Getting the Pajero ready

• Author

Hello to all,

I have been on a couple of drives so far and I guess I am looking forward to continuing. I guess that will have to take care of my pajero and trim some of the extra bits and bobs before they all start falling apart by themselves….

Could anyone please give me recommendations in what mods need to be done. I imagine I should start by:

1. Trimming front bumper and placing a skid plate.
    2. Trimming back bumper (this one already gave up anyway…)
    3. Getting a flag (hard to find one these days!!!!) and a bracket that will suit a pajero.

Anyone out there with experience I would really appreciate if you could share. Have asked around at a couple of places (mentioned in this forum) but starting price for these three things was in excess of 8k AED which seemed a bit on the high side…

Thanks in advance!

December 13, 2014 at 6:52 pm #31582
    quote h_rladeveze:

Hello to all,

I have been on a couple of drives so far and I guess I am looking forward to continuing. I guess that will have to take care of my pajero and trim some of the extra bits and bobs before they all start falling apart by themselves….

Could anyone please give me recommendations in what mods need to be done. I imagine I should start by:

3. Getting a flag (hard to find one these days!!!!) and a bracket that will suit a pajero.

Anyone out there with experience I would really appreciate if you could share. Have asked around at a couple of places (mentioned in this forum) but starting price for these three things was in excess of 8k AED which seemed a bit on the high side…

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,
    I had some mods done on the LWB pajero previously. Most important things were the front bumper trim, and back bumper skid plate (no need for trim). Shibu at best line garage will recommend what you need! 0558843438
    he can also fix a switch to turn off the traction control fully(which I didn’t have done). These jobs shouldn’t cost you anything near what you have been mentioned. I recommend give him a call and head to see him…. He knows what we need (and knows the pajero problems) ๐Ÿ˜‰
    A bracket for the pajero will be hard to find but he can also make a bracket holder to fix the flag behind the spare tyre, you can then fix the flag that you find (icon, army, adventure hq etc etc)
    Other option is to be creative and to head to speedex and buy a glass panel carrier (sucker) and fix the flag pole to that – which is what I did. ๐Ÿ˜€

December 13, 2014 at 7:31 pm #31584

Thanks Pbencini! Will give Shibu a buzz this week!

December 13, 2014 at 7:46 pm #31585
    quote h_rladeveze:

Hello to all,

Thanks in advance!

i would recommend you go for a suspension upgrade before u start trimming!
    its worth it if u really want to continue using the paj for offroading regularly.

the shocks will be firmer and the springs taller, and the extra gained clearance
    will keep the front and back ends of the vehicle well away from any obstacle you will encounter!
    you will also become less prone to bellying out with the additional lift.

i have fitted OLD MAN EMU shocks and springs from ARB and have been abusing them regularly
    for the past 5 years with no complaints what so ever.

as for the skid plates and under carriage armor, i highly recommend them as well but im not sure you will find anything for the pajero in the UAE market.
    if you think you really need them i can have them designed and manufactured for you at a very reasonable price
    just like ive done on my paj.

the flag you could sort out at Rami 4X4, i remember they had the clamp type of base that would directly fit to your roof rails without any drilling and a detachable flag pole to go with it.

ill be more than happy to discuss further details with you next drive we meet…
    cheers

December 13, 2014 at 8:04 pm #31586

I would not recommend upgrading you’re suspension yet.

First get used to you’re car, its handling and as time passes and if you still have a liking for offroading in the pajero then you can consider suspension upgrades; you’re car is a brand new (2014) and with suspension changes MAY void warranty/service packages.

For now i would recommend what philip advised. Shibbu will help you out with everything!

Get what is a necessity for now, cutting off from bumpers, getting a skid plate for the back and flag pole holder etc.

Hope to see you on more drives! Enjoy.

December 13, 2014 at 9:40 pm #31587

you can check with the dealer and see whether a suspension upgrade (springs + shocks) will void your warranty.

if it doesnt then i still recommend a suspension upgrade!
    after all the upgraded springs and shocks are designed for a purpose; better handling, safer driving and durability in harsh conditions such as the desert.
    the pajero suspension is very soft, designed for comfort and soft offroading mostly.

its a one time fee you pay and thats it!
    IMHO theres no need to go wasting your time and money with silly tweaks
    that are not gonna be of any use to you sooner or later.
    a used pajero bumper from the breakers is well over AED1000, and you are going to be trimming off a perfectly good one… your car just lost some of its resale value! and still every time your car takes a nose dive, the springs will compress all the way and youre still going to be digging up sand with whatever is left of that bumper and skid plate.

you need to decide first though,
    are you going to be keeping this car for regular offroad use?
    are you going to be offroading regularly?
    and what sort of obstacles do you wish to overcome?

until you are sure of the answers you could still drive at newbie level with caution. once you make the decision to move forward then you could go and invest in a decent suspension kit that Mr.Shibbu can install and which will last you for many years to come.

hope i was of any help..
    cheers

December 13, 2014 at 10:43 pm #31588
    quote h_rladeveze:

Hello to all,

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I have done this these things in my car front bumper trimming, 10mm skid plate, back bumper protector and a flag mount in a small garage in rashhidiya. It did not cost me more than 1800aed.

Also for pajero, if you put in 4 wheel ur centre diff will lock and cut of the traction. So you don’t require additional switch. You can drive as it is. Also pls do not be in a hurry to put suspension and waste ur money. Just learn the art of driving and know how to handle ur toy. Pajero is a good car and can go all places if u know how to handle.

If you need any ref. On modifications, pls call any of the Marshalls and we will guide you.

December 14, 2014 at 6:03 am #31589

@Hector,

Listen to everyone but do what you must ๐Ÿ™‚

Advices given below comes from experienced offroaders and pretty much sums up what is recommended for your car and where to get the mods done :yesss:

It is also important to note that these guys have done what Suits their requirements and yours may or may not be the same…

Hence, please ponder over the points mentioned in earlier posts…take your time and chose whats best for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

December 14, 2014 at 7:17 am #31590
    quote razik:

@Hector,

Listen to everyone but do what you must ๐Ÿ™‚

Advices given below comes from experienced offroaders and pretty much sums up what is recommended for your car and where to get the mods done :yesss:

It is also important to note that these guys have done what Suits their requirements and yours may or may not be the same…

Hence, please ponder over the points mentioned in earlier posts…take your time and chose whats best for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

Nice one Razik :-BD . As they say, 90% is the driver, 10% is the car.

December 14, 2014 at 11:15 am #31592

Thanks to all for your quick replies (some of them at 2h30 am!!!!). Have already got in contact with Best Line and look forward to getting the car ready for this weekend!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.