Intermediate++ Friday Morning Drive – 1st March 2013

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    quote brianj:

Hey Team, ๐Ÿ˜• Looks like everybody needs to register for this trip too, check out all the trips and other info ๐Ÿ™‚

No probs Brian – this is intermediate convoy and I remember each and every registration :ymsmug: Convoy is listed above.

February 28, 2013 at 3:51 pm #23907

Wow a line astern of FJ’s and Musbah & Rein corralled by Patrols, some line up this guys, think I’ll go to bed now ๐Ÿ˜€

February 28, 2013 at 4:11 pm #23909
    quote GKumar:

Intermediate++ Friday morning convoy:-
    1) Kumar
    2) Ashok
    3) Musbah
    4) Rein
    5) Amjed
    6) Rob
    7) Zarir
    8) Brian
    9) Mathews
    10) Firoz
    11) Ganesh
    12) Thanseer
    And a very special guest :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: ;;) ;;) ;;) ( GUN MASTER)

See you all tomorrow morning on time at the meeting point

March 1, 2013 at 10:49 am #23931

Wow,

As I pulled out of the parking into the pre-dawn my mind was already turning over what lay ahead =p~ , early start, top drivers = beautiful day ๐Ÿ™‚

Amjed and I arrived at the fuel stop together and greeted each other with warm smiles, :-BD I guess both of us looking forward to the next 5 or so hours.

As expected Kumar was the first to arrive at the meeting point closely followed by Amjed and myself. No time was wasted, a quick handshake, tyres deflated, flags up. The rest of the team filtered in Robinson, Ashok, Firoztv, Ganesh, Musbah, Thanseer, Sanjay Matthews & Paul plus star guest Gerry with his brand brand new new FJ, everybody immediately got to work B-)

You could feel the energy 11 vehicles (5Fj’s, 4 Patrols and 2 Pajero’s)……….. 11 drivers (6 Marshall’s + 5 members) all ready to go ๐Ÿ™‚

And go we did, straight out of the back of Al Badayer shops, straight up no messing :)) An absolutely cracking start to a fantastic drive ๐Ÿ˜€

Energy, power and the wild wild beauty of the sands. No radio crackle just the hiss of the tyres and the muted roar from the convoy as it wound it’s way up up up through the pyramids and area 53 bowls and crests. Sometime later we emerged at the very top of Iftar for a photo op and a very quick break.

With wise cracks from Marshall Thanseer that he was falling asleep, the already cracking pace, quickened and the group continued to explore up down, in out and around the best of Area 53. ๐Ÿ˜‰

To give but one example:at one stage I counted 14 consecutive bowls, after which I gave up counting ๐Ÿ˜€ At another point I felt my cheeks aching and I realised that I’d been grinning for roughly 3.1/2 hours nonstop. :))

My :thanks: go to Kumar for an amazing lead ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ , Ashok (second lead) nice one mate :-BD , Ganesh my friend I don’t know if you were the official sweep but :ymapplause: , Marshall’s Amjed & Robinson :-BD , Marshall Thanseer you are an example to us all :thanks: :ymapplause: . The rest of the gang was ‘troop FJ’ ….the non Marshall’s ๐Ÿ˜€ :thanks: guys really enjoyed your company great bunch of blokes to be with ๐Ÿ˜€

There’s only 1 more thing I want to say …. ๐Ÿ˜• ….when’s the next one ๐Ÿ˜€

March 1, 2013 at 3:44 pm #23936

Excellent Brain, it was a wonderful drive quite exceralating one, best drivers combined with best place to quench the weekend thirst!
    Kumar thanks for the lead ! its always a pleasure to drive with u, nothing to ask you , its all give what all required for a beautiful drive.

Thanks to Thanseer, Ganesh, Ashok, Firoz, Brain, Musbah, Sanjay & Paul and not to forget our dear friend Gerry who joined us for the drive.
    look forward to many more such drives

March 1, 2013 at 10:25 pm #23951

Perfect Lead and Perfect Team. Amazing trip that anyone can dream to have. I will leave the video to speak on my behalf. Video record is coming soon.

Best Regards,

March 2, 2013 at 8:17 pm #24014

Pictures here……
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10151460287692356&type=1

March 2, 2013 at 9:53 pm #24015

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

:thanks:

March 3, 2013 at 12:29 am #24016

Hi Folks,

Below is the Video Report for the awesome drive

[media]http://youtu.be/9QiTDxoocqg[/media]

Enjoy watching…..

