Intermediate trip to Al Faqaa – Saturday Morning

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Challenging and technical drive to Al Faqaa… Should test your reflexes and your focus. The sand will most likely be wet to add to the difficulty of the terrain.

Day and date : Saturday 4rd of May ‘2013
    Drive Type : Intermediate (+)
    Meeting Point : Will be sent by PM
    Meeting Point Coordinates : will be sent by PM
    Meeting Time : 0700 Hrs.
    Drive ends: 3 hrs later
    Drive Terrain: Dunes – Not tracks

Checklist:-
    a) Ensure your 4 x 4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
    b) Compatible Radio is a must.
    c) Carry all necessary offroad gears, in good condition.
    d) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).

Maximum 8 Vehicles including the lead.
    We will leave the meeting point 10 min after the meeting time.

April 30, 2013 at 12:02 pm #26329

Here you go the first registration.

Regards

April 30, 2013 at 12:44 pm #26332

Hi Khalil, if suppose I am selected for the drive ๐Ÿ˜€ then it shall be my first drive with u…. :drive: :drive: :drive:

April 30, 2013 at 4:27 pm #26340

Al Faqaaaaaa………….aaaaaaaa

Oh my jaanuuoooo……

will miss you this time……

It seems DO marshals are posting superb drives when i am not able to attend….. why this to me…. :(( :(( :((

hope similar drives will be there near future…..

Khalil longing for a drive with you.

Shabeer Saidu Mohammed

May 1, 2013 at 2:42 am #26344
    quote wasiabbas:

Hi Khalil, if suppose I am selected for the drive ๐Ÿ˜€ then it shall be my first drive with u…. :drive: :drive: :drive:

:ymhug: :ymhug: Looking forward to it ๐Ÿ™‚

May 1, 2013 at 2:44 am #26345
    quote shabeer saidu mohammed:

Al Faqaaaaaa………….aaaaaaaa

Oh my jaanuuoooo……

will miss you this time……

It seems DO marshals are posting superb drives when i am not able to attend….. why this to me…. :(( :(( :((

hope similar drives will be there near future…..

Khalil longing for a drive with you.

Shabeer Saidu Mohammed

There will be more :drive: :drive: :drive: … don’t worry … ๐Ÿ˜€

May 1, 2013 at 2:46 am #26346

What a lineup : :yesss:

The registration for this drive is now closed.

May 1, 2013 at 6:29 am #26348

Have fun guys, family duty for me this weekend ๐Ÿ˜€

May 1, 2013 at 7:06 am #26350

Fantastic Line up indeed Khalil, have a great :drive: guys

May 2, 2013 at 4:59 pm #26428

Meeting Coordinates sent. Please let me know if you haven’t received it.

Cheers

May 3, 2013 at 6:18 pm #26441

Hi Khalil, my car needs to go work shop tomm fo fixing my bumper…
    Will not b able to join fo d drive..

Sorry Guyz n drive safe.

May 4, 2013 at 9:58 am #26443

Nice drive with great company.

Left the meeting point at 7:10 as planned. We were only 5 cars (GKumar, Carl, Rein, Musbah and myself), as three drivers appologized before.

From al rawda petro station we headed to Al Faqaa mosque, deflated and the fun began.

The drive was a fast one and rated (Intermediate +) as we wanted to spice it a little bit for the team.

Everyone drove well without taking unnecessary risks. Although the entent was to test everyone’s reflexes and focus, Musbah was the second lead and was constantly giving a headsup to all the drivers on the radio preventing them from potential hickups … that’s was too nice from him …

We finished the drive around 10:15, 15min later than the original plan, but that’s alright I guess, isn’t it?

All in all I enjoyed driving with all of you.

Thank you for making it happen and special thanks to GKumar for his commandable help controling the convoy and giving the right advices, it made my role very easy ๐Ÿ™‚

See you all soon.

