Introduce yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 533 total)
  • Author
    quote [email protected]:

Hi

My Name is Mohamed Ghonem, first time to join off road group and looking forward to my first drive with you guys.

I drive 2002 Durango and maintain it myself, love cars and love repairing them ๐Ÿ™‚

I am a marine engineer and working for a company called Berg Propulsion which supply marine propulsion systems for off shore and merchant ships.

Married with 2 kids.

Welcome to the club Mohamed…. you can join in this friday afternoon drive which will be led by our Chairman, Mr. Ahmed Parvez….This drive is for the beginners and learners….

See you in sand then….

Cheers

February 13, 2013 at 9:44 am #23277

Thanks Ganesh

Will try my best to make this one ๐Ÿ™‚

February 25, 2013 at 8:27 pm #23770

Hey Guys!

I’m Himanshu…got my wrangler a month back and cant wait to get started with my first trip.

Cheers

February 26, 2013 at 5:02 am #23774

Welcome to the club Himanshu, :thanks: for joining us :ymhug:

Please explore the forums, especially those pertaining to equipment ๐Ÿ™‚ & ride preparation ๐Ÿ˜€

This will prepare you in advance and allow you to maximise the enjoyment of your :drive: JUST FOR FUN

The community is here to help with any queries on equipment sourcing you might have.

See you Friday in the sands

:drive: JUST FOR FUN ๐Ÿ˜€

February 26, 2013 at 6:25 am #23784

Thanks Brian!

March 4, 2013 at 7:03 am #24125

I’m fairly new to Dubai and am looking to get out in the desert. My sand experience has been limited to several excursions on beaches on the west USA coast (tow up paragliding), a terrible dune buggy trip here in Dubai, and a guided, self drive Jeep trip. The Jeep trip, even though it was only a couple hours was very enjoyable.

My other off road experience has been on almost every other terrain, muskeg (swamp), ice, snow, forestry trails, and mountainous terrain. The closest comparison I have to dune bashing is actually snowmobiling in the mountains. I was quite surprised how similar the feel of the snow is to the sand, and how most of the theories of driving in it are the same.

I am also an advanced certified diver, with over 50 dives, and I also have my gear in Dubai, but have yet to get out in the water.

My Wrangler is bone stock at the moment, but am fairly well equipped. Tow straps, hand recovery winch, shovel, radio, and air compressor. I still need to pick up a bottle jack and a flag.

It looks like there is a trip on Friday! I just may get to meet some of you,
    Plowboy

(Carl)

March 4, 2013 at 7:09 am #24126
    quote plowboy:

I’m fairly new to Dubai and am looking to get out in the desert. My sand experience has been limited to several excursions on beaches on the west USA coast (tow up paragliding), a terrible dune buggy trip here in Dubai, and a guided, self drive Jeep trip. The Jeep trip, even though it was only a couple hours was very enjoyable.
    ……………….

(Carl)

Welcome to the world of dunes, Wish to see you on Friday morning drive…

March 4, 2013 at 11:29 am #24156
    quote plowboy:

My other off road experience has been on almost every other terrain, muskeg (swamp), ice, snow, forestry trails, and mountainous terrain. The closest comparison I have to dune bashing is actually snowmobiling in the mountains. I was quite surprised how similar the feel of the snow is to the sand, and how most of the theories of driving in it are the same.

I am also an advanced certified diver, with over 50 dives, and I also have my gear in Dubai, but have yet to get out in the water.

My Wrangler is bone stock at the moment, but am fairly well equipped. Tow straps, hand recovery winch, shovel, radio, and air compressor. I still need to pick up a bottle jack and a flag.

It looks like there is a trip on Friday! I just may get to meet some of you,
    Plowboy

(Carl)

Hey Carl, looks like you’ll fit in ‘real well’ buddy, ๐Ÿ˜€

Coming from the snows of the Tarentaise (France) to the sand of the UAE, I’d say that yes there are some similarities between the two S’s in terms of reading the terrain. My experience is that snowmobiling on a tracked vehicle and sand driving with a 4×4 are quite different. What is absolutely an advantage for you is the ‘exposure’ element of the off-road environment that you’ve already gained.

Whilst locally we don’t have huge vertical, a couple hundred Kms south is the Liwa. There the dunes are ‘ginormous’ by any standard, the distances are big and the isolation is magic. DO organise multi day trips to the Liwa, at several level of driver, a few times a season under the guidance of experienced Marshall’s. If you work your way around the site there is a treasure trove of photographic reports, still and VDO, to slather over ๐Ÿ˜€ Having said that locally the drop isn’t huge, you’ll find as you move up the levels that the ‘exposure’ in terms of vertical doesn’t need to be very big to make the view outa the side window kinda crazy. There is certainly more than enough challenging terrain to excite ๐Ÿ˜€

welcome to DO and Catch you Friday

March 20, 2013 at 6:35 pm #24755

Name: Hamid

Vehicle: 2000 Jeep TJ a.k.a. Black Magic
    KN intake, Flowmaster Exhaust
    Two inch lift with heavy duty springs
    Additional fan

34 year YOUNG father of four Alhamdulillah

Joined Almost4X4 and DO, no drives yet :drive:

March 20, 2013 at 6:41 pm #24756
    quote MaddieTJ:

Name: Hamid

Vehicle: 2000 Jeep TJ a.k.a. Black Magic
    KN intake, Flowmaster Exhaust
    Two inch lift with heavy duty springs
    Additional fan

34 year YOUNG father of four Alhamdulillah

Joined Almost4X4 and DO, no drives yet :drive:

You are most welcome to the DO club Hamid….since you have already registered for the Friday morning drive, you will defenitely experience good fun….Keep driving with DO and enjoy….

Cheers

March 20, 2013 at 6:51 pm #24757

Thanks Marshal, I haven’t bought a Radio yet… Is it ok? :thanks:

March 20, 2013 at 7:05 pm #24759
    quote MaddieTJ:

Thanks Marshal, I haven’t bought a Radio yet… Is it ok? :thanks:

For your first drive its fine buddy….. Slowly you may realise the importance though…..see you on Friday then..

March 20, 2013 at 7:27 pm #24760

Thanks again Marshal G !!

Could you please advise me what’s absolutely necessary on friday?

I can hardly wait and I have only tomorrow evening to buy what’s needed.

I only have my Jeep, bottle Jack and myself !

I am going to buy a Deflator and Gauge tomorrow from Autoplus. And a spade from any hardware shop.

I’ll bring plenty of water, juice and food.

What else??? :thanks:

March 21, 2013 at 4:29 am #24762
    quote MaddieTJ:

I am going to buy a Deflator and Gauge tomorrow from Autoplus. And a spade from any hardware shop.

Check your vehicle, do you have two hooks front & rear & full tank fuel as there is fuel station in the desert :p

March 21, 2013 at 4:54 am #24767
    quote MaddieTJ:

Dear Hamid,
    For the offroad equipments you can please refer to the below link….

http://www.dubaioffroadlive.local/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2208

Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 533 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.