Full Day Drive on 04th October 2013

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Topic moved to Newbie Trips for Drive Reports..

October 4, 2013 at 8:24 pm #27496

Topic Unlocked

October 5, 2013 at 5:26 am #27498

will join you guys :drive: in the sand soon ๐Ÿ˜€

October 5, 2013 at 11:46 am #27503

Here’s a brief about the first half of the Full Day drive…at Al Liasily to Al Faqa…Apparenltly I had to opt out from the second half due to a headache ..lack of sleep on thursday night..

We all met at the Factory at Al Lisaily Beside the cycle track on time..

After the deflation from there the Drive started at 8:40 a 1.8KM thru the Grey track to hit the most wanted white tricky dunes of Lisaily..the Dunes that made me pull out all the techiniques so far I learned in offroading…
    momentum…Tourque…Ridges…slopes..bowls..reflex…patience…I would say you name it..all of them…

Humayoon..Bro you rocked man..the drive was exactly inline with the thirsty/hungry sandbugs chasing you over the dunes….as intermittenly..you were taking opinion from the drivers to decide the style and level of the drive …and sharing the tips with the drivers on those lovely slopes…I would say it was perfectly a Humayoon style drive..as the odo meter even hit close to 75KM at some points and an elevation of close to 200 mtr..

Yes we had couple of minor hickups..but thats all there in the game as we know..with one or two small stucks and a popout and one or two reattempts…I would say we didnt even realise we stopped because of a stuck…it felt as its a chit chat time after your adrenaline was at its full… and to get ready for the next..also for clicking few pics..

We were out from the first part of sand around 11:20..Marshal did an opinion poll thru the radio whether to take the dunes to reach Al Faqa or the Tarmac…as most of us had to reach the prayers on time..we opted tarmac and drove thru tarmac.. to Al AFaqa Adnoc…
    I left after some time..back to Dubai to get some rest and to join the evening drive to Al Faya…

Guys It was a wonderfull drive..I enjoyed it..everyone drove exceptionally well..a big applause…

Gentlemen..would like to hear about the seond session..of Sweihan…Trust you guys had a wonderfull drive…. and ehmmm I missed it ๐Ÿ™

October 5, 2013 at 5:59 pm #27510

First part I don’t need to repeat. It was challenging but very enjoyable. Relative small convoy enabled fast path through very soft White sands. The part I like most is that you are no longer able to play trick of momentum because tarrain does nit allow you keep a high speed. It requires more skills of controlling your vehicle. That’s perfect for my defender as it does have an issue of picking up the speed. Sweihan in the afternoon was not as smooth as that in the morning. The marshal had to reiterate a few times of basic rules of drinvng in a convoy. We had a number of rescues and at one point three of four cars stuck in very soft sand. We also conducted a rescue mission of an non-DO driver who was stuck in the sand. The most exciting part was the last leg before we drive out of sand. The marshal led us to a huge bowl and we all played joyfully there and everyone was smiling. I could not make up to the top even though making a few trials. My defender just simply does not support that. It was a long way for me to get back home after a full day drive, but I was happy.

Thanks, Humanyoon, firoztv and Duncan for leading and supporting us. Great to see old friends again in desert.

October 6, 2013 at 5:07 am #27515

Some pics from the afternoon drive:

https://plus.google.com/photos/110558398978954222142/albums/5930964518961544513?authkey=CNbb6u_upP7mjAE

October 6, 2013 at 5:27 am #27517

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: Great work and Nice Shoots

October 6, 2013 at 5:59 am #27519

NICE!!!!
    Looks like you guys had loads of fun!!!
    ๐Ÿ™‚

October 6, 2013 at 6:18 am #27520

Nice shots Ole, almost an FJC meet :thanks:

October 6, 2013 at 6:36 am #27521

Great pictures! Ole. Thanks.

October 7, 2013 at 11:17 am #27538
    quote brianj:

Nice shots Ole, almost an FJC meet :thanks:

Hi Brian, you could say that again. Thanks to Humayun, Firoz, Duncan, Trond, Ole, Zakariyah, Bahr and Huton.

It was a great day in the sun. Th marshal started with a nice and easy intermediate drive with a lot of technical driving to challenge all the drivers. Particularly interesting was one area where three Toyota cars were stuck on flat land. It was a good day for me with DO members again thanks to Humayun for having me in the convoy.

Look forward to joining more often. ZAKARIYAH thanks for pulling me out. Hope you get the winch sorted. We certainly will require it again. Ole thanks for your help. Trond, unfortunate incident with cars on top of the dune. Let me know what you decide. All options are with you. S

October 7, 2013 at 5:07 pm #27550

Thanks for the pictures of my car Ole. (Or what is left of it ๐Ÿ™‚ )

Altaf I will keep you updated. Please remember to keep distance. :drive:

October 7, 2013 at 5:44 pm #27551

Video from Sweihan :drive: :drive:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScXgNUG977M&feature=youtu.be[/media]

October 8, 2013 at 6:42 am #27554
    quote famvilnes:

Nice :drive: Vid Ole, moody choice of music :thanks: Looks like you guys had fun ๐Ÿ˜€

October 8, 2013 at 6:53 pm #27564
    quote famvilnes:

Beautiful!!! Specially the music!!!

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.