Friday Afternoon Newbee+Fewbee Sweihan Drive 26.04.2013

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Go ahead and register Reddy…. see you on Friday..

Cheers

April 22, 2013 at 6:14 pm #26113

Hi Ganesh!

Hope we can make it…. will let you know soon!

Cheers

Daniel

April 23, 2013 at 6:23 am #26116

Hello Guys,

Wheh… i will miss this :drive:
    We have a scheduled Family outing on the Beach this Friday..
    See you next friday… ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Enjoy and have Fun….

Best regards,
    Ericson

:thanks:

April 24, 2013 at 7:06 am #26117

I am in, thank you Ganesh for posting this drive. :drive:

April 24, 2013 at 5:32 pm #26127

Ganesh :thanks: thanks for organizing this drive – I would love to drive with you all and explore these new territories, but unfortunately there is only one FJ ๐Ÿ™ and it is currently registered with Brian (and me as co-pilot) to go exploring the StarFish dunes with Ahmad!!! ๐Ÿ˜• Too much choice

Have a good one! ๐Ÿ˜€

April 25, 2013 at 3:35 am #26131

:drive:

April 25, 2013 at 5:03 am #26135

Njoy, DO’s, I will be away from sands as http://www.photoworld-dubai.com/ is going on…

April 25, 2013 at 8:15 am #26138

I am In

:thanks: :thanks:

April 25, 2013 at 2:52 pm #26139

I’m in. Never been down that way.
    See you tomorrow.

:thanks:

April 27, 2013 at 3:45 am #26142

Another great turnout as we deflated there in the car park, also with a lot of chatter in expectation of a new adventure over new [play] grounds.

The masses were split into 3 groups to be lead by Ashok, Ganesh and for his very first time as lead Rob [Robinson]. I was paired off in to Rob’s convoy with some very new faces and some familiar ones too, in order of; Desert King a.k.a. Thanseer, DVG a.k.a. David, Munna, Hutong a.k.a. Hongbin, Thond, angelum a.k.a. Max, Colin and Mathews. After a short reading of the Rules of Drive we set off with a light sprinkling of rain, to help keep the dust down.

Rob guided us through some low and sweeping dunes with little trouble. It was interesting to have the chance to drive on wet dunes, something that doesn’t happen too often. The wet sand deceivingly compacted the top layer, which easily gave way to very soft sand below but all in our group seemed to be coming to grips with it well [no pun]. There was an opportunity to see a pop-out repair on Colin’s vehicle and a worthy Safety mention here; Secure your vehicle properly before you get out of the car by putting your vehicle in Park or engine off with manual gears engaged and hand-brake on to avoid any accidents.

Shortly after the pop-out, there was a shout from Max that his car’s dashboard was celebrating Christmas! While we waited for Thanseer and Mathews to try fix this new issue, Hongbin took the opportunity to play in his great looking car and leave his mark in the clean faced dunes all around us. After a little more rain and time, Max was moving again but for the sake of safety, he was taken to the black-top and after Thanseer and Mathews returned, the rest of us set off again. Shortly afterwards we met up with Ashoks convoy at the lake, then, out of the dunes for re-inflation.

I saw loads of smiles and heard much laughter at the drive’s end, which can only mean that it was another successful Just For Fun day out.

Thanks Rob for a great lead plus to Thanseer and Mathews for their great support keeping us all safe. :YMAPPLAUSE:

April 27, 2013 at 7:01 am #26143

Hello DO

Thank you for yet another great day out :drive: , Sweihan was a new playground.

The afternoon was crisp and fresh with a light rain that kept the dust down. The temperature dropping to 25 degrees :yesss: with the wet top layer of sand ensured that the windows were rolled down and the drop in temperature welcomed with open arms :ymhug: .

I was assigned to Ganesh’s convoy and was sitting out back with Paul. The drive started with a flat tyre change just as we were getting into the sands. Resources from the convoy were used to deal with it quickly. The terrain after that was spectacular with large dunes and had it not rained would ensure really soft sand.

Ganesh had briefed us that we will keep side sloping to a minimum due to the wet conditions and the resulting increased average of a roll in the sand :-w .

The drive was easy with a few second attempts from a couple of participants with just one cresting tug. Reducing the tyre pressure by 2 psi on the Jeep ensured that the true potential of the car and driver could be seen ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

We came to a halt with a pop out call from out back and Sundar’s monster jack was put to good use yet again :ymapplause: :ymapplause: . As dusk was upon us it was a fast drive to the oasis and soon to the gas station amongst a lot of ha ha ha’s

Thank you :thanks: Ganesh for a great lead and Amin for keeping the watch out back :thanks: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

April 27, 2013 at 12:22 pm #26146

The weather was as fabulous as the drive !

