Introduce yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 533 total)
  • Author
    quote karimkh:

Hi everyone
    My name is Karim Khalaf
    I currently drive a ’13 FJ Cruiser Xtreme with a roof rack for family campings.
    I am in Dubai since 2006.
    Been off-roading since 2007 with a Hummer H3. Joined DO in 2008 and been mentored by Mr. Ahmed Pervez.
    Then been out off-roading with a small group of friends. Beefed up my level until the H3 finished.
    Then got wrangler JK in 2012. Started modifying it. We Joined a crazy group of wrangler off roader that I will not mention. Modified the JK too much until the engine collapsed.
    Then in 2013 got the ultimate off-roading rig, the FJ Xtreme. Except the roof rack, no modification so far. Still off roading with same group off friends until lately a lot left the country.
    Then I joined a DO drive again, but practically, I am new to the group.
    I might not be able to participate to events weekly, but I generally can make one to 2 drives a month.
    Looking forward to connect with you all and match your levels accordingly for maximum fun.
    See you all soon.
    K

Welcome Karim, it’s good to have you back, you drove and supported well on the Sand Mountain drive.

January 19, 2017 at 9:50 am #37884

Well, I guess I am so late for that 😀

Name: Mohamed Moussa, you can call me Moussa 🙂
    Vehicle: FJ cruiser 2013
    Off-roading: I started driving in 2010 as it’s mandatory for my work, and I joined DO’s in Oct’2016 and still driving and won’t stop <3.
    I loved that group Marshals and friends that i knew,,, I am honored to be one of you.

January 20, 2017 at 7:28 pm #37921

Hi my name is Aaron

Driving a white 3.8Litre V6 Pajero.

Mods = Flag on it

Driving experience = Completed offroad land-rover in the UK . Also a half day offroad training course with Galadari 4×4 driving school which was very good. Then offroad about 6 or 7 times with my pals in Qudra, Liwa and Faqaa outside the DO family drives.

Been stuck a few times but as the old saying goes ..” failure is the opportunity to begin again but more intelligently ”

Completed 4 drives now with DO. Great knowledge from the team here and my experience is coming on leaps and bounds I feel.

Love supporting the Pajero mafia as its a great offroad vehicle that needs to be tamed and driven not quite point and shoot as the FJ and still trying to perfect my craft before resisting a move to the FJ darkside haha !

Work as a Facility manager for Alshaya here in Dubai. Been here 3 years now!

January 21, 2017 at 5:20 pm #37928

Welcome Moussa and Aaron to the DO family!
    See you in the sand…

January 27, 2017 at 4:12 pm #37983

Hello all DOs,

Name: Akram Mousa

Car: Grand Cherokee WK 4.7L

Mods: An integrated compressor for now if you can count it as a mod.

Been offroading about 8 time with my buddy mainly in AlQudra.

Work as an automotive design engineer at NSV Auto.

Looking forward going out with a convoy, especially Saturday ones!

January 28, 2017 at 4:01 pm #37991

Welcome to DO @rollingcamel

Just browse through our forum to get the basic equipment required for our trips :drive: :drive:

hope to see you soon on sand

January 28, 2017 at 7:40 pm #37993

Hello

Just joined. I have a yellow 2015 FJ Cruiser GXR all standard at present. I’ve been in Dubai since September 2016 and bought the car in December. Still on my first tank of fuel so can’t claim to be familiar with it yet. No real desert driving background but I have off-road experience in Land Rover Discoveries and in my old ex-Swiss Army Pinzgauer 710M. Hope to see you once I know my way around the FJ.

Bryn.

January 30, 2017 at 7:56 am #38009

Hello everyone – New to the club and to offroading on sand. Many years riding ATVs, Motorcycles and Mud Trucks in USA. A notable trip for me was in 2014 when I rode my DRZ400 across America for 30 days on the Trans American Trail – 90% offroad. Good times! **==

2007 Silver Jeep Liberty Sport 3.7 KJ – aka Jeep Cherokee

2.5″ Rockfather Lift, OME Shocks, 270/65-16 BFG TA2, 1.5″ Wheel spacers, ARB compressor, Air Locker Rear, Limited Slip Front, 4.10 Gearing, Diff breather kit, Hood louvers, Front recovery hooks, Engine skid, Trans skid, Headlight harness to bypass factory wiring, Upgraded size of starter & alternator wire, Custom cut front bumper, removed rear sway bar, Trans cooler and Temp gauge, Curved LED Light bar, Safari rack,

Current projects: Custom storage shelf for rear cargo area, rear facing LED work light, LED flag whips, LED ground effects, auxiliary air tank (2gal?), 20 lt fuel can interior storage for the occasional overnight trip, bypass switch for ABS pump fuse, custom “skid plate” to connect front bumper to engine skid (mostly for aesthetics), exhaust (only if cheap – possibly from junkyard Liberty/Cherokee)

