Introduce yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 533 total)
  • Author
    quote David Jarvis:

Hello all,

Name: David Jarvis
    Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2014
    Offroading: No experience… yet

As you can see I have never done any offroading but I am really keen to get into it. Should have my new car by the end of next week so will be looking at doing a trip soon. The one this weekend would have been perfect. We was keen campers in the UK so really looking forward to getting back into that.

Hello David Welcome to DO, we hold regulars Newbie Fewbie and Intermediate drives every Friday. Once you have some exposure and develop your skills you will have the opportunity to Join other categories of drive, night drives Saturday intermediate drives and exploration styles drives. Just keep checking back fill in your profile and start your own blog if you so wish.

If you have a question post it in the relevant forum topic, it will be answered by one of the Marshall’s/Rangers, Members or Moderators

Welcome to our :drive:

February 6, 2014 at 8:57 am #28962
    quote Abhi:

Name: Abhishek Kumar
    Vehicle: Toyota Prado TXL 2013. No mods.
    Offroading: New to offroading, Never been to desert except desert safari…. 😀

Hello Abhi Welcome to DO, we hold regulars Newbie Fewbie and Intermediate drives every Friday. Once you have some exposure and develop your skills you will have the opportunity to Join other categories of drive, night drives, Saturday intermediate drives and exploration style drives.

Keep checking back, fill in your profile and start your own blog if you so wish.

If you have a question post it in the relevant forum topic, it will be answered by one of the Marshall’s/Rangers, Members or Moderators

Welcome to our :drive: ‘s

February 22, 2014 at 8:18 am #29137

Name: Vijay Hegde
    Vehicle: 2006 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.0 V6 SWB
    Offroading: New to offroading, have been to desert few times, not tricky ones, only time I got stuck was yesterday in Black Mud near Um Al Quwain when I stupidly thought my vehicle will pass through and got stuck till belly =)) =))

February 22, 2014 at 6:54 pm #29141

=))

quote Vijay Hegde:

Name: Vijay Hegde
    Vehicle: 2006 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.0 V6 SWB
    Offroading: New to offroading, have been to desert few times, not tricky ones, only time I got stuck was yesterday in Black Mud near Um Al Quwain when I stupidly thought my vehicle will pass through and got stuck till belly =)) =))

WElcome to DO Vijay.

One thing that everybody has to get over is getting stuck. It’s goes with the terrain. However the more you drive the more the skill acquisition, the better the sand reading skills and vehicle control, it takes time.

The most important thing is to participate, understand why you got stuck, remember to thank those that helped in the recovery and move on 😀

Join one of the drives but before you do go buy a walkie Takie radio

Have fun

February 23, 2014 at 7:52 am #29144

Thanks Brian for the warm welcome 🙂 I would surely buy walkie and some rope and shackle before I join you guys, I will be going to my home country this weekend for my annual vacation, so as soon as am back, hope to meet you guys.

Cheers !!

February 23, 2014 at 9:01 am #29145

Name: Remy Rossi
    Vehicle: FJ Cruiser 2014 (pending recall works on fuel tank)
    Offroading: Have had a few jeeps over the years and now getting back into the sand. Was navigator to Abhishek on last Friday’s afternoon drive, many thanks to the Marshal and all that help us out…
    :thanks:

February 23, 2014 at 11:38 am #29146
    quote Remross:

Name: Remy Rossi
    Vehicle: FJ Cruiser 2014 (pending recall works on fuel tank)
    Offroading: Have had a few jeeps over the years and now getting back into the sand. Was navigator to Abhishek on last Friday’s afternoon drive, many thanks to the Marshal and all that help us out…
    :thanks:

Hey Remy,

It was nice to meet you last Friday :yesss:
    We appreciate your decision to not drive your FJ offroad till the fuel tank job is sorted :yesss: :ymapplause:
    Untill then enjoy riding shotgun 😉
    Look forward to catch up with you again :yesss:

February 24, 2014 at 10:43 am #29158

Name: Reswee Masahud
    Vehicle: 2014 Nissan Xterra – OffRoad / No Mods
    Occupation: Office Manager – bee here in Dubai for 12 years now
    Offroading: New to offloading, just been to desert safari several time 😀

Looking forward in meeting and driving with you guys :thanks: :thanks:

February 24, 2014 at 2:06 pm #29168
    quote toleg:

Name: Reswee Masahud
    Vehicle: 2014 Nissan Xterra – OffRoad / No Mods
    Occupation: Office Manager – bee here in Dubai for 12 years now
    Offroading: New to offloading, just been to desert safari several time 😀

Looking forward in meeting and driving with you guys :thanks: :thanks:

Hi Reswee Masahud Welcome to DO 🙂

Please register for one of our drives, there is a learner drive on Friday afternoon for example, come and learn the skills that keep you safe and remember it’s all JUST FOR FUN 😀

February 25, 2014 at 7:16 am #29187

@ brianj – thanks for the welcome :thanks:

will try to clear my sched this coming weekends so I can join you guys – to learn and to have fun :drive:
    will need to go down first to DM for the radio 😀

April 10, 2014 at 6:22 pm #29694

Name: Jan
    Vehicle: Grand Cherokee ZJ ’97 5,2 V8 Limited, 16″x8″ Pro Comp Alloy 79 Series, FM Super 44, Prins LPG, 2kW engine pre-heater

I come from Germany and travel to Dubai from time to time. I´m pretty new to the “offroad world”.

April 10, 2014 at 6:54 pm #29695

Name: Nick Vass
    Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler 2008
    Off-roading: 2 years now. Have been taught by friends and the rest is self taught. Have been a navi on a few drives and have driven in most sand conditions. Been stuck and have pull out stuck friends more time than I can remember but never the same way twice. Looking forward to joining upcoming rides. Love my car, love the sand and love being able to mix them both together.

April 11, 2014 at 7:26 am #29698

Name: Zeus Azusa Shiraki
    Car: Wrangler Jeep 2014 with lift kit and all that great stuff and funky colors
    Occupation: Brand Manager, Water Sports equipment (non-motorized)

Finally got my dream car – been wanting it for 20 years! Went dune bashing last weekend (used to drive quad bike before) and it definitely is a fabulous car for it!!! Looking forward to spending more time in the desert. Looking for roof rack runners and soft top replacement (have hard top).

Been in Dubai for about a year now. Looking forward to meeting lots of people and making friends who love the great outdoors!

April 13, 2014 at 5:34 pm #29712

Welcome onboard :drive:

We are sure, you can find a lot of people sharing the same passion 😉

April 14, 2014 at 8:22 pm #29754

Hello everyone.

I am Lebanese, but Dubai is home for me and family since many years (sometime in the last century).

I am looking forward to joining you on some offroading trips soon. The serenity and natural beauty of the desert is an endless attraction that never seizes to amaze me. Out there, the child in us takes over and then it is all about fun and adventure.

See you out there,
    Elie (50 going on 50)

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 533 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.