I arrived at the meeting point at 2:50pm to find most of the DOers already deflated and ready for action.
    For many , this was the first outing to Sweihan and the anticipation was apparent.

Marshal Ganesh split the group into three convoys…
    I was part of convoy 2 comprising of :-

1. Marshal Ashok (lead)
    2. Gabriel (second lead) -FJ Cruiser
    3. Asif – Jeep JK
    4. Dhaval – Pajero
    5. myself – Prado 120
    6. Himanshu – Jeep JK
    7. Baher – Prado 120
    8. Farmvilnes (sweep) – FJ Cruiser

Sweihan with its high dunes and tricky bowls lends itself to side-sloping and Marshal Ashok did not disappoint. The convoy spent most of the time horizontal to avoid those desert ghosts lurking in the tricky bowls . ๐Ÿ˜€
    Having successfully avoided the ghosts in Area53 and Ghost Town with nearly the same convoy last week , we continued our good fortune , proceeding at a swift, steady pace and arrived at the Sweihan oasis at 6pm with :-
    one stuck ,which required only a sturdy shovel and DO muscle to recover (For the record , NO ROPE was used during this recovery exercise ๐Ÿ˜€ ) and
    two pop-outs .(one at each the start and finish of the event) … in my opinion , these pop-outs were as a result of the harder surface caused by the rain.

We were the first convoy to arrive at the oasis and the ‘play time ‘ allowed by Ashok was an excellent opportunity to further exercise our acquired skill sets.

Marshal Robinson’s convoy arrived shortly thereafter and we all proceeded to the inflation point where after more chit chat we bid each other farewell.

:thanks: to the marshals for organising this event and providing support and advice throughout the drive :ymapplause:
    :thanks: to Ashok for carving out a safe path , yet ensuring that we were adequately challenged and satisfied at the close of the day
    :thanks: to Gabriel,Kash,Asif,Dhaval,Himanshu,Baher & Ole for the wonderful company during our breaks ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜€
    :thanks: to the DO family present for making this yet another memorable and successful event :ymhug:

… guess our marshals are already cooking up the next instalment :-ss ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

April 27, 2013 at 3:25 pm #26147

Thanks guys for letting me join you yesterday. It was a very enjoyable drive with a good group of people in convoy 3. I look forward to driving with you again.

Paul

April 27, 2013 at 4:23 pm #26148

I have to say, bashing in rain gives completely different experience. Thanks to Rob, Desert King and matthew for safe guard the convoy. I had nice chat with Rob, David and others in rain and desert. Another good experience with DOs.

April 28, 2013 at 4:47 am #26155

Great Day out. Excellent weather. Awesome drive.

We started the drive with a BANG, actually a BANG. My tyre got busted just when we entered the sand ๐Ÿ™‚ . The fastest we had to recover.

Our convey was Lead by Ganesh
    2nd Me (Jason)
    3rd Avinash
    4th Anand
    5th Sunda
    6th Thomas
    7th Paul
    and Sweep Amin

Was a great drive. Thomas has given an overview of the full drive.

Thanks everyone for all the help. it was the 1st time i removed my spare tyre after i brought the fortuner.

Special thanks to Ganesh and Amin for a great drive.

quote thomasinasu:

Hello DO

Thank you for yet another great day out :drive: , Sweihan was a new playground.

The afternoon was crisp and fresh with a light rain that kept the dust down. The temperature dropping to 25 degrees :yesss: with the wet top layer of sand ensured that the windows were rolled down and the drop in temperature welcomed with open arms :ymhug: .

I was assigned to Ganesh’s convoy and was sitting out back with Paul. The drive started with a flat tyre change just as we were getting into the sands. Resources from the convoy were used to deal with it quickly. The terrain after that was spectacular with large dunes and had it not rained would ensure really soft sand.

Ganesh had briefed us that we will keep side sloping to a minimum due to the wet conditions and the resulting increased average of a roll in the sand :-w .

The drive was easy with a few second attempts from a couple of participants with just one cresting tug. Reducing the tyre pressure by 2 psi on the Jeep ensured that the true potential of the car and driver could be seen ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

We came to a halt with a pop out call from out back and Sundar’s monster jack was put to good use yet again :ymapplause: :ymapplause: . As dusk was upon us it was a fast drive to the oasis and soon to the gas station amongst a lot of ha ha ha’s

Thank you :thanks: Ganesh for a great lead and Amin for keeping the watch out back :thanks: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.