Friday Morning Intermediate Drive

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Friday Morning Intermediate Drive :drive:

Day and date : Friday, 21st September 2012
    Meeting Time : 8.00am
    Meeting Point : Meeting point will be sent to selected participants to ensure drive’s pace and safety of members
    Area: Ghost Town
    Drive Start: 8.15am
    Drive Finish: 12.00pm
    Note:- All members of morning drive convoy to join the afternoon training drive at 2pm.

Checklist:-
    a) Ensure your 4 x 4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    b) Compatible Radio.
    c) Carry all necessary offroad gears, in good condition.
    d) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

List of Equipments equipments that one needs to carry for offroading
    Rules of the trip:- Rules of the trip.
    Dubai Offroaders Disclaimer:- Dubai Offroaders – Disclaimer

September 18, 2012 at 4:03 pm #19022

Reached max. registration limit – topic locked!

September 20, 2012 at 8:07 am #19037

Topic unlocked! Please make a note of the update regarding the meeting point.

September 21, 2012 at 5:40 pm #19045

Another memorable drive :-BD :-BD :-BD
    Thank you guys for the great company and wonderful drive at an extremely tough terrain in wet sands 😮 Yesterday’s heavy down pour had made the drive really challenging and tricky. Therefore indeed it was a great drive from you all to reach Ghost Town as per plan and could also reach Tawi Nazwa in time for the training drive.
    Kudos to you all Ashok,Amjed,Jayesh,Rob & Tyn :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
    Thanks to Saif for the awesome sweep support and guidance :thanks:
    Sattu…… you rocked again !!! \M/ \M/ \M/ and it was my pleasure to have Kashmirji riding shotgun with me 🙂

Tawi to Ghost Village
    Date:Sep 21, 2012 8:09 am
    Distance:50.5 kilometers
    Elapsed Time:1:58:39
    Avg Speed: 25.5 km/h
    Max Speed: 86.6 km/h
    Min Altitude:146 m
    Max Altitude:237 m
    Start Location:
    Latitude:24º 59′ 25″ N
    Longitude:55º 39′ 56″ E
    Finish Location:
    Latitude:24º 54′ 46″ N
    Longitude:55º 46′ 40″ E
    View Map: http://goo.gl/maps/PqAgz

September 21, 2012 at 6:19 pm #19046
    quote GKumar:

Another memorable drive :-BD :-BD :-BD
    Thank you guys for the great company and wonderful drive at an extremely tough terrain in wet sands 😮 Yesterday’s heavy down pour had made the drive really challenging and tricky. Therefore indeed it was a great drive from you all to reach Ghost Town as per plan and could also reach Tawi Nazwa in time for the training drive.
    Kudos to you all Ashok,Amjed,Jayesh,Rob & Tyn :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
    Thanks to Saif for the awesome sweep support and guidance :thanks:
    Sattu…… you rocked again !!! \M/ \M/ \M/ and it was my pleasure to have Kashmirji riding shotgun with me 🙂

Tawi to Ghost Village
    Date:Sep 21, 2012 8:09 am
    Distance:50.5 kilometers
    Elapsed Time:1:58:39
    Avg Speed: 25.5 km/h
    Max Speed: 86.6 km/h
    Min Altitude:146 m
    Max Altitude:237 m
    Start Location:
    Latitude:24º 59′ 25″ N
    Longitude:55º 39′ 56″ E
    Finish Location:
    Latitude:24º 54′ 46″ N
    Longitude:55º 46′ 40″ E
    View Map: http://goo.gl/maps/PqAgz

Intermediate drive Friday 21 september

Convoy:

Satwinder & Kashmir Singh – Jeep Wrangler
    G.Kumar- Nissan Patrol
    Tyn – Jeep Wrangler
    Amjed – Jeep Wrangler
    Ashok – Nissan Patrol
    Jayesh – Monster F150
    Robinson – Nissan Patrol
    Saif – FJ

Meeting time 7.30 am Emirates Petrol station Lahbab, as scheduled everyone gathered at the meeting point and left for deflation point after Tawi Nazwa and Saif joined at deflation point, after briefing by Satwinder Lead and convoy arranged , we started towards Pyramids-iftarbowl-superbowl-ghost town and exited at Madam.

