Going for UMRAH in Own Car

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author

1. You can get the Visa from and Haj /Umrah Operator / Agent, IF you licve in Sharjah, then there are Many Shops around King Faisal Mosque in Al Qasimiya

If you are in Dubai, then you can find shop in Qusais or Naif road behind Al Futtaim Moasjid

2. There are many spots. In Makkah, You can Mainly Visit to. Ghar -e- Hira, Jebel Al Thoor, Mina, MAzdalfa, Arafat, Masjib Nimra, Masjid Jin, Janatul Muaalla etc.

IN Madina, You can visit, Jebel Auhad, Masjid, Quba, Masjid Qiblataih, 7 Masjids where Ghazwa Khadaq took place, Haidri Date Factory Shops to get best quality Dates etc…

3. To Dirve straight to Makkah is possible if you have Two Drivers, But Keep in mind Ladies are not allowed to Drive in Saudia.

In My opinion its better to stay in Riyadh, if you have any family members than that is god, otherwise you can cross Riyadh and some 20-30 kms after that you will find SAPTCO Pumps and Rest Rooms. these are Cheap with all facilities, you can stay there overnight. and then If you start from there 8 in morning you will easily reach Taif by 4:30, here you can wear Ehraam and from there Makkah is another 45-60 minutes journey,

To help planning you, I can tell you that you can go straight to Border without any stop, then from Border to Riyadh with out any stop and then from Riyadh to Taif without any stop (I am not counting refueling as stop overs)

February 17, 2012 at 4:35 am #15704

Thanks alot for the detailed information..

yes i know ladies not allowed to drive,i am planning to have another family with me and two men can drive.

and the plan is to leave on 21st afternoon from dubai, reach riyadh by night, stay there and then leave for makkah.. then stay in makkah for 4 days, then move to madina spend 2 days there and then come back straight to dubai..

planning to buy garmin GPS device, though i have phones whose GPS works without any internet.

February 17, 2012 at 8:20 am #15708

Best of Luck

February 19, 2012 at 5:31 am #15743

sorry to bother again
    i heard, if i am taking my car then i have to take a paper from RTA? is that true?
    also.. what if the car is on bank?

February 19, 2012 at 7:02 am #15747

The Car has to be on your name Only, if it is mortgaged to a Bank than you can not Take it to Saudia.

February 19, 2012 at 7:10 am #15748

i have my car on my name 🙂 i heard from someone that RTA has to issue a paper for me in order to take the car to saudia

February 20, 2012 at 8:24 am #15766

Yes, you need a temporary Export Letter, but this is From Automobile Touring Club of UAE and not from RTA.

The Cost is 300 Dhs with 500 Dhs Security Deposit.

February 20, 2012 at 8:43 am #15767

hmn.. this letter is required for uae border? or saudia?
    who checks it?

where is the office for automobile touring club?

March 19, 2012 at 8:46 am #16195

Dear Aakif,

Automobile Touring clucb is near Century Mall Dubai, near Dubai Bowling club.

you can call me any time for any other assistance you may require.

Kamran
    050-4621174

March 19, 2012 at 8:55 am #16196

Thank you kamran bhai,

i have got the letter on saturday, i am travelling inshallah on 21st, let me know if you have any tips you want to give me. Thanks.

March 20, 2012 at 6:10 am #16200

Best of Luck Aakif and pray for me and my family also

March 31, 2012 at 8:24 pm #16488

Alhumdulillah, i came back today , the trip was great, thank you all for your help and guidance.

April 1, 2012 at 7:12 am #16497

Umreh ki saa’dat mubarak.
    Ashhado Anna La Ilaha IllAllah wa Ashhado La Sharik a La wa Ashhado Anna Muhammad Abdoho wa Rasul’hu.

June 5, 2012 at 9:22 am #17284

Salam

I am planning to go Umrah by Car, From previous post its very clear the initial procedures.. can u pls explain the procedure @ Border (I m big zero in Arabic) Mr Ali — how was your Experience. I suppose to go with my family any difficulties …?
    My email ID [email protected] pls send me a detailed procedures that may help me a lot
    Jazakkumullah hair
    Anwar

May 19, 2013 at 9:43 am #26670

Aoa,

Thanks for all the valuable info posted. I know this post has got a bit old but no harm in trying. I still have some queries wrt to car travel .

1 . My car is financed via SCB & my car registration car says “Owner: MyName” & “Morgage by : Standard Chart’d Bank”. Now in this case, will I be allowed to go on my car for Umrah ?

2. Is there any restriction wrt stop overs when going via road for Umrah. Do I need to specify that which relative places I will be stopping over during my visit.

Will appreciate your feedback.

:thanks:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.