Introduce yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 533 total)
  • Author
    quote Renegade2014:

Hello Everyone :drive:

Also recently joined and would like to introduce myself:

Name: Jannick (JR)
    Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler Sports Pentastar 3.6L Renegade II.
    Offroading: Been offroading since I came to Dubai in January. Big fan of extreme sports such as FMX, BMX, Dirt Jumping, Heli Sking and surfing. .

Quiet new in Dubai and definatly looking forward to more trips to the desert and learn a lot more about offraoding.

See you in the sand!

:thanks:

Welcome Jannick and enjoy the ride with us ๐Ÿ™‚ .

November 24, 2014 at 5:47 pm #31434

Hi all,

Great to meet you all! I moved to Dubai a few months ago and would be keen on learning about offroad driving and starting exploring the country.

My details:
    Name: Fernando
    Vehicle: Toyota Prado model 2015. No mods.
    Offroading: No experience at all! Just a few times as passenger.

From what I read in the forums, to get started I need radio and a few other basics.
    What about basic training? Can I just join one of the newbie trips once I get my equipment?

November 24, 2014 at 7:05 pm #31436
    quote fernandouae:

Hi all,

Great to meet you all! I moved to Dubai a few months ago and would be keen on learning about offroad driving and starting exploring the country.

My details:
    Name: Fernando
    Vehicle: Toyota Prado model 2015. No mods.
    Offroading: No experience at all! Just a few times as passenger.

From what I read in the forums, to get started I need radio and a few other basics.
    What about basic training? Can I just join one of the newbie trips once I get my equipment?

Hi Fernando
    Welcome to Dubaioffroaders family..
    Ofcourse you can join for any newbee drive..please register yourself on the website for any newbee drive you would like to join…
    Marshalls will brief you about the basics before you get in to sand..and you are free to ask any questions for any clarifications you require..please feel free..
    About the equipments for offroading..please browse / Search the website..you will find it..also it will be available on every
    drive’s post…
    So have fun..Drive safe..
    once again welcome to Dubaioffroaders..lets drive..just for fun..

November 25, 2014 at 10:29 am #31441

Name : Ani S Nair

Vehicle : Hummer H3 and Fortuner

Offroading : First drive was in 2012, only few times went to offroad. Would like to learn more techniques of offroad driving and enjoy with a good team ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards,
    Ani

November 25, 2014 at 11:31 am #31443
    quote ANISNAIR:

Name : Ani S Nair

Vehicle : Hummer H3 and Fortuner

Offroading : First drive was in 2012, only few times went to offroad. Would like to learn more techniques of offroad driving and enjoy with a good team ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards,
    Ani

Welcome Ani to DO. You can register for the Newbie drive this Friday. Please make sure you have the basic equipment for the newbie drive i.e. Radio, tow points in front and back and a flag.

November 26, 2014 at 6:40 pm #31455

Thanks asharafkc !

November 29, 2014 at 6:03 pm #31480
    quote fernandouae:

Thanks asharafkc !

You are most welcome sir.. ๐Ÿ™‚

November 30, 2014 at 1:46 pm #31501

Hello Dune Bashers,

I’ve done almost 10 drives in the desert, and I’m definitely a total addict. I drive a 2014 Wrangler 2 door, lifted with big tires. I enjoy being out in the desert, and nothing beats a great camp fire.

I’m almost fully equipped for desert drive. Just missing kinetic ropes I’m hoping to get very soon. Kicking myself for not getting the bumper with winch, but later… currently with softtop, loving the different looks.

I’ve driven with few different groups, looking forward to driving with this group soon!

November 30, 2014 at 1:54 pm #31502
    quote Aquarius:

Hello Dune Bashers,

I’ve done almost 10 drives in the desert, and I’m definitely a total addict. I drive a 2014 Wrangler 2 door, lifted with big tires. I enjoy being out in the desert, and nothing beats a great camp fire.

I’m almost fully equipped for desert drive. Just missing kinetic ropes I’m hoping to get very soon. Kicking myself for not getting the bumper with winch, but later… currently with softtop, loving the different looks.

I’ve driven with few different groups, looking forward to driving with this group soon!

Welcome Zeus. We look forward to driving with you soon :drive:

December 16, 2014 at 8:47 pm #31612

Hey guys and girls, my name is Charlie. I would love to learn about offroading and have some of that fun I see you all having in the photos. I am looking to buy a Suzuki Jimny and come and do trips with you guys.

My question is will the Jimny cut it? The overwhelming majority of reviews say this car has real decent off road ability in the mud and sand and even technical rocky terrain. I have watched video reviews that confirm this.

However I hear that middle eastern dunes are possibly the most power sapping and difficult terrain of all, so does anyone have any direct experience driving or observing the Jimny in the kinds of terrain you guys frequent?

Thanks a lot for your advice and help!

Charlie

December 16, 2014 at 10:52 pm #31613

name: Avinash sudheer
    vehicle:nissan patrol 2000′;4 inch lift ,australian springs (forgot the name ),900 tires more mods coming up soon ๐Ÿ˜‰
    offroading: quite some time now , less drive with do but doing a lot outside ,on a mission to explore all the deserts in uae

December 17, 2014 at 6:29 am #31616

Name: Hector Ladeveze
    Vehicle: Pajero 2014 3.8 LWB (basic mods only to keep safe)
    Offroading: pretty new to offroading having only started a few months ago in Dubai. Have other offroading experience but not in sand.

December 17, 2014 at 1:18 pm #31622

Name: Evgeny Zinchenko
    Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler ’02, K&N FIP Kit, Rough Country 4′ Suspension Lift Kit, Front and Rear bumpers modified.

Offroading: Never before.

December 17, 2014 at 5:06 pm #31624

Hi All,

Let me start.

Name: Bandu Priyankara.
    Vehicle: Ford Escape XLT (3.0L 6Cylinders)
    Offroading: I am new to offroading, 10 years in Dubai, married and have two children.

Thank You,
    Bandu

December 18, 2014 at 9:32 am #31632

Name: Umair Sheikh
    Vehicle: Toyota Prado VXL 2010
    Offroading: First drive on 18 Dec

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 533 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.