Going for UMRAH in Own Car

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author

Salam,
    as far as i know, if you have a car on bankmortgage, you cannot take it across Saudia Border. you need to confirm with tourism authorities for the same and also your bank, if they have a way out.
    as per my knowledge, you cannot.

regarding stopovers, there is no restriction, you can stop anywhere you want to. i stayed in riyadh for a night, all they need is your visa and passport copy.
    you can stop anywhere. i heard from some people to not to go to too much off route, like start tourism around.

plus, as currently there were issues with visa checkings in KSA, so its much better to keep your documents with you always so whenever needed you can prove your stay and identity.

Hope you will go soon, have a safe trip.

let me know for any information you may need.

Regards,
    Aakif Hassan

May 19, 2013 at 11:59 am #26672

Dear Aakif,

Appreciate your quick reply. This tourism authority is the same place near to century mall ? Can you give me the exact office name & any contact num if possible.

Sorry for bothering you again.

Rgds,
    Adeel Afzal.

May 19, 2013 at 12:02 pm #26673

Dear Adeel,
    Yes thats the exact office, the name is Ministry of Tourism, if you are coming from mamzar beach towards Baghdad street, then taking first right will take you to that office. or you can keep al mulla on your left and take right from the signal. after that on your right side you can see a brown color midsize building with like 2 3 floors, thats the place.

sorry , i do not have number.

no worries for bothering, let me know for anything more you need.

Regards,
    Aakif

May 20, 2013 at 6:13 am #26675

I went again in March in my Car. I wnet to, Jeddah, Dammam, Khobar, as well, No body even bother to stopped.

Actually in both of my Trips I was not stopped even once, and never saw any other UAE number plate Car being stopped by Police any where.

November 10, 2013 at 9:28 am #27910

Dear All

This topic is very important and very useful for the newbie. I am also planning for UMRAH in next month, with my family and two brothers (4adults + 2 kids). I have Honda civic 2010 with good condition and have following Question, will be very thankful if you answer all or any of them.

1. Can we go for umrah with (4 adults + 2 kids age under 5) by using this car.
    2. Is there any restriction over sponsors or visa type. Because my brother have other company visa.
    3. Is there any Tourism ministry in Abu Dhabi or i need to go to dubai.
    4. What is the maximum speed on the road? And if i want to reach in MAKKAH, without making any stop then how many hours i have to drive continuously?
    5. Is it necessary to get NOC from company.
    6. If there is any agent in your contact, It will also very helpful for me.

And the person who recently did Umrah after the hajj , His comments will be highly appreciable.

Regards,
    Haq Nawaz

November 10, 2013 at 9:44 am #27911
    quote Haq Nawaz:

Dear All

This topic is very important and very useful for the newbie. I am also planning for UMRAH in next month, with my family and two brothers (4adults + 2 kids). I have Honda civic 2010 with good condition and have following Question, will be very thankful if you answer all or any of them.

1. Can we go for umrah with (4 adults + 2 kids age under 5) by using this car.
    2. Is there any restriction over sponsors or visa type. Because my brother have other company visa.
    3. Is there any Tourism ministry in Abu Dhabi or i need to go to dubai.
    4. What is the maximum speed on the road? And if i want to reach in MAKKAH, without making any stop then how many hours i have to drive continuously?

And the person who recently did Umrah after the hajj , His comments will be highly appreciable.

Regards,
    Haq Nawaz

Haq,

Pls find below answers

1. Can we go for umrah with (4 adults + 2 kids age under 5) by using this car. – No Problem provided car should be in your name without any mortgage.
    2. Is there any restriction over sponsors or visa type. Because my brother have other company visa. – All Employees need to get |NOC from the company and this is mandatory documents for KSA visa. For spouse, you need to give declaration
    3. Is there any Tourism ministry in Abu Dhabi or i need to go to dubai. – Yes. there is tourism ministry in Abu Dhabi also. If you require more details, you may contact our Marshall Firoz in 055 882 0618 who is residing in Abu Dhabi and insha allah he is also trying for visa for travelling next month.
    4. What is the maximum speed on the road? And if i want to reach in MAKKAH, without making any stop then how many hours i have to drive continuously? As far i know it take between 18 to 24hours if you drive continuously at an average speed of 130kmph but not advisable.