Excellent lead by Satwinder, very fast pace, the sand was wet and very soft , satwinder as know to be “Catch me if you can” once again led one of the challenging & tricky tracks, did some of the best side cresting, side sloping ,big dune up & down catching up with the pace of the lead marshal, but as I said its very hard to get hold of Satwinder, had some small hiccups but sorted in no time, Jayesh’s monster was roaring all the way , all Patrol were like cutting a piece of cake and as usual jeepers at the top .

However it was one of the best drives I was waiting for to drive with Satwinder , accompanied by Kashmir singh who gave us a glimpse of his drive taste too.

Thanks to Kumar for arranging this memorable drive and all the driver did the best to cope up with Satwinder and I hope it was upto the expectations of the marshals as it was a very selective drive.

Thanks to Satwinder,Kumar, Kashmir Singh,Robinson, Ashok, Tyn & Saif a wonderful combination to the drive and did learn a lot during today’s drive 😮 how to fix a popout!

Thanks to all once again and specially to DO for having us such ppl around us .
    :thanks: :drive:
    Regards

Amjed

September 21, 2012 at 6:40 pm #19047

To All superiors,

I would like to request you all if you don’t want any member to join any drive (that you think he/she is not capable of) then pls mention it in 1st instance. Please do not wait till the last moment.

Rgds,
    Duke

September 21, 2012 at 8:09 pm #19048
    quote Duke:

To All superiors,

I would like to request you all if you don’t want any member to join any drive (that you think he/she is not capable of) then pls mention it in 1st instance. Please do not wait till the last moment.

Rgds,
    Duke

Dear Duke,

In consultation with the drive lead, it was decided to reduce the number of heavy cars and convoy size considering the difficulty of the planned route. It was a practical decision, purely for the sake of the drive and for the safety of the participants. We regret if it had created any kind of inconvenience to anybody. We expect and hope the members shall understand in its true spirit, the genuine reason behind such decisions.

However, the drive post was modified well in advance, informing that the meeting point will be sent only to the selected participants among the registered members. Therefore the drive registration remains unconfirmed till receiving the meeting point. Still, we have communicated the decision and also explained the above reason to all unselected registered members.

This season DO have already planned for a bunch of specific drives, which will definitely cater to the taste of different skill levels. We are very sure that each and every member will get ample drive options of their interest. Please do not get upset on such decisions, which are always for the benefits of members. Instead, keep looking for the upcoming drive options and drive safe.

September 21, 2012 at 9:13 pm #19049

Dear Kumar,

I do not wish to debate on this topic on DO forum… And thanks to you and lead for considering our well being.

Rgds,
    Duke

September 22, 2012 at 7:33 am #19051
    quote Duke:

Dear Kumar,

I do not wish to debate on this topic on DO forum… And thanks to you and lead for considering our well being.

Rgds,
    Duke

Thank you Duke for your kind understanding.
    After all we are offroaders and all kinds of unexpected hazzles, hiccups & hurdles are always part of this game.
    Look forward for many more great drives with you mate… :-BD :-BD :-BD

September 22, 2012 at 7:45 am #19052
    quote Duke:

Dear Kumar,

Rgds,
    Duke

I agree with you vicky…some of our lead Marshals are very considerate 😉 .

And you are right ….this forum is not the right place to debate.

And kumarji…you should be made as the “spokesperson” of the DO family…well explained in a very polite manner. :thanks:

Look forward driving under your lead soon 🙂

September 22, 2012 at 8:11 am #19053
    quote j3r3miah:

quote GKumar:

Nice.. i was hoping someone was saving the route. It was super long. 8AM – 1PM.

We should do a lunch/BBQ in ghost town next time.

or a camping/movie night … with ghostsssss … :ymsmug: :ymcowboy:

September 22, 2012 at 10:30 am #19055

camping wt ghosts should be fine..

September 22, 2012 at 10:33 am #19056

Best trip by far (that includes the funny ones with all the weird colours and sounds)
    A great route, great tempo, great company!
    …I might come back for more:-)

September 22, 2012 at 10:34 am #19057

FUNNY SOUND =(( !!

quote Tyn:

Best trip by far (that includes the funny ones with all the weird colours and sounds)
    A great route, great tempo, great company!
    …I might come back for more:-)
    September 22, 2012 at 10:48 am #19058

It was a very nice drive and amazing to see a “different” face of the desert.
    What about moving DO headquarters do Ghost Town or Village?
    Thanks to all!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.