Introduce yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 533 total)
  • Author
    quote tibysuto:

Hello to everyone ,
    Really pleasure and honor for me to join DO.

I fell I have a lot in common with DO , in terms of life style, common sense , culture, way to have fun and make good jokes ๐Ÿ˜€
    Actually those are the reasons I joined here.

Now about me :
    Name: Tiberiu ( Tiby) Suto
    Vehicle: Mitsubishi Pajero 2 doors ( actually it has 3 , but all peoples here in Dubai are saying 2 , so here I am )
    Offroading: Been offroading since 1995 ( basically at that time every driving in Romania was off road , well not all but still ๐Ÿ™‚
    To be very honest I am a newbie in desert off road so kindly be patients .

Welcome to the group Tiby, look forward to seeing you in the sands soon!!!

July 15, 2013 at 11:41 am #26970

I am Nibin George, currently drives a Pajero 3.8 SWB (no mods).

Been to a few unsuccessful desert drives in the UAE with friends and got stuck in the sands for hours . Anyways learnt a few valuable lessons then and now welcoming for more in the days to come.

I also did desert driving course with Emirates Driving Inst., came with Entertainer book. It wasnt bad, but never went off road after that. ๐Ÿ˜€

I work with KPMG Dubai with the audit and advisory team, which is partially the reason why I never showed up for any trips before. I am all about the numbers and now you know who can manage your finance (and accounting). B-)

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Cheers!

July 15, 2013 at 2:25 pm #26971
    quote nibingeorge:

Been to a few unsuccessful desert drives in the UAE with friends and got stuck in the sands for hours . Anyways learnt a few valuable lessons then and now welcoming for more in the days to come.

I also did desert driving course with Emirates Driving Inst., came with Entertainer book. It wasnt bad, but never went off road after that. ๐Ÿ˜€

I work with KPMG Dubai with the audit and advisory team, which is partially the reason why I never showed up for any trips before. I am all about the numbers and now you know who can manage your finance (and accounting). B-)

Cheers!

Welcome to the Group Nibin!!! Having worked with KPMG you would certainly know that company matters…so now…that you are here, prepare to learn in the company of enthusiasts & experts!!!
    ๐Ÿ™‚

July 19, 2013 at 5:08 am #26980
    quote Tootall36:

Hello everyone !!
    My name is Alex and I have been offloading in the UK and Europe for many years but I am really looking forward to the new challenges sand will throw at me in comparison to thick mud and boggy moors!
    I have just purchased a Ford F150 that has a lift kit and a few other โ€œbolt onโ€™sโ€ but I am continually adding to it
    Look forward to meeting you all very soon on the sand !!

quote Mosaif:

Hi my name is Altaf and nickname is Mosalf. I have been driving in the desert since September 2012 when I bought my FJ Cruiser. I am working in the oil and gas sector in Abu Dhabi as a regional sale manager. I love OFFROAD driving and am eager to learn and improve my skills.

quote nibingeorge:

Cheers!

Hi Guys welcome to THE offroad forum and community in the UAE, packed with a comprehensive & serious experience of the offroad scene in the UAE both in the sand and in the wadi’s
    Enjoy the different forums and above don’t hesitate to ask questions
    :drive:

July 20, 2013 at 7:32 am #26983

Morning all, I have recently joined DO. I am based in Muscat, but have been unable to find a regular family friendly club here. We plan to join trips a couple of times a month when we visit Dubai. A complete novice, I look forward to learning and getting stuck in the sands. Currently driving a Pajero 3.5 Gls, no mods. Planning first vist in Sept, when family return from UK. Look forward to meeting you all, regards Clive

July 21, 2013 at 5:08 pm #26985
    quote clive:

Morning all, I have recently joined DO. I am based in Muscat, but have been unable to find a regular family friendly club here. We plan to join trips a couple of times a month when we visit Dubai. A complete novice, I look forward to learning and getting stuck in the sands. Currently driving a Pajero 3.5 Gls, no mods. Planning first vist in Sept, when family return from UK. Look forward to meeting you all, regards Clive

WELcome to DO Clive, .. umm stuck in the sand :drive: we DO our best not to do that ๐Ÿ˜€ however there’s a learning curve which everyone goes thru, it happens to the very best and is not a problem, I noticed in your Hello you said driving a Pajero 3.5 at the moment ….does that mean you are thinking of changing? We have members with connections who might be able to assist you if you are, don’t hesitate to ask questions ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Welcome to DO :ymhug:

July 25, 2013 at 7:28 pm #26995
    quote brianj:

quote clive:

We have members with connections who might be able to assist you if you are, don’t hesitate to ask questions ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Welcome to DO :ymhug:

Ya, well said Brian….that’s make DO’ers a different breed :yesss:

July 31, 2013 at 7:14 am #27002

Name: Jimmy Gordon Hansen.
    Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Call of Duty Black Ops 2013.
    Offroading: Practically a beginner. Have been stuck in the sand plenty of times, though….

August 1, 2013 at 7:50 am #27004
    quote GordonDK1973:

Name: Jimmy Gordon Hansen.
    Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Call of Duty Black Ops 2013.
    Offroading: Practically a beginner. Have been stuck in the sand plenty of times, though….

