Fj skid plate

• Author

So, after just picking my fj up from toyota from its service – I find out the “standard skid plate” (about the thickness of a baked bean tin can) and the radiator has been bent but luckily has no leaks. ๐Ÿ˜
    I left the procurement of a better skid plat too late but now obviously will have to sort one before any further damage. Any suggestions on best material & thickness?
    I’m aware of Bestline garage – what kind of prices can I be expected to pay there or at another location? :thanks:

May 10, 2015 at 1:52 am #32980

Hi Philip,

Last year I paid 1500 AED at Bestline garage for a 8 mm aluminium skid plate which is protecting quite well the radiators and other parts.

Have a good day

Jean Pierre

Anonymous
    May 10, 2015 at 7:22 am #32981

Hi Philip

u can’t go wrong with best line garage. I got my f150 a fabricated bumper n skid plate from them.

Really satisfied with the job done and it didn’t cost me an arm.

You can meet Shibu there and he will advise you. He is an offroader and knows his job well

let me know if u need any help :ymhug:

May 10, 2015 at 4:21 pm #32982

Got my FJ skid plate from Shibu at Best Line. Very reasonable pricing.

May 10, 2015 at 10:03 pm #32983
    quote zarir:

Got my FJ skid plate from Shibu at Best Line. Very reasonable pricing.

Hey Zarir good to see you active after a long time! Hope to catch u on a drive soon :drive:

May 11, 2015 at 7:33 am #32988

Hi, Phil! I am in the same boat – have been looking to get a proper protection for a while. Icon in Al Quoz (Dubai) quotes 1200 for an 8mm plate. Sounds cheaper than Bestline, but I don’t know how different they look. If you find out, please let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

May 13, 2015 at 8:11 am #33004

i had mine fitted in Rashidiya with a garage and it cost me 900/-

Watsapp me and i could share some pictures.

May 15, 2015 at 9:08 am #33028

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for the responses… :thanks:

Saif i have sent you a message with my whatsapp number to see some pics – I’m interseted how it look and how far it protects under the car.
    Is it 8mm Aluminium?

Tatiana – will keep you posted. ๐Ÿ˜€

I need to get this sorted before my next drive :drive:

May 16, 2015 at 4:18 am #33032

I got mine from Icon for 1300 and couldn’t be happier. 8mm for 1300. They also removed excess trays and things from under the car that were not necessary with the plate fitted so ground clearance was much better than standard bash plate.

May 21, 2015 at 4:29 am #33073

I have an ICON one lying around as took it off after about a weeks use. I had paid 1800 for it and it comes with a support frame, removable cap for the filter and wings for covering the lower suspension parts.

No scratches or dents but I am sure there will be a lot of dust now as its been sitting around for some time. Pls check the link for pictures and details and call me if interested.

http://tnydu.biz/DPgIjThttp://tnydu.biz/DPgIjT

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.