Jeep Wrangler Lift Kits

• Author

Hi Everyone,

As I would like to take offroading to the next level :drive: , I am looking for a lift kit (2.5 inch, preferable from fox) for my Jeep Wrangler