I am also planning for Umrah next month and will let you know more details once the visa is stamped.

November 12, 2013 at 3:24 pm #27925

Assalam Alaikum everybody.

My contribution to this subject (my favorite).

I have been doing this run for the last 14 years with Family. Umra opens this year in first week of December.

Following is the Dua when you undertake a journey.

دعاء السفر : الله اكبر, الله اكبر, الله اكبر, سبحان الذي سخر لنا هذا وما كنا له مقرنين , وانا الى ربنا لمنقلبون , اللهم انا نسالك في سفرنا هذا البر والتقوى , ومن العمل ما ترضى, اللهم هون علينا سفرنا هذا , واطوا عنا بعده ,اللهم انت الصاحب في السفر , والخليفه في الاهل ,اللهم اني اعوذ بك من وعثاء السفر , وكآبة المنظر ,وسوء المنقلب في المال والاهل

1- You have to apply for Umra Visa from a Haj and Umra Agent – I use Makkah Travels in Sharjah 065617059 Haji Ghulam.

Documents needed: Original Passport, 2 photos white background, UAE ID, NOC from Sponsor and Vaccination Card.

2- Vehicle – If you are registered In Abu Dhabi and Dubai – you will need a Carnet Du Passage (tripticket) from the Automobile and Touring Club. In Dubai its as follows – EMSF Dubai Building – From Almulla Plaza towards Century Mall, first signal, turn right, it will be on your left. its a traditional looking sand brown building – access from the side.

Documents needed: Original Registration card (Mulkia), Driving License, UAE ID, Passport Copy, NOC from Bank (if vehicle is mortgaged). Fees (Payable in Cash): 500 deposit (refunded after your return via cheque AFTER you hand over the carnet), 300 for the Carnet (no one ever looks for it), 80 for the Tourism Certificate.

3- Route: Dubai – Shahamah – Mafraq – Tarif – Sila – Ghuweifat 460 kms. Fillup from home, again at ADNOC after 230 kms (Good point for taking a ten minute break for the children). next fillup will be in Saudi.

4- Enter UAE Border, Handover Mulkiya, Drivers License and Tourism Certificate for the Customs Paper (check you have all your papers including the slip from Customs). Move on and park to the right. Take all your passports, the customs slip, and 35 Dirhams each as exit fees and enter the Immigrations Building to get the passports stamped.

HERE, IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO TAKE ONE OF THE KIDS WITH YOU SO THAT YOU DONT JOIN THE TRUCK DRIVERS LINE. FAMILIES ALWAYS HAVE A SEPERATE LINE.

EASY PART ENDED

UAE Border is Ghuweifat _ Saudi Border is Batha

FRUSTRATING PART BEGINS

5- Enter Saudi Border – park and enter the Huge Building on your right MEN ONLY, take all the passports and go for Fingerprint and photo. After you finish, give the femlae passports to them and theres a small door on the left side of the huge awning (تطبيق النساء) for the women to finger printed and passports stamped as (verified).

6- Move on to the Checking bay – then Insurance at 70 Dirhams a week, 100 for a fortnight and 150 for a month.

7- Three pumps on your right, SASCO (recommended for fuel and Night Rest- food is crappy), next Alsahab (recommended for food and Night Rest – Fuel is most probably contaminated from the ancient tanks), NEW pump (PREFERRED FOR FUEL). Here, you can exchange money too but it will be AED=SAR.

