Halloween Drive – Beginner’s, Experienced & Intermediate level Afternoon Sand Drive, on Friday the 30th of October ‘2020

• Author

DO Halloween Drive is here!

Costumes – Highly encouraged (if you don’t have a costume or don’t want to wear one, you are still very welcome). :grinning:

Taking lots of pictures – Highly encouraged (please maintain social distancing at all times and please wear your masks at all times when out of your car).

This is a family event and the route will be beginner and family friendly (for those who are in the beginner convoys).

Meeting time: 1400
    Drive starts: 1430
    Drive terrain: Sand dunes
    Drive will end at sundown

Convoy allocations and Radio frequencies will be shared by Whatsapp on Friday morning, just prior to the drive.
    Please be punctual to avoid making many others wait for you, as well as to maximize our time on the sand.

IMPORTANT: If you are bringing smaller children, please ensure they are secured in an age-appropriate car seat, or bolster seat.

COVID-19 PREVENTION MEASURES
    A. At the meeting point, please park the vehicles at least 5 meters apart and observe standard social distancing practices.
    B. Face mask and gloves to be worn at all times.
    C. No shaking hands, hugging or any other physical contact.
    C. Max 3 persons per vehicle, or 5 if from the same family staying in the same house.
    D. Drive briefing can be viewed on this page and communications on the day will be carried out by radio, so please ensure your radio carries the correct channel announced on your convoy’s WhatsApp group so you can line up correctly once at the meeting point, deflate your tires are deflated and mount your flag.
    E. Drivers AND passengers should remain in their vehicles, after deflating their tires and NOT meet or socialize with other participants.
    F. There is to be no sharing of any food or drinks.
    G. No sharing of any equipment, tow ropes, shackles, radios or any other accessory.
    H. In the event of a recovery, please radio your position in the convoy and vehicle – a marshal will advise you on how to self-recover or will assist.

Checklist:
    a) Fully functional 4×4 vehicle with full tank of fuel.
    b) Air compressor in working condition.
    c) Recovery rope / strap.
    d) Compatible radio pre-programmed to DO frequencies.
    e) Refreshments for you and your passengers (if you have them).
    f) Offroad flag attached to vehicle.

Etiquette:
    1) Registering and not coming along may stop others from joining and is easily avoidable – so please be courteous and withdraw if you can’t make it.
    2) Be punctual.
    3) Any participants not registered on the forum site will not be allowed to join the drive.
    4) Passengers in Registered participant’s vehicles are not counted as participants and are fre to join.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and prepare properly – see you on the sand!

October 26, 2020 at 10:44 am #44356

Hi DO,

I am new member and this is my first offroad drive. Looking forward join you guys.
    I do have Flag, compressor and Radio with me. is it Ok to come for my first drive without the recovery rope/strap?
    Thanks
    Mahmood (driving Prado 2015 4.0)

October 26, 2020 at 10:50 am #44357
    quote khatibmahmood post_id=50696 time=1603709052 user_id=26644:

Hi DO,

I am new member and this is my first offroad drive. Looking forward join you guys.
    I do have Flag, compressor and Radio with me. is it Ok to come for my first drive without the recovery rope/strap?
    Thanks

Yes Mahmood, you have the equipment required for your first drive. We’ll see you on Friday

Anonymous
    October 26, 2020 at 12:11 pm #44358
    quote khatibmahmood post_id=50696 time=1603709052 user_id=26644:

Hi DO,

Thanks

If you can, get a pressure gauge as well. Best if we can to avoid sharing tools during COVID.

If you don’t have one, you can get one from Amazon. Link here: https://www.amazon.ae/Promate-Roadgear-Digital-Pressure-Gauge/dp/B01IVOTMAU

You can also find one in ACE hardware store or Homesmith store

October 29, 2020 at 5:02 pm #44361
    quote Hamza Ahmad” post_id=50695 time=1603704643 user_id=23637:

DO Halloween Drive is here!

Costumes – Highly encouraged (if you don’t have a costume or don’t want to wear one, you are still very welcome). :grinning:

Taking lots of pictures – Highly encouraged (please maintain social distancing at all times and please wear your masks at all times when out of your car).

This is a family event and the route will be beginner and family friendly (for those who are in the beginner convoys).

Meeting time: 1400
    Drive starts: 1430
    Drive terrain: Sand dunes
    Drive will end at sundown

Convoy allocations and Radio frequencies will be shared by Whatsapp on Friday morning, just prior to the drive.
    Please be punctual to avoid making many others wait for you, as well as to maximize our time on the sand.

IMPORTANT: If you are bringing smaller children, please ensure they are secured in an age-appropriate car seat, or bolster seat.

COVID-19 PREVENTION MEASURES
    A. At the meeting point, please park the vehicles at least 5 meters apart and observe standard social distancing practices.
    B. Face mask and gloves to be worn at all times.
    C. No shaking hands, hugging or any other physical contact.
    C. Max 3 persons per vehicle, or 5 if from the same family staying in the same house.
    D. Drive briefing can be viewed on this page and communications on the day will be carried out by radio, so please ensure your radio carries the correct channel announced on your convoy’s WhatsApp group so you can line up correctly once at the meeting point, deflate your tires are deflated and mount your flag.
    E. Drivers AND passengers should remain in their vehicles, after deflating their tires and NOT meet or socialize with other participants.
    F. There is to be no sharing of any food or drinks.
    G. No sharing of any equipment, tow ropes, shackles, radios or any other accessory.
    H. In the event of a recovery, please radio your position in the convoy and vehicle – a marshal will advise you on how to self-recover or will assist.

Checklist:
    a) Fully functional 4×4 vehicle with full tank of fuel.
    b) Air compressor in working condition.
    c) Recovery rope / strap.
    d) Compatible radio pre-programmed to DO frequencies.
    e) Refreshments for you and your passengers (if you have them).
    f) Offroad flag attached to vehicle.

Etiquette:
    1) Registering and not coming along may stop others from joining and is easily avoidable – so please be courteous and withdraw if you can’t make it.
    2) Be punctual.
    3) Any participants not registered on the forum site will not be allowed to join the drive.
    4) Passengers in Registered participant’s vehicles are not counted as participants and are fre to join.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and prepare properly – see you on the sand!

Hi Hamza,
    Watching Sundown at Fosilrock in the route plan?

October 29, 2020 at 5:15 pm #44362
    quote Ibaqel post_id=50702 time=1603990968 user_id=26636:

Hi Hamza,
    Watching Sundown at Fosilrock in the route plan?

It’ll depend on the lead marshals of the various convoys how they conduct the drive.

October 30, 2020 at 2:21 pm #44364

Jo and the team, amazing drive today guys. Thx a lot..

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.