Best Regards

March 3, 2013 at 2:59 am #24026

Wow what a :drive: that was, I’m still warm from the memory ๐Ÿ˜€

:thanks: so much Musbah for the report :ymapplause: we can re live the moment until the next one :ymapplause:

March 3, 2013 at 6:36 am #24050

Thank you Musbah :ymhug: :thanks:
    Indeed, its a very good video drive report ๐Ÿ˜€ supporting, Brian’s nice drive report :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

March 3, 2013 at 9:12 am #24065

Another amazing drive by G.K. :thanks:

March 3, 2013 at 9:52 am #24069
    quote Robinson:

Another amazing drive by G.K. :thanks:

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

March 3, 2013 at 11:18 am #24072

Cant expect anything better on a nice pleasant Friday morning with all the best drivers in the squad…. Thanks Kumar for the awesome lead…..I was just enjoying the sweep position along with Thanseer at the end….

It was indeed a very nice drive with 5 FJs, 4 Patrols and 2 Pajeros….

My ultimate wish of reaching on the top of Iftar bowl was achieved coutesy Tiger ๐Ÿ˜€ …. Dont ask how we reached…..

The drive plan was immedaitely known to everyone when we started the drive….conquer all the big dunes which comes your way….. and by the time the lead and some cars crossed the dune….you cant even afford to wait for the others…..keep going….and then the others lose their track……Get the cordinates from the Lead marshal and reach back to him….that was the fun….

I dont have to comment about anyone’s driving skill…..as each one of you were the best apart from very minor stucks and not a single pop-out ๐Ÿ˜€

Looking at the drive I already told Musbah that he is going to get an awesome video clip today….

Kumar and Thanseer thought for a moment that we can finish the drive near Shwaib, but then we all had one more responsibility on our shoulders and that was the afternoon Newbee Fewbee drive with 30 particiapants….. We cannot afford to be late, so we changed the plan back to Tawi shops….

Once again a very good track by Kumar…. just awesome… :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Special thanks to the entire team ……. Kumar, Ashok, Musbah, Robinson, Brian, Firoz, Amjed, Sanjay & Paul and Thanseer…..

A big hug to our special guest Mr. Gerald Pinto…. with his new FJ along with his winch which was useful a couple of times….

Hats off to Paul specially for all his additional efforts to rescue any driver at any time… ๐Ÿ˜€

Kumar…you keep inventing new tracks and make us experience the World of Sands…..Thanks buddy…

Cheers

March 3, 2013 at 11:47 am #24079
    quote Ganesh:

Cant expect anything better on a nice pleasant Friday morning with all the best drivers in the squad…. Thanks Kumar for the awesome lead…..I was just enjoying the sweep position along with Thanseer at the end….

It was indeed a very nice drive with 5 FJs, 4 Patrols and 2 Pajeros….

My ultimate wish of reaching on the top of Iftar bowl was achieved coutesy Tiger ๐Ÿ˜€ …. Dont ask how we reached…..

The drive plan was immedaitely known to everyone when we started the drive….conquer all the big dunes which comes your way….. and by the time the lead and some cars crossed the dune….you cant even afford to wait for the others…..keep going….and then the others lose their track……Get the cordinates from the Lead marshal and reach back to him….that was the fun….

I dont have to comment about anyone’s driving skill…..as each one of you were the best apart from very minor stucks and not a single pop-out ๐Ÿ˜€

Looking at the drive I already told Musbah that he is going to get an awesome video clip today….

Kumar and Thanseer thought for a moment that we can finish the drive near Shwaib, but then we all had one more responsibility on our shoulders and that was the afternoon Newbee Fewbee drive with 30 particiapants….. We cannot afford to be late, so we changed the plan back to Tawi shops….

Once again a very good track by Kumar…. just awesome… :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Special thanks to the entire team ……. Kumar, Ashok, Musbah, Robinson, Brian, Firoz, Amjed, Sanjay & Paul and Thanseer…..

A big hug to our special guest Mr. Gerald Pinto…. with his new FJ along with his winch which was useful a couple of times….

Hats off to Paul specially for all his additional efforts to rescue any driver at any time… ๐Ÿ˜€

Kumar…you keep inventing new tracks and make us experience the World of Sands…..Thanks buddy…

Cheers

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

As Always Excellent Report

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.