Garage Recommendation

• Author

Hi DOs

First of all, Thanks for the great drive yesterday and looking forward to my next one

It was my first ride with the new Trailblazer and just wanted to take it for a drive to see what mods I need before I spend money on unnecessary mods.

I found out that my front and back clearance aren’t good and also probably I need skid plates – Any recommendations of what part of the body shall I protect?

Any recommendations of where to get custom made skid plates? And also what’s your thoughts about suspension spacers (one inch) pros and cons?

I will have a lift kit in the near future but for now might just add spacers for extra height till I decide what lift kit I will buy

I appreciate your support

Thanks

Talal

Attachments:

Anonymous
    July 7, 2019 at 8:54 am #42892

Mr.Talal,

Great you have idea to take ur vehicle to offroad !! by the way you have not mentioned which year model trailblazer you have !!

and moreover in general trailblazer have less ground cleareance so a lift is a must in this vehicle for offroad !

And for custom skid plate is definitely a right choice for this vehicle (Radical Ras al Khor (0569797399)) can help you out on that !

better go for a aftermarket good suspension system available in the market instead of going for a spacer. ( better to have 2 inch lift for this vehicle so the CG wont be disturbed much still u can enjoy offroading ( again chk your engine coolant additives before you take offroad….cos engine over heating can kill the engine !!)

well all the best for your offroading adventures in advance !!

cheers

July 7, 2019 at 8:57 am #42893

Titan Performance, tried and tested!

July 7, 2019 at 11:19 am #42894

Thanks everyone

@Hari – It’s 2019 LTZ Z71 Aka as holden trail Blazer in other countries

@Asim, Thanks, I will check Titan performance as well

I have been in touch with Radical regarding the skid plate (8 mm) and been looking around and doing some research regarding the lift kit and found couple options such as TJM and also Ironman

I have been reading reviews about both and seems that the TJM XGS 4000 series fits my vehicle well and provide the needed 2 to 2.5 inches of height +100Kg of extra weight which is all I need

If anyone tried the TJM XGS, can you please share your thoughts regarding on-road and off-road performance?

Thanks

Anonymous
    July 8, 2019 at 6:56 am #42896

@Hari – It’s 2019 LTZ Z71 Aka as holden trail Blazer in other countries – NICE to hear !!

Nice Mr.Talal, well TJM XGS 4000 SERIES IS A GOOD CHOICE (BASICALLY THE DESIGN IS FROM AUSTRALIA!!) Performance wise its good to go for with 2to 2.5INCH lift is decent one for your car!!

Paralley you can check other AUSTRALIA design suspension upgrades like IRONMAN(Daw auto) /OPPOSITE LOCK (with vladco)/ RANCHO (with ramy )/TOUGH DOG ETC

please chk what are available products & then chk your cars compatible brands then go for it (2 to 2.5 inch lift wont be much different in price with the suspension systems !!)

Thanks

July 8, 2019 at 7:05 am #42897

Thanks for the info Hari

I am on a mission now, been already checking few different options and will be able to get it sorted soon hopefully

It’s more likely I am gonna end up with the TJM because it’s fully compatible with my car and no need for any mods

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.