Friday, the 11th of October ‘2013 Afternoon Drive.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Me and Fida bhai are in for this drive :drive:

October 10, 2013 at 4:48 pm #27584

Hi guys!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

We will try as much as possible to be there as well ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

If I can escape on time from my work… we’ll be there!! Insjallah!!

So hope to see you all!! :-B

October 10, 2013 at 5:30 pm #27585

Guys,

Change in meeting point location. I have sent SMS to all the registered personnel. Do give me a call should you have not recd it.

October 10, 2013 at 5:34 pm #27586

Hi Humayun ๐Ÿ™‚

I received but if you don’t don’t mind send me please coordinates as well :ymhug: ๐Ÿ˜ฎ :thanks: ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thank you!! :thanks: :thanks: ๐Ÿ™‚

October 11, 2013 at 4:43 pm #27590

Hello guys!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

We’re already back home from the trip of the day.

I think everybody enjoyed a lot from the fast pace trip with excelent guiding from Humayun with finish on top of the Iftar bowl by sunset :yesss:

Hanne and I enjoyed a lot meeting you all!!! Good experienced drivers and nice people ๐Ÿ˜‰

The trip itself was for us beautifull and very funny ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks to all for the nice afternoon :thanks: :thanks:

(hope the little A/C issue from our FJ friend gets fast fixed ๐Ÿ˜€ )

October 11, 2013 at 6:25 pm #27592

thanks everyone for a nice drive and good company. It was a bit of a rough start with pop-out and then a difficult recovery and another pop-out, but that is to be expected given the nature of drive and relatively difficult terrain. After that the drive continued smoothly until we reached the top of iftar bowl after which we headed towards badayer shops.It was a great track by humayun with no shortage of fast side sloping and cresting. looking forward to the next one.

October 12, 2013 at 8:50 am #27596

There was no appetizer.
    All sand beasts attacked on main course. After five minutes, we were having first victim.Popout was fixed in record time of 5.5 minutes and convoy restarted.
    Soon there was second attack of desert ghost. She was hiding herself in bowl somewhere at the top of dune.Victum was a high profile bug. We recovered the car and I believe, we all learned a lot from this recovery. For me it was a real fun.
    At later stage some good changes with corrective action was taken by the Marshall. It was fast and technical drive where we did side sloping, side cresting and almost everything.
    Well done Humayon.
    On the whole it was very good learning experience and I believe that everybody enjoyed.
    Congratulation to Human for this successful drive as we all came out of the desert safely.

October 12, 2013 at 6:37 pm #27615
    quote Aemi:

There was no appetizer.
    All sand beasts attacked on main course. After five minutes, we were having first victim.Popout was fixed in record time of 5.5 minutes and convoy restarted.
    Soon there was second attack of desert ghost. She was hiding herself in bowl somewhere at the top of dune.Victum was a high profile bug. We recovered the car and I believe, we all learned a lot from this recovery. For me it was a real fun.
    At later stage some good changes with corrective action was taken by the Marshall. It was fast and technical drive where we did side sloping, side cresting and almost everything.
    Well done Humayon.
    On the whole it was very good learning experience and I believe that everybody enjoyed.
    Congratulation to Human for this successful drive as we all came out of the desert safely.

High profile Bug referred by AEMI in his report is none other than me (KHSHareef). Strucks are inevitable given the nature of the drive and track intended but then how we take it further safely and exit to tarmac is the team work which plays the role. I am happy that there was a wonderful team and it was fun to drive with you guys.

I spoke to Matthews and he said will be fixing his AC problem shortly. Thanks to all DRivers and special thanks to Levi Angelo, AEMI and Fida who supported inn recoveries and kept the convoy rolling at the intended pace.

Look forward to drive with you guys in future again.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.