Friday Morning Drive 9th May – Fewbee+ to Intermediate

• Author

Day and date: Friday 9th May 2014
    Drive Type: Fewbee + to Intermediate
    Meeting Point: To be advised to selected participants
    Meeting Time: 07.30am
    Drive Start: 07.45am sharp
    Drive Route &Terrain: Side Sloping, Ridge Riding, Cresting, Big Dunes, Technical Dunes
    Duration: 4 hours

A drive from Schwaib to Badayer Shops. The drive will start in tight technical dunes where cresting is a must and then progress towards the big and soft dunes in area 53. We will touch point with Super Bowl and Iftar Bowl then if time permits, progress our route to the final destination of Badayer Shops.

Selected participants will be sent the meeting coordinates. Please do not be upset if you do not receive the coordinates, as this will be for your own safety and drive progression.

Checklist:-

a) Keep your emergency contact info at vehicle dashboard.
    b) Carry air compressor with you and ensure it’s in working condition.
    c) Ensure your 4 x 4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    d) Compatible Radio is a must.
    e) Carry all necessary off-road gears / recovery equipment in good condition.
    f) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

Please read the following and register for the drive:-

Equipment that one needs to carry for off-roading
    Rules of the trip
    Dubai Offroaders – Disclaimer

May 6, 2014 at 8:54 am #30046

I’ve always wanted to do this route with you but somehow it’s jinxed :ymsigh: .

My ride’s gone in to sort out a job which wasn’t done properly and the way my insurance firm works, I am sceptical if I will have it ready by the weekend.

May 6, 2014 at 9:23 am #30047
    quote Saj:

I’ve always wanted to do this route with you but somehow it’s jinxed :ymsigh: .

My ride’s gone in to sort out a job which wasn’t done properly and the way my insurance firm works, I am sceptical if I will have it ready by the weekend.

Fingers crossed it will be ready in time…

May 6, 2014 at 3:35 pm #30049

Hello Duncan;

I would like to join you on this trip if possible, but could not find the “register for trip” prompt, just the “thank the author” one!
    Any chance?

May 7, 2014 at 4:00 am #30053
    quote Elie:

Hello Duncan;

I would like to join you on this trip if possible, but could not find the “register for trip” prompt, just the “thank the author” one!
    Any chance?

Hi Elie, don’t worry, the fewbie drive option was recently added to the site and the button was not changed. It should now be corrected but as long as you see your name then you are registered.

May 7, 2014 at 5:30 am #30054

My apologies for that and

The site had refreshed itself and that took out some of the modifications. I am investigating as why that happened. It’s fixed now.

May 7, 2014 at 10:41 am #30056

Ill be missing out on this one :(( :ymsigh: And next week also since i have exams going on :ymsigh: :ymsigh: :ymsigh: :-w
    Once they are done ill be in the sand everyday to try out some new goodies on my car :drive:

May 8, 2014 at 3:58 am #30059
    quote yohanbaria:

Ill be missing out on this one :(( :ymsigh: And next week also since i have exams going on :ymsigh: :ymsigh: :ymsigh: :-w
    Once they are done ill be in the sand everyday to try out some new goodies on my car :drive:

Best of luck Yohan and see you when your back :ymparty:

May 8, 2014 at 11:29 am #30069

Coordinates are now sent out so please check your emails.

May 8, 2014 at 1:30 pm #30071

joining as well. nice and early

May 9, 2014 at 12:04 am #30073
    quote DuncanField:

quote yohanbaria:

Best of luck Yohan and see you when your back :ymparty:

:thanks: Have a safe and fun drive :drive: 😀

May 9, 2014 at 1:52 pm #30083

Thanks Duncan, Zakariyya, Dennis, and everyone for the very nice trip / route this morning, and most importantly for the very much welcomed surprise towards the end of the drive. Until next time, I wish you guys more fun for the remainder of the weekend.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.