Intermediate trip to Al Faqaa – Saturday Morning

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    quote GKumar:

Khalil at his home ground Al Faqqa…. what else to expect. Awesome drive!!! It was a perfect short convoy to explore the challenging terrains of Al Faqqa. Thanks Musbah, Carl, Rein for the great company. Indeed it was a worth morning to spend at sands ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
    I was very happy to have such a nice drive after a long break. Thank you very much, Khalil :thanks:

As explained during the drive briefing it was a fast paced drive. But we made Khalil to slow down often due to few repeated attempts at tricky patches ๐Ÿ˜€ But I would like to highlight the point that everybody accepted and executed Khalil’s challenges very safely – never fought with gravity and also drove with the vehicle weight in good control.

As Musbah stated, Khalil was teaching the convoy how to handle crests at different angles and side slopes…. few hesitated #-o #-o #-o but managed safely on reattempt :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: On all such tricky spots, Khalil was turning back and had a close look at the convoy. Ensured everybody was doing good and accordingly adjusted the drive level… amazing job bro! :ymhug:

Musbah, you did a good job with your monster. Its not a joke to manage that monster in those steep climbs, drops and sharp turns :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: I loved the crawl control system “Computerized Recovery” ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    It will be simple and plain to state Carol aka CCG with his little monster ruled all dunes :-BD :-BD :-BD except may be one ๐Ÿ˜€ Good job and great convoy support mate :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
    Rein was my lead being second last car in the convoy ๐Ÿ˜€ good job bro! You were in full control of your car on those tricky climbs and crests.. very good job :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Thank you all for the wonderful drive and company :thanks: Look forward to see you soon in sands ๐Ÿ™‚

I was finding it hard to balance my car as it was getting thrown to sideways with the weight. Had to adjust alot to manage those crests and side slopes. Went to garage straight after the drive and was shocked to see the broken rear sway bar (stabilizer bar). After effects of two back to back crest cutting drives :-ss :-ss :-ss So luck favored me today to execute the game safely :YMPRAY:

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: as usual perfect report and thanks God you manged this difficult terrain with a broken rear sway bar…. I said it before that you rock…

May 5, 2013 at 7:19 am #26460

Saturday morningโ€ฆwas a morning of adrenaline filled one; all because of Khalil, as the lead marshal had organised an excellent drive and lead us to a fun filled โ€on the toesโ€™โ€™ drive sequence. :drive:

After meeting at the designated spot, Khalil, Kumar, Musbah, Carl and myself drove to the deflation point where we hit the sands at Al Faqaa. Musbah in 2nd lead, lead us thru the path carved by Khalil, constantly warning us of all the hidden surprises. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Kumar in the sweep position always kept a watchful eye on the convoy. No words can describe the perfect execution of Khalil and Kumar while they are on the sands.

The drive in general was fast paced and demanded full control in terms of reflexes and vehicle control over the countless steep crests, side slopes, tricky bowlsโ€ฆIt was a pleasure to drive again in such a wonderful company. Carl and Musbah as usual were in full control of their machines. :ymapplause:
    Thanks to Musbah, Carl and not the least to Khalil and Kumar for making this drive a fun filled and ending it safely. Hoping to drive again with you all again.
    Have a wonderful week

May 5, 2013 at 11:17 am #26469

Wow thank you guys for the nice words and nice report … Glad you liked the drive …

One thing is sure, it would not have been possible without you :thanks: :thanks: :ymhug: …

Looking forward for more ๐Ÿ™‚

May 5, 2013 at 11:48 am #26471
    quote Khalil_mtl:

Wow thank you guys for the nice words and nice report … Glad you liked the drive …

One thing is sure, it would not have been possible without you :thanks: :thanks: :ymhug: …

Looking forward for more ๐Ÿ™‚

Enjoy watching

[media]http://youtu.be/MeL0NFIOBe0[/media]

May 5, 2013 at 5:26 pm #26480

This was a great technical drive, that I found challenging, and adventurous. There was a good variety of skill building tracks that we got to run on. This was a great drive to leave on, as due to work I probably won’t get to go out in the sand for close to a month! At least it was on a high note ๐Ÿ™‚

Carl

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.