lifted?

Cheers

July 17, 2016 at 8:18 am #36180

Gallo,

Go see Shibu at Best Line Garage. He will guide you in the right direction and answer all of your questions.
    https://m.facebook.com/Best-Line-Professional-Garage-317473471605957/

July 17, 2016 at 9:25 am #36182
    quote matthewficco:

Gallo,
    Go see Shibu at Best Line Garage. He will guide you in the right direction and answer all of your questions.
    https://m.facebook.com/Best-Line-Professional-Garage-317473471605957/

Correct, most of us here at DO are regulars at Shibu’s Garage.

July 18, 2016 at 5:32 am #36184

Thanks.
    Yes, I remember about Shibu and I will pay a visit (although I wrote few messages and just answered to one… Also it’s on the other side of the town from me!).

But, what is the experience you guys have with the warranty?
    Anyone with mods had issues?

July 18, 2016 at 6:27 am #36186

Galo. If your car is lifted and if anything goes wrong with any of the components related to suspension ie, UCA , bushes etc etc then its highly likely that the dealer will not entertain you under warranty for that particular defect.

BTW I believe that as long as one regularly services his FJ and is able to keep the dust away from engine and transmission nothing should go wrong with the FJ (Just my 0.02 cents.) Its an ultra reliable, powerful and an extremely capable 4×4.

I drive a 2016 fj and I recently got it serviced from Shibu (20k service) and paid 1/5 of what the dealer had quoted me. I have now technically voided my mechanical warranty and Im not a bit concerned as i know its a “”T O Y O T A”” .

July 18, 2016 at 7:56 am #36189

Shibu is good, only issue is he hardly ever answers or replies ๐Ÿ˜€

I did my skidplate there and am very happy with it. Tried to contact him for roof rack fabrication, but he never responded once, and i don’t think i’ll be able to go back and forth from Qusais much …

So if you have time on your hands, by all means ๐Ÿ˜€

July 18, 2016 at 4:43 pm #36190

i have a lift kit, air intake and larger wheels, Toyota continue to look after the warranty with no issues. Miss a service on the other hand and they get all touchy!!!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.