Oh and I have a OBD2 reader if someone needs to know why their engine light is on. Its a scan tool brand LX version for $50 but i has saved me many “random cylinder misfire” and “fuel pressure low” check engine trips to the mechanic. Let me know if you’d need it scanned at the next DO gathering. :-C

See you in the sand – I look forward to earning some stars! (*)

Anonymous
    February 2, 2017 at 1:08 pm #38046

Name: Saji Krishnan (IJAS)
    Vehicle: FJ CRUISER (Gray 2015).
    Occupation: Dy.Director IT; working with a Multinational Oil and Gas Engineering Services Company in Shariah.
    Offroading: Started offroading couple of years back. First drive was with GNFD in 2013.
    Before joining DO, tried few other groups. DO has become my home group as we have friendly professionals with helping mentality.

I look forward to earn some stars soon and become a Marshal one day (*)

Cheers..!! :YMAPPLAUSE:

April 24, 2017 at 5:45 am #38904

Hello everyone,

My name is Harish. I drive a Jeep Wrangler 2015, modified with 2”lift kit, BFG tyres, exhaust and cold air intake and Rubicon front bumpers. Have been off roading since 2010. Started off with a Pajero before moving on to a Land cruiser and now the Jeep upgrade!

Am a Management Consultant by profession, living in Dubai since 2005.

Look forward to be part of this wonderful group and have fun off roading!

Regards,

Harish

April 24, 2017 at 4:51 pm #38914
    quote Kharishv post_id=44172 time=1493012747 user_id=25451:

Hello everyone,

My name is Harish. I drive a Jeep Wrangler 2015, modified with 2”lift kit, BFG tyres, exhaust and cold air intake and Rubicon front bumpers. Have been off roading since 2010. Started off with a Pajero before moving on to a Land cruiser and now the Jeep upgrade!

Am a Management Consultant by profession, living in Dubai since 2005.

Look forward to be part of this wonderful group and have fun off roading!

Regards,

Harish

Welcome to DO @Kharishv !!!

April 24, 2017 at 7:07 pm #38918
    quote SilverJeeper07 post_id=43163 time=1485763016 user_id=25012:

Hello everyone – New to the club and to offroading on sand. Many years riding ATVs, Motorcycles and Mud Trucks in USA. A notable trip for me was in 2014 when I rode my DRZ400 across America for 30 days on the Trans American Trail – 90% offroad. Good times! **==

2007 Silver Jeep Liberty Sport 3.7 KJ – aka Jeep Cherokee

2.5″ Rockfather Lift, OME Shocks, 270/65-16 BFG TA2, 1.5″ Wheel spacers, ARB compressor, Air Locker Rear, Limited Slip Front, 4.10 Gearing, Diff breather kit, Hood louvers, Front recovery hooks, Engine skid, Trans skid, Headlight harness to bypass factory wiring, Upgraded size of starter & alternator wire, Custom cut front bumper, removed rear sway bar, Trans cooler and Temp gauge, Curved LED Light bar, Safari rack,

Current projects: Custom storage shelf for rear cargo area, rear facing LED work light, LED flag whips, LED ground effects, auxiliary air tank (2gal?), 20 lt fuel can interior storage for the occasional overnight trip, bypass switch for ABS pump fuse, custom “skid plate” to connect front bumper to engine skid (mostly for aesthetics), exhaust (only if cheap – possibly from junkyard Liberty/Cherokee)

Oh and I have a OBD2 reader if someone needs to know why their engine light is on. Its a scan tool brand LX version for $50 but i has saved me many “random cylinder misfire” and “fuel pressure low” check engine trips to the mechanic. Let me know if you’d need it scanned at the next DO gathering. :-C

See you in the sand – I look forward to earning some stars! (*)

@SilverJeeper07
    Welcome to DO!! Looks like you’re vehicles all set and ready for our trips.. keep an eye out on the forum for the upcoming drives.. see you in the sands..

May 19, 2017 at 6:10 am #39162

Name: Henry Rand
    Vehicle: 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali (current). No modifications yet.
    Offroading: Been offroading since 2011. Started at Perth WA.

May 19, 2017 at 6:02 pm #39175

Hey:

Ewan
    Jeep GC
    Jeep Wrangler JK
    Pending 2.5 lift and bigger tyres
    Project manager: oil has projects in Iraq
    Done some uk off-roading and a few dune sessions. Lots to learn.

May 19, 2017 at 9:02 pm #39178

Welcome to DO @jasperQuartz and @Sleepyrascal

Looking forward to meeting you on the dunes

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 533 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.