Cheers

Khalil

May 4, 2013 at 10:05 am #26444
    quote Khalil_mtl:

Nice drive with great company.

Left the meeting point at 7:10 as planned. We were only 5 cars (GKumar, Carl, Rein, Musbah and myself), as three drivers appologized before.

From al rawda petro station we headed to Al Faqaa mosque, deflated and the fun began.

The drive was a fast one and rated (Intermediate +) as we wanted to spice it a little bit for the team.

Everyone drove well without taking unnecessary risks. Although the entent was to test everyone’s reflexes and focus, Musbah was the second lead and was constantly giving a headsup to all the drivers on the radio preventing them from potential hickups … that’s was too nice from him …

We finished the drive around 10:15, 15min later than the original plan, but that alright I guess, isn’t it?

All in all I enjoyed driving with all of you.

Thank you for making it happen and special thanks to GKumar for his commandable help controling the convoy and giving the right advises, it made my role very easy ๐Ÿ™‚

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
    See you all soon.

Cheers

Khalil

May 4, 2013 at 4:12 pm #26449

What a nice drive Khalilโ€ฆ.you managed to increase the adrenaline and to spice the drive very well. I believe we did around 7000 side cresting and side slopes โ€ฆ left right lift right then up down up down ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ . Lead Marshalโ€ฆโ€ฆYou were a mazing and the team did excellent job :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: . BTW I am still counting how many times we did side cresting and side slopes.
    Kumar as a sweep Marshal as usual did a great job and any convoy has a qualified marshal like Kumar will definitely achieve the targets and the objectives of the trip peacefully and safely. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
    Carl in his toy was very confident and did excellent. Thanks Carl for your help and support. :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
    Rein as usual he is a tough offroader and did excellent. :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
    The trip in General was amazing and I am sure if the time was in winter then we could unquestionably kept driving for another three or four hours.
    Nice team with Perfect Lead and Sweep.
    Thanks guys and wait for the video to watch the driveโ€ฆ

Best Regards

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=2115653

May 4, 2013 at 5:36 pm #26451

Khalil at his home ground Al Faqqa…. what else to expect. Awesome drive!!! It was a perfect short convoy to explore the challenging terrains of Al Faqqa. Thanks Musbah, Carl, Rein for the great company. Indeed it was a worth morning to spend at sands ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
    I was very happy to have such a nice drive after a long break. Thank you very much, Khalil :thanks:

As explained during the drive briefing it was a fast paced drive. But we made Khalil to slow down often due to few repeated attempts at tricky patches ๐Ÿ˜€ But I would like to highlight the point that everybody accepted and executed Khalil’s challenges very safely – never fought with gravity and also drove with the vehicle weight in good control.

As Musbah stated, Khalil was teaching the convoy how to handle crests at different angles and side slopes…. few hesitated #-o #-o #-o but managed safely on reattempt :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: On all such tricky spots, Khalil was turning back and had a close look at the convoy. Ensured everybody was doing good and accordingly adjusted the drive level… amazing job bro! :ymhug:

Musbah, you did a good job with your monster. Its not a joke to manage that monster in those steep climbs, drops and sharp turns :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: I loved the crawl control system “Computerized Recovery” ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    It will be simple and plain to state Carol aka CCG with his little monster ruled all dunes :-BD :-BD :-BD except may be one ๐Ÿ˜€ Good job and great convoy support mate :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
    Rein was my lead being second last car in the convoy ๐Ÿ˜€ good job bro! You were in full control of your car on those tricky climbs and crests.. very good job :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Thank you all for the wonderful drive and company :thanks: Look forward to see you soon in sands ๐Ÿ™‚

I was finding it hard to balance my car as it was getting thrown to sideways with the weight. Had to adjust alot to manage those crests and side slopes. Went to garage straight after the drive and was shocked to see the broken rear sway bar (stabilizer bar). After effects of two back to back crest cutting drives :-ss :-ss :-ss So luck favored me today to execute the game safely :YMPRAY:

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.