Friday, July 1st ALL LEVELS DRIVE

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    quote adi.rajguru:

OK thanks, I’ll try and get a fishing rod, or will try DM.

In case of the fishing rod: how do you attach it to the car, however?

Adi

I used ropes (available at any grocery shop for 5-10 dirhams) and attached it to rear wiper blade and rear lock. ๐Ÿ˜€

June 30, 2016 at 7:50 am #36108

A very easy way is to get everything from Dragon Mart :

– A single suction cup in a hardware store (the double cups are not as convenient to fix the flag)
    – A flag pole that are sold in the kid’s shops (where they sell small ATV’s and cars for kids)

It will cost you 15 AED for the cup and 10 AED for the flag. I have posted the stores numbers some time back on the forum.
    You should be able to find the post using the search tool.

To fix the flag to the pole is extremely easy. The flag come with a steel plate at the bottom. The plate is thin enough to be squeezed between the handle and the cup. No tool, no tape, no rope or anything required. ๐Ÿ™‚

I have been using it for a year. It does the job. ๐Ÿ˜€

June 30, 2016 at 8:59 am #36109
    quote Akawel:

Got the walkie-talkie last week too. ๐Ÿ˜€

Just a quick feedback to thank you all for the great information. It makes it much easier to get the right devices.

I got the Motorola GP338+ from the shop at Dragon Mart (BAI-05). Price was 250 EAD with all frequencies installed.
    The guy is obviously used to see DO members. ๐Ÿ™‚

I also got the pole and flag the same day. Shop EBE-06 for 10 AED. There are suction cups available in the opposite shop for 15 AED.

Now ready to join the next newcomers trip. Looking forward to it. :drive:

June 30, 2016 at 9:31 am #36110

Thanks Denis for finding the post. :thanks:

See you tomorrow for the drive.

June 30, 2016 at 9:53 am #36111

Guys, this is really helpful, thanks!
    Adi

June 30, 2016 at 7:22 pm #36112

Welcome back @Sajeeth after a break of 8 months :ymhug: . All the best for the drive. I will be joining as a Passanger if home ministry permits ๐Ÿ˜€ .

June 30, 2016 at 9:01 pm #36113

Apologies team, something came up last minute. Had to cancel the trip. Hopefully next time!

July 1, 2016 at 10:09 am #36114

Dont worry Shaun! There is always a next time !

July 1, 2016 at 10:10 am #36115

Leaving home now ! See you guys !

July 1, 2016 at 5:50 pm #36116

thanks @chughtai sb. advance drive was too gud!!

July 2, 2016 at 6:56 pm #36121

This was a really great drive, thank you @ joe.zeinoun !
    for those in the group wanting to re-live it , I hope this will bring back good memories : https://youtu.be/-6KU_pNkfXk

Driving with Dubai Offroaders is great and gives us the opportunity to discover the beauty of the UAE. …BUT on that subject, we were also very sad to see that in some places people leave their empty bottles and garbage (bumpers and other car parts ) as trash in the desert.

I would like to call on our marshals to organise a “Club event” maybe on a Saturday to clean up the desert.
    I understand that this will be a “drop in the desert” but this may show a strong message that we care about the desert, and if we make this is an event, maybe other clubs might also pick up the idea, and move things in the right direction.

What do you think?

July 3, 2016 at 11:22 am #36122

thanks for sharing this @sebastien ๐Ÿ™‚
    i really had a great time driving with u all guys!! very impressive skills :-BD seems like we have some new rising talents in the club :ymhug:
    hope to see u guys soon…..

July 3, 2016 at 11:57 am #36123

It was a great drive. Thanks @ joe.zeinoun for leading the convoy and letting me sweep :drive: .

I had a birds eye view from the back looking over the whole convoy ๐Ÿ™‚

We started with a decent pace and gradually picked up speed with increased level. It was quiet a hot day and sand was soft.

@NomanK
    you did well despite taking a long break from the desert. As you already realized, it was just about 2 psi what made the difference and you stared flying on the dunes rather than digging in.

@Frankyno
    remember to have just enough speed when you are on the side of the dune coming from a higher dune to a lower one. If the speed is more then you will just land and sit on the lower side and start digging in. Also remember once you are stuck sideways, always point your wheels downwards either you reverse or move forwards so that nose of your vehicle goes down. Apart from that you did great.

Everyone drove quiet well despite we have newbie members. Basically we were driving at intermediate level at the end of the drive :))

Looking forward for the next one!

July 3, 2016 at 10:03 pm #36124

Hi Guys,
    I really enjoyed my first drive with the club. The pace was great and Joe’s lead gave us all some challenges and thrills. All in all – fantastic!!
    Thanks everyone. A great bunch of folks!
    Cheers
    Stuart

July 4, 2016 at 12:03 am #36125

Thanks @joe.zeinoun and @paskalr1 for this drive.

@Sebastien
    thats a good and thanks for the video

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.