Intermediate to Advance Drive on 19th of Oct. 2012

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Hey Amjed, how did you do the upload to the MotionX website? I use the same app and its great! Bad luck that loss of reception though.

October 21, 2012 at 9:22 am #19774
    quote Tyn:

Hey Amjed, how did you do the upload to the MotionX website? I use the same app and its great! Bad luck that loss of reception though.

Hi Tyn – I can share with you, few info which I know on this subject ๐Ÿ™‚

I do use the same application for recording drive routes, due to its simplicity, though I use a professional GPS for navigating. I have recorded more than 30 routes so far using the application and I never had any issue of signal loss.

I am aware that there is a problem with the default setting of this application – if its back grounded, it will lose the signal (for eg:- if u receive a call or on opening any other programs / applications) Dont worry, there is a solution as well:- :-BD

Go to Menu -> Setup -> Multitasking -> Select Always On -> Done (now your device will not drop signal as long as the application is “on” in background)

Avoid mounting your iPhone on windshield, exposed to direct sunlight, unless your ride has a super cool a/c . It will trigger the phone to switch off or sometime hangup when it gets heated up (come on, iPhone is a luxury not a professional & rugged offroad device :)) :)) :)) )

Now for sharing the recorded tracks:-
    Go to Menu -> Setup -> Share -> Activate “Auto Share” -> “Specify where you prefer to share the recorded tracks – Facebook / Twitter / Email Share -> Done
    Email Share:- You can specify upto 6 email addresses where the recorded track info will be forwarded by MotionX as an email with track details and map link to MotionX website.

Drive safe with full concentration ๐Ÿ˜‰ now u can ignore your application while driving ๐Ÿ˜€ :drive: :drive: :drive:

October 21, 2012 at 10:42 am #19775
    quote GKumar:

quote Tyn:

I do use the same application for recording drive routes, due to its simplicity, though I use a professional GPS for navigating. I have recorded more than 30 routes so far using the application and I never had any issue of signal loss.

I am aware that there is a problem with the default setting of this application – if its back grounded, it will lose the signal (for eg:- if u receive a call or on opening any other programs / applications) Dont worry, there is a solution as well:- :-BD

Go to Menu -> Setup -> Multitasking -> Select Always On -> Done (now your device will not drop signal as long as the application is “on” in background)

Avoid mounting your iPhone on windshield, exposed to direct sunlight, unless your ride has a super cool a/c . It will trigger the phone to switch off or sometime hangup when it gets heated up (come on, iPhone is a luxury not a professional & rugged offroad device :)) :)) :)) )

Go to Menu -> Setup -> Share -> Activate “Auto Share” -> “Specify where you prefer to share the recorded tracks – Facebook / Twitter / Email Share -> Done
    Email Share:- You can specify upto 6 email addresses where the recorded track info will be forwarded by MotionX as an email with track details and map link to MotionX website.

Drive safe with full concentration ๐Ÿ˜‰ now u can ignore your application while driving ๐Ÿ˜€ :drive: :drive: :drive:

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

October 21, 2012 at 12:17 pm #19776

To Start with i would like to apologise to all as I was the last one to reach. Thanks Ahmed Sir for accomodating me. You have left me speechless with this kind gesture of yours. It was indeed a quite fast paced drive. I was completely new to this area. Had a great time.Worth all the effort to drive to sweihan and back. Thanks Team Dubaioffroaders to Make this Drive Sucessful. ( Zero Stuck / Zero Popouts in convoy of 13+ Cars ).
    :thanks:

October 21, 2012 at 12:40 pm #19777
    quote GKumar:

quote Tyn:

Excellent Kumar!! Thanks for sharing! :thanks: :thanks:

October 22, 2012 at 5:25 am #19786
    quote GKumar:

quote Tyn:

:thanks: :thanks: Kumar for the detailed information about MotionX
    :thanks:

October 26, 2012 at 6:23 am #19857

It was one of the best drive we ever had…enjoyed every bit of it; it was challening sometimes; especially in the beginnning….Thank you Ahmed sir for accomodating us…indeeed; we’ll remember this drive for a long time…until we’ve something bigger comes ๐Ÿ˜ก ๐Ÿ˜ก ๐Ÿ˜ก

Thanks to all the friends and Marshals for the support.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.