Welcome to the group Gordon, Do’nt worry…everybody gets stuck in the sand…the trick is to know how to come out of it…look forward to driving with you soon.
    ๐Ÿ™‚

August 4, 2013 at 3:03 pm #27006

Hello Everybody :yesss:

My name is Levi Angelo Blancke Denys

I ride a wonderfull Series 76 short wheel base Toyota Land Cruiser.
    My car has now 33 inch wheels on 18 alloys, +2 inch lift, front and rear bumpers, winch, snorkel,… but still much more to come!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I work as Chocolate and Pastry executive chef in Dubai. I’ve been involved in this world since my 6 years old and never got bored from it ๐Ÿ˜ก !!

Much worse is my love for 4×4!!!! Started at age of 0 untill now, that’s thanks to my father. Since very small I’ve been called MISTERMUD at home, no need to explain why, no? hihihi. I’ve had 2 Range Rover classic, a Defender, a Patrol Y61 and now loving my Toyota ’76 :drive:

Hope to meet you all in the sand tracks!!!!!! :thanks:

August 7, 2013 at 4:26 pm #27011
    quote mistermud:

Hello Everybody :yesss:
    My name is Levi Angelo Blancke Denys
    I ride a wonderfull Series 76 short wheel base Toyota Land Cruiser.
    My car has now 33 inch wheels on 18 alloys, +2 inch lift, front and rear bumpers, winch, snorkel,… but still much more to come!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I work as Chocolate and Pastry executive chef in Dubai. I’ve been involved in this world since my 6 years old and never got bored from it ๐Ÿ˜ก !!
    Much worse is my love for 4×4!!!! Started at age of 0 untill now, that’s thanks to my father. Since very small I’ve been called MISTERMUD at home, no need to explain why, no? hihihi. I’ve had 2 Range Rover classic, a Defender, a Patrol Y61 and now loving my Toyota ’76 :drive:
    Hope to meet you all in the sand tracks!!!!!! :thanks:

Welcome to the group Levi!!!
    That looks like an awesome Ride that you have!!! I personally love the 76 Series Land Cruisers…and with these mods that you have done…it must be real fun!!!
    Look forward to welcoming you to the group and driving with you!!!
    ๐Ÿ™‚

August 8, 2013 at 3:48 pm #27014

Hello Ahmad, and Co,

Thanks for your welcomes!!

I’m also looking forward to our next meeting!! ๐Ÿ˜€

I’ve only one question: I try to read the whole texts friends from DO leave in the fotum bur I cant… Why??
    Here I can because I’ve the option : “reply” but on the general forum I cant as I cant open the messages, only see the perfil from the who who wrote the post… Can you help me please??

Thank you very much!!

Hope to meet you soon!!

August 11, 2013 at 2:21 pm #27018

Hello Everyone

This is my first post and I would like to introduce myself. My name is Willie, I am 40 years old, and I have been living in Dubai for almost two years. I am from South Africa and have also lived in Namibia for a few years. I have been off-roading and overlanding for more than 20 years and have travelled extensively in South Africa, Namibia and Botswana. My first vehicle was a 1977 Jeep CJ-7 which was, ironically, built under license by Volkswagen South Africa during those years. Although it was far from reliable, had no low range and was as thirsty as a camel, it gave me a taste of the off-road lifestyle and I was hooked. I have since had a number of different 4×4’s and have taken them into some of the wildest and most remote parts of Southern Africa.

Unfortunately I arrived in Dubai with a bad back injury which (temporarily) put a stop to our outdoor lifestyle, but luckily things have improved to a point where my wife and I can start getting back into camping. We recently purchased a Land Rover LR4.

I am looking forward to the discussions on this forum and, hopefully, will get to meet some like-minded friends.

Regards,

Willie

August 11, 2013 at 5:12 pm #27019
    quote Spike:

Hello Everyone

This is my first post and I would like to introduce myself. My name is Willie, I am 40 years old, and I have been living in Dubai for almost two years. I am from South Africa and have also lived in Namibia for a few years. I have been off-roading and overlanding for more than 20 years and have travelled extensively in South Africa, Namibia and Botswana. My first vehicle was a 1977 Jeep CJ-7 which was, ironically, built under license by Volkswagen South Africa during those years. Although it was far from reliable, had no low range and was as thirsty as a camel, it gave me a taste of the off-road lifestyle and I was hooked. I have since had a number of different 4×4’s and have taken them into some of the wildest and most remote parts of Southern Africa.

Unfortunately I arrived in Dubai with a bad back injury which (temporarily) put a stop to our outdoor lifestyle, but luckily things have improved to a point where my wife and I can start getting back into camping. We recently purchased a Land Rover LR4.

I am looking forward to the discussions on this forum and, hopefully, will get to meet some like-minded friends.

Regards,

Willie

Welcome to the group Willie!!!
    I am sure you will enjoy the Sands of Arabia after having experienced the joys of offroading in Namibia & South Africa.
    I look forward to meeting you soon on one of the drives.

August 12, 2013 at 4:53 am #27023

Hi All,

My name is Praveen. As I’m new to this group, I thought I will introduce myself. I work with a private company in Abu Dhabi in the Oil & Gas sector. I have got some off-roading experience in Qatar and Dubai deserts. I look forward for some new discussions, new drives, new learning experience etc. I love the Baja and Dakar rallies :drive: . I look forward to meet some like minded people as well.

Thank you all for allowing me to this group. :thanks:

Regards,
    Praveen Vamadevan

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 533 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.