Introduce yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 533 total)
  • Author

Hi Prakash,

Welcome to the DO family. Looking foward to meeting you on Friday!!

January 28, 2016 at 10:51 am #34825

Hi Gents,

Name: Mohamed Abou Samra.
    Vehicle: Jeep JKUR,
    Offroading: Been off-roading since 2004. roaming and discovering the Egyptian deserts covered the 4 corners and highest peaks , moved to UAE since 2013 , and continued discovering here as well ๐Ÿ™‚ , always off Thursday night n back on Saturday during winter , not a fan of 1 day drives , but some times i do enjoy it ๐Ÿ™‚ , i do enjoy more drives with technical and navigational challenges and of course camping and having a chat around the fire.

July 1, 2016 at 7:24 pm #36117

Hi everyone,

My name is Alain, new in Dubai (3 months) and new to off-roading.
    I am still wondering what car to buy, and may ask for advices in the relevant section.
    As soon as I will have it, I will join one of the beginners trip!
    Looking forward meeting the troop!

July 1, 2016 at 8:10 pm #36119
    quote Alain:

Hi everyone,

My name is Alain, new in Dubai (3 months) and new to off-roading.
    I am still wondering what car to buy, and may ask for advices in the relevant section.
    As soon as I will have it, I will join one of the beginners trip!
    Looking forward meeting the troop!

hi alain, welcome to the club!!!

there are lot of options whn it comes to selecting a capable 4×4 for dune bashing and it mainly depends on ur budget and requirements ie reliability, suitability etc etc

we mostly drive FJ, jeep Wranglers, Pajeros, Patrols, xterra, LC and few others.

y not get an FJ before it discontinues?? just my .02 cents.

July 2, 2016 at 6:48 am #36120

Thank you Asim,

Actually, if my budget allows it, I’d like to go for the LC…
    The other alternative is the Grand’Che, cheaper here.
    Why those? Because they have V8… ๐Ÿ˜‰

I find FJ and Wrangler a bid tough for my weekdays commuting…
    I have rented a Wrangler for a week end, and found the AC was not performing very well….

This is where I am…

July 4, 2016 at 5:09 am #36126

Name: Stu
    Vehicle: Ford Ranger Wildtrak – the black one
    Offroading: Absolutely none ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve only been in the UAE for a year so I’m really interested in exploring the country and I look forward to a lot of that being offroad. I think I’m going to enjoy the tracks and mountains more than the dune-bashing but we’ll see B-) In the UK I used to drive a mini and I would organise long (10 day+) club trips around the mountain passes in the Alps. Looking forward to meeting soon – got to break the car in first and get some offroad bits sorted…

July 4, 2016 at 5:01 pm #36132

Hi Stu,

same for me: I see off roading as a way to discover the country, and Oman, to have nice trip on tracks and sometimes off tracks, but not as a goal as it self…

July 7, 2016 at 7:58 pm #36144

Hey folks. Just getting started for myself after coming along to a DO ride with a friend recently.

Hammad Khan, Nissan Pathfinder R51 2010, no mods (yet). I work at EY in Dubai as the head of design consulting. Moved here a year ago from London. Looking forward to pimping the car out and hitting the dunes with you all!

I took my 2015 Volvo XC90 out on a light ride once too; it handled it pretty well actually but as it’s my more expensive family car, I’ve picked up this R51 Pathfinder to dedicate for the DO rides.

July 17, 2016 at 9:05 am #36181

Name: Twisty
    Vehicle: Ford Ranger Wildtrak – the orange one!
    Offroading: My experience is all on two wheels – green laning/adventure camping around Europe and South-East Asia. Decided to downgrade to four wheels here, but on the bright side at least I can bring a nice chair, cooker & tent along ๐Ÿ™‚
    Like my Ranger counterpart above, I am more inclined adventuring around the area and to wadis and mountains I think rather than dune bashing, but let’s give it all a go and see what sticks!

July 24, 2016 at 7:28 pm #36216

Hi all,
    I moved here only half a year ago, and like so many would like to explore the country, so I think this might be the perfect place to start.
    Name: Syce
    Vehicle: 2008 Hummer H3
    Offroading: very few, liked driving offroad in SouthWest US a lot, but actually no real experience. I am already in search for the radio, so would like to join a newbie ride shortly.

July 25, 2016 at 1:50 am #36218

Welcome Syce. Why dont you join us this Friday? It is an all-level drive as are all of our Friday drives. It would be a good way to meet some of the other club members and get your feet sandy. Regarding the search for your radio, many of the members get theirs at Dragon Mart. They tend to be inexpensive yet reliable.

Hope to see you out there soon!

July 25, 2016 at 6:14 pm #36221

Hi Matt, if I can lay my hands on a radio I would like to join very much on friday, will let you know as soon as possible !

see ya
    syce

July 29, 2016 at 8:44 am #36240

Just bought a radio so will be there today ๐Ÿ™‚

September 17, 2016 at 7:48 pm #36501

bump ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

September 17, 2016 at 7:58 pm #36502

Hi everybody, this is Abdulla

Vehicle: Suzuki Jimny 2016 ( The little Beast )
    Modifications: Boltons
    Off-roading: Born with it

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 533 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.