Friday Morning Express Drive on 31.01.2014

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Are you ready for a superfast nonstop drive???

Day and date : Friday 31st January 2014
    Drive Type : Strictly for Intermediate Level and above
    Meeting Point : To Be advised by sms to confirmed participants. (GPS will be required to reach the meeting point)
    Meeting Time : 08:00 am (Bear in Mind this will be 45min to 60 min drive to reach meeting point from Dubai)
    Drive Start: 8.15 am
    Drive Route: Only Dunes
    Drive Terrain: Do not expect tracks for breather
    Duration: 4 hours minimum

Checklist:-
    a) Keep your emergency contact info at vehicle dashboard.
    b) Carry compressor with you and ensure its in working condition.
    c) Ensure your 4 x 4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    d) Compatible Radio is a must.
    e) Carry all necessary offroad gears / recovery equipment in good condition.
    f) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

Please read the following and register for the drive:-
    Equipments that one needs to carry for offroading
    Rules Of The Trip
    Dubai Offroaders – Disclaimer

January 27, 2014 at 9:03 am #28804

6 registration in 1 days time..Shaping up to be a good convoy…

January 27, 2014 at 10:37 am #28806

Sounds like an awesome drive, but I’ll pass for this Friday. Back the next, though :drive:

January 27, 2014 at 10:41 am #28808

Looking good so far ๐Ÿ™‚ It will be nice to drive with Firoz after a long time. Now to catch up with Brian as well one of these days.

January 27, 2014 at 7:24 pm #28815
    quote Saj:

Looking good so far ๐Ÿ™‚ It will be nice to drive with Firoz after a long time. Now to catch up with Brian as well one of these days.

Hi Saj, well I’ll be in Karama tomoro evening I’ll drop in for “T’ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

January 28, 2014 at 6:16 am #28816
    quote brianj:

quote Saj:

Tea won’t cut it my friend. Dinner is more like it ๐Ÿ™‚ I am serious.

It will be my pleasure to have Nikki and you over for dinner :yesss:

January 28, 2014 at 11:25 am #28820
    quote Saj:

quote brianj:

quote Saj:

Tea won’t cut it my friend. Dinner is more like it ๐Ÿ™‚ I am serious.

It will be my pleasure to have Nikki and you over for dinner :yesss:

Hah :thanks: for the invite bro, we shall keep in touch ๐Ÿ˜€

January 28, 2014 at 3:51 pm #28822

it will be full day drive or just morning?

January 29, 2014 at 5:29 am #28823
    quote FJ 22114:

it will be full day drive or just morning?

Zakariya,

It should be morning only..

January 29, 2014 at 6:56 am #28824
    quote Saj:

Yes, It’s been a long time we :drive: together; look forward meeting you on friday.

January 29, 2014 at 11:33 am #28831

Gents,

I will send the meeting point coordinates tomorrow afternoon and it will be about 60mins from Dubai.

January 30, 2014 at 8:48 am #28843

Guys,

Meeting point coordinates for tomorrow morning drive sent to all participants registered via private message.

It will be about 60mins drive from Dubai. Pls plan accordingly.

Pls call me if you have any doubts.

rgds,

January 31, 2014 at 6:30 pm #28850

Drive report pls

February 2, 2014 at 6:12 am #28879

It was a very hectic Thursday with a client meeting that went on and on and I had to work late in the evening as well. However, getting the PM from Humayun and looking at the meeting point coordinates in the maps, was just the adrenaline needed to kickstart the weekend.

It was an uncharted territory for me and a nice addition to my Basemap collection :D. I will refrain from disclosing the terrain we ventured into but if you want to spot gazelles and have an endless side sloping adventure followed by tackling some of the most technical and soft dunes ever, this was it. We were lucky enough to see two gazelles racing with our convoy on the flats and intersecting us and going to the other side. Nature at it’s best! \M/ \M/

This track deserves a full day of exploration with an experienced convoy. One of the stucks was quite difficult and luckily we had a winchman in the convoy to bail us out.

I shall call this drive “The Gazelle Run” and hopefully the marshals will use this name to post a future drive in this territory to tip of the unlucky ones!

Thank you Humayun for posting this drive and thank you Saif for your recovery consultancy. :thanks:

February 2, 2014 at 7:25 am #28882
    quote Saj:

It was a very hectic Thursday with a client meeting that went on and on and I had to work late in the evening as well. However, getting the PM from Humayun and looking at the meeting point coordinates in the maps, was just the adrenaline needed to kickstart the weekend.

It was an uncharted territory for me and a nice addition to my Basemap collection :D. I will refrain from disclosing the terrain we ventured into but if you want to spot gazelles and have an endless side sloping adventure followed by tackling some of the most technical and soft dunes ever, this was it. We were lucky enough to see two gazelles racing with our convoy on the flats and intersecting us and going to the other side. Nature at it’s best! \M/ \M/

This track deserves a full day of exploration with an experienced convoy. One of the stucks was quite difficult and luckily we had a winchman in the convoy to bail us out.

I shall call this drive “The Gazelle Run” and hopefully the marshals will use this name to post a future drive in this territory to tip of the unlucky ones!

Thank you Humayun for posting this drive and thank you Saif for your recovery consultancy. :thanks:

Thanks for the report Saj. It was pleasure for me to lead the drive in such a terrain where I presume not all the offroaders visit often except for a few like us. Thanks to all the guys who joined for the drive and Saif for keeping the rolling/quick recovery consultancy services.

We will plan a full day drive :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive: in this area somewhere in 3 or 4th week of February..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.