Is it advisable to buy a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited North American Spec

• Author

Hi Guys. Is it advisable to buy a brand new (never driven) jeep wrangler Unlimited import with north American specs. There is a huge difference in price, compared to the authorised agents selling price in Dubai. Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Anonymous
    June 18, 2020 at 7:47 am #43635

Hi Kail. It depends how much the difference is and for how long you intend to keep the vehicle. As an import you probably cannot get a service package and every 10k service will cost you around 2,000 dirhams.

Is the import physically present in UAE, or you’ll have to arrange for shipping.

Also the American specs vehicles have weaker radiators and AC units as they are not developed for the heat and humidity of this region.

In terms of resale, you take a hit of at least 10-15k for the different specs. You can check the difference on dubizzle.

Hope this helps.

June 18, 2020 at 12:45 pm #43640

I’d say yes however for me I would be asking few questions:

– do you trust the seller?
    – Is the car really not used proof?
    – why is it here in UAE new US spec!

I have many friends who buy from good sellers used “accident-ed american cars” the seller show them photos of the accident and level of damage. O:-)

if all the above is sorted then no harm in buying a US spec assuming the difference as you said HUGE.

for service contracts while @HUD14 is correct, I personally don’t believe these contracts are worth it. also no harm in calling the dealer to check service contracts offers.

I have an F-150 and when I called I almost laughed at the cost of such contract only to change oil & filters. :money_mouth:

I go to a washing cars shop that does change oil..etc and I just service it there, when I have bigger issues I go to a mechanic shop in shj cheaper than all Dubai and excellent outcome 8) “they even have contracts with insurance companies to prove my point about excellent outcome) happy to show you where 😉

June 22, 2020 at 11:46 am #43663

Thank you Bill, Thank you HUD14, for your inputs/suggestions.
    I’m still negotiating with the seller and will let you know how things progress, once I buy the vehicle.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.