Going for UMRAH in Own Car

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author

I am planning to go for UMRAH in my own car (From Dubai. Car is Also registered in Dubai and NO bank is involved), need the advise regarding procedures/fee involve and difficulties.

I will appreciate you help.

(I can arrange the Umrah Visa through some agent. until this stage I know the process, as I have been to Makkah for UMRAH earlier, but on Bus)

March 9, 2011 at 3:28 pm #13815

Hello Ali,

Please go to Automobile Touring Club (Near Century Mall) and get the Tourism Certificate (Dhs. 380 non refundable and Dhs. 500 deposit once you return and submit back the certificate Dhs. 500 will refund). Then you can proceed the trip and @ the border Ghweifat you need to take the insurance Dhs. 100 for 2 weeks.

If you need any further info. pls call me

March 12, 2011 at 6:32 am #13826

The agents who normally organize the Umrah trips are the best source of information, typically if you take their assistance to get the visa the rest of the information will come free.
    The points raised by Khalid are correct.
    The best way, in my opinion is to leave Dubai in the early morning immediately after Fajr and aim to cover half the distance within the daylight hours to reach Riyadh by Maghrib.
    You should then spend the night in Riyadh & rest to cover the balance on the second day.
    A GPS with the latest updated maps is an absolute essential for any travels where local knowledge is required.
    Congratulations & best of Luck.

March 13, 2011 at 8:32 am #13832

Thanks Ahmed Bhai for Wishes and Khalid for some very valuable information.

I have the GPS Device with latest map. I have three Phones with Gps with latest maps as standby as well.

Thinking of changing the tyres, through I feel still they are good to go for another 10K kms.

March 13, 2011 at 11:38 am #13840

Ali Bhai congratulations, Apko umrah bohat bohat mubarak ho. Drive safe n all the best.

March 13, 2011 at 12:11 pm #13843
    quote humsafar:

Thanks Ahmed Bhai for Wishes and Khalid for some very valuable information.

I have the GPS Device with latest map. I have three Phones with Gps with latest maps as standby as well.

Thinking of changing the tyres, through I feel still they are good to go for another 10K kms.

Bhaiy’ya mere…
    A PHONE IS NOT A NAVIGATION DEVICE!!!
    Anything that does not have GARMIN written on it cannot be depended upon in a tight corner!!!
    So please carry a proper GPS even if it is one of the lower end Nuvis.

March 13, 2011 at 6:07 pm #13847

Ahmed bhai. I have a proper offroad gps with garmin written on it 😀
    Other than that the gps in mobile is also garmin. So garmin every where.

March 13, 2011 at 6:29 pm #13848

That’s good…alone one can take any risks but one has to be very careful when one is travelling with the family.
    Best of Luck.

April 6, 2011 at 3:44 pm #13919

I am back from Umrah and prayed for all of you.

Special Thanks to Khalid bhai for his Guidance and to all best wishers.

April 6, 2011 at 5:58 pm #13920

Mubarak Ho & welcome back!!!
    May Allah Answer all our prayers.

May 21, 2011 at 4:47 am #14093

I am also planning for Umrah in Mid of July with my family, by own car through above email i understand that we have to take the GPS, and get certificate from touring club , but i want to know the road conditions and between road any type of assistance available let suppose some problem will occur in car
    or some type of any problem so I think our phone or infact saudi sim also not working can any one guide me specialy those who use to go to umrah by car.

May 30, 2011 at 9:25 am #14124

Hanif Sahab.
    the Roads are Okay, The Route from Batah Border to Kharj is a Bit rough, but can be traveled easily, nothing to worry, there are 2-3 pumps in this route I think the last one which come after 300Kms has Mechanical Shops. There is a traffic going on. and you will see many cars with UAE plates. Some one can be of assistance in case of emergency.

Alternative Route is Via Hufof. which as a Double Highway, though it is some 200kms longer, of Excellent Standard, has Petrol Stations at Regular Intervals. and many of these station Do have repair Shops.

KSA SIM has coverage on whole route.

You can ask, what else you want to know, I will gladly reply in best possible manner as I can.

February 14, 2012 at 4:13 pm #15672

Hello every one, Mr Ali. i saw your post for umrah and realized that you went on your car.

can you tell me details of expenses and the process to get things done, i am planning to go by my car from dubai.

Thanks

February 15, 2012 at 6:25 am #15675

Dear Aakif,

The total Expense were around AED 4,000 including all expenses. for 10 days Trip for a Family of 2 Adults and One infant.

If you require any other information please feel free to ask, I would Glad to assist in whatever way I can. May Allah Call You to his home.

February 15, 2012 at 7:45 pm #15686

thanks for reply ali bhai,

can you tell me some contact to get visa and details of the visits to places there.. makkah, madina and ziyaraat..

i am planning the same on my own car ( 2 adults+ 1 infant), most probably end of march.

do you think if i have 2 – 3 drivers in the car, can i make it one go with short stops or is it a must to stop at riyadh and then move on?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.