NOW, you have two choices to Riyadh:

1- Distance 520 Kms Batha-Haradh-Alkharj-Riyadh – Single lane straight road with moving sand dunes and a rough stretch NOT RECOMMENDED AT NIGHT AT ALL. Refuel at Pump on your right after 200 kms.

Route: After the second Pump, theres an exit on your left. Straight road – Follow signs.

2- Distance 610 Kms Batha-Salwa-Hofuf-Riyadh – Double lane road. Refuel in Hofuf. Then, once you join the highway to Riyadh

Route: straight from border toward Salwa R/A (Qatar Border here). Left from R/A – follow signs to Hofuf then to Riyadh.

3- Makkah Al Mukarramah Via Taif is 810Kms approximately from Riyadh.
    4- Madinah Al Munawwarah is about the same distance. Look for signs – if lost, stop any Police Patrol and ask for directions – Don’t follow other people’s cars. on this route, from Riyadh to Medinah – the petrol pumps are not always on the highway itself.

Golden Rule – never go more than half empty. Carry some fuel with you, even if a gallon only.

May Allah Accept our worships.

1- Fajr is to prayed on time, Two Rakahs.
    2- Dhuhr and Asr are two Rakahs each – with Niyah of Qasr (Shortening).
    3- Maghrib is Three Rakahs and Isha is Two Rakah and Witr.

Depending on your Madhab (Hanafi, Shafai, Maliki, Hanbali), you can either pray Dhuhr / Asr together at either one’s time and Maghrib / Isha together at either one’s time or seperately (you can time it with fuel stops).

TIME AND SPEED:

Calculate one hour for every 100 kms, including breaks and prayer stops.

Average speed of 130 kms – Dubai to border , border clearance, prayer stops, one six hour night stop, wearing Ihraam in Taif and reaching Makkah will take 24 hours. Non stop driving is HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED – I personally have seen a lot of fresh fatal accidents on that road.

General Tips:

1- Many fuel pumps dont accept UAE currency on the way, carry at least a few hundred Saudi Riyals.
    2- Food is cheap and portions are large – dont but like you do here, it may go to waste.
    3- Saudi SIM Cards are now given against Personal ID and are not very easy to procure.
    4- Don’t leave valuables in your car.
    5- Don’t park in no parking zones – the car will be literally dragged away with a lot of damage to front part.
    6- Carry Painrelievers and some Imodium (for loose motions) and some Adol for the children in a cool bags.
    7- After a long stretch of highway driving, dont switch off the car immediately, let it run for at least fifteen minutes with the hood open.
    8- Don’t let the car running unattended.

And I have a Saudi SIM Card, a small car cooler 10 lts, a four liter Plastic Jerrican if you need it.

You may call me anytime between 10 in the morning till 12 at night – no worries – and I will be very happy to help with any info I have to offer.

Hamid

November 14, 2013 at 4:47 am #27931

Asslamu Alaikkum,
    Very use full and details :thanks: JazakAllah Khair,

November 14, 2013 at 5:28 am #27932

Thanks Hamid That was a lot of very valuable information.
    Jazzak Allah Khair.

November 17, 2013 at 7:35 am #27946

Assalamu Alaikkum Hamid bhai,

Very useful informations and tips to take care off.

In Shah ALLAH, i am planning to go for UMRAH in January or February.

Thank you very much for your inputs.

Shabeer Saidu Mohammed

December 4, 2013 at 5:23 pm #28089

Thank you very much for your reply Humayun Shareef, If you got your visa, It will be good if you share current requirement with me, because next week I will also apply for the same.

and very informative experience shared by Mr Hamid.

If anyone also explain difficulties of parking in Makkah and Madina, or any suggestion to overcome , it will be highly appreciated.
    Also I need agent contact number.

Regards,
    Haq Nawaz

December 5, 2013 at 5:35 am #28091
    quote Haq Nawaz:

Thank you very much for your reply Humayun Shareef, If you got your visa, It will be good if you share current requirement with me, because next week I will also apply for the same.

