Friday Eid special PM lake drive + BBQ

• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Ady.
  • Author

Day and date: Friday 25 SEP, 2015
    Drive Type: multiple level (depending on marshal/member registrations)
    Meeting Point: Murqquab (west) mosque at E66 dubai al ain road
    Google maps users (just copy and paste in Google maps): 24.820606, 55.576144
    GPS users: 24°49’14.2″N 55°34’34.1″E

MAP LINK

Meeting Time: 2:30 pm
    Drive Start: ASAP
    Drive End: 7:30 – sundown
    Duration: ~ at least 3:00 hrs
    Drive Route: murqquab – al qudra lake
    Drive Terrain: technical dunes, soft white sand, lakeside

PLEASE BE THERE ON TIME AND START DEFLATING UPON ARRIVAL!
    For those who wish to stay for the BBQ pls bring your own equipment, food and beverage.

make sure to read your radio manual and get familiar with how to set it up!
    heres the link where u can find DO frequencies used: RADIO FREQUENCIES

Checklist:
    a) Keep your emergency contact info at vehicle dashboard.
    b) Carry air compressor with you and ensure it’s in working condition.
    c) Ensure your 4×4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    d) Compatible Radio is a must.
    e) Carry all necessary off-road gear / recovery equipment in good working condition.
    f) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

Hope to see you all there for some Friday fun 🙂

Joe Zeinoun

September 25, 2015 at 5:33 am #33845

hi
    i would like to confirm that i will be joining your trip for the lake today
    fj cruiser 2015
    myself my husband and 5 year old Daughter

thanks

September 25, 2015 at 6:21 am #33846

Eid Mubarak to all !!! Gud to see now more people joining. It will be great fun.

September 25, 2015 at 7:01 am #33847
    quote Madi Hapau:

hi
    i would like to confirm that i will be joining your trip for the lake today
    fj cruiser 2015
    myself my husband and 5 year old Daughter

thanks

You and your family are welcome

September 25, 2015 at 7:03 am #33848
    quote Ankit:

Eid Mubarak to all !!! Gud to see now more people joining. It will be great fun.

Eid mubarak 2 you too

I’m sure today drive will be intrested

Anonymous
    September 25, 2015 at 5:41 pm #33849

We had a nice drive today. Being part of the newbie convoy with the great lead of Joe and sweep of Bahar, we were driving almost 40 km on sand :))
    The sand was white and suprisingly hard with some really soft patches so the drive was tricky sometimes and quite easy otherwise. With a couple of stucks and second attempts (but luckily no pop-outs) and a sudden sundown we reached the Al Qudra lakes about 7pm only.
    As there were no lights except of other car’s headlights we have not seen much from the lakes but we felt the immense size just rounding it to reach the BBQ area were the fewbies+ had already a great evening.

Nontheless I would not change the experience of my first ‘night’ drive, it was a great fun indeed. I look forward to the next drive and and hope the weather will be better (cooler) by any passing days.

See you guys next time:

Gabor
    (beige JEEP Wrangler)
    055 5799185

September 25, 2015 at 7:17 pm #33850

Nice trip report Gabor

September 25, 2015 at 8:31 pm #33851

The Duncan lead convoy, with Abdullah sweeping enjoyed every possible crest along the way at a leisurely pace, with only one stuck, & a fast winch :drive: recovery.

Often the soft sand resulted in second attempts or some slipping, but all in all we learnt yet again from another Duncan special. We left no dune unscathed and arrived at camp site in time for sunset and a brief walk and photo opportunity by the welcoming Qudra lakes.

It was a relaxing laid back evening afterwards, with lots of chit chats, music, drinks, and good food. The few of us who stayed enjoyed the beautiful and cool night breeze and by around 10:30 pm we called it a day.

Thanks Duncan, Abdullah, Joe, and Baher for this Eid break event. I am sure everyone enjoyed the trip, especially the unscheduled yet welcomed night drive treat that Joe and Baher designed and executed 😉 .

September 26, 2015 at 5:33 pm #33852

I think Gabor summed up the drive pretty well ! Picked up some good tips along the route from Zoe, Baher, Anwar and others..I think u guys are exceptionally patient ! Looking forward to the next drive soon..!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.