If anyone also explain difficulties of parking in Makkah and Madina, or any suggestion to overcome , it will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Haq Nawaz

Nawaz,

Insha Allah i will be submitting my documents today or tomorrow for visa. Documents remains same as explained by Hamid Bhai in earlier messages like Passport, 2 Photos, NOC from Sponsor, emirates ID

December 9, 2013 at 8:27 am #28116
    quote Haq Nawaz:

Regards,
    Haq Nawaz

Brother Haq Nawaz, you can contact Makkah Haj and Umra on 065617059, they are situated in Rolla, Sharjah.
    I have been dealing with them for many years and have found them reliable.

In Madinah Al Munawwarah, try to look for Furnished Apartments on the Qibla side, it is within walking distance of Masjid Nabawi. and almost all hotels have dedicated parking.
    In Makkah, May Allah Help you !! Dont park in alley ways, rims will be gone in munites. Park in Haji Parking lots on the outskirt of Makkah, in Nuwairiyah (if you are going from Madinah) or in the parkings of Masjid Ayesha.

In both cases, DO NOT Park adjacent to Haram, the vehicle will be carelessly towed away.

All Brothers, please pray for the whole Ummah !! trying times for everybody !!

December 16, 2013 at 11:48 am #28186

Thank you very much for the reply

Some one told me you can’t go with your family and brother in the same car. Because you sponsor your family (wife, kids) not your brother. Acutally my brother have a visa from other company. Now the question is that, any one have a experience to go with family and someone else (friend) in the same car.

addition to this someone told me, that you got the UMRAH visa but there will be problem at border.

Your prompt response will be highly appreciated.

December 30, 2013 at 12:19 pm #28461

Dear All

Today I saw in Arab News paper that Expat pilgrims turned away at border post

Published — Monday 30 December 2013

More
    Expatriates from neighboring Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries entering into the Kingdom to perform the Umrah pilgrimage in private vehicles are being turned away by Saudi security officials at border posts.
    Many Asian and Arab expatriates working in the UAE, Kuwait and Qatar come to the Kingdom to visit religious sites by car since it is more cost-efficient.
    A group of expatriate pilgrims in Dubai obtained Umrah visas from the Saudi Consulate in the UAE, but were turned away by Saudi authorities at the border near Hofuf on Thursday night.
    Mohammed Rashad Ali, an Indian expatriate living in Dubai, told Arab News on Friday: “We obtained Umrah visas from the Saudi Consulate here, but were not allowed to enter Saudi territory to proceed to Makkah in our own car.”
    Ali said that he and his friends and relatives had to return to Dubai while still in “ihram” (attire worn for performing pilgrimage) and booked a Jeddah-bound flight instead.
    He said that if they had known of the change in rules, they would have planned accordingly. The tour operator whom they contacted for clarification said that he was “unaware of any such restriction.”
    Haj Ministry spokesperson Ali Al-Ghamdi told Arab News that the ministry had not imposed any conditions on the mode of transport to be used by pilgrims coming from GCC countries. “We have no idea if any other ministry or agency has created any such rule,” he added.
    The Passport Directorate in the Eastern Province, which shares borders with member GCC countries, however, confirmed that there were some restrictions on expatriate pilgrims arriving by road from GCC countries.
    Col. Muala Al-Otaibi, a spokesperson for the Passport Directorate in the Eastern Province, told local media that expatriate pilgrims are not allowed to enter the Kingdom in private vehicles and that the new measures stipulate that modes of transportation be approved by Umrah companies.
    There were earlier reports stating that a group of “Bidoun” (Arabic for stateless persons) pilgrims from Kuwait were stopped at the Raqi checkpoint on the Saudi border and were turned away for the same reason.

I had planed for the next week, but after reading this news, i am in confusion , should i go to or no, Any one has complete information , then please share with us…

Regards,
    Haq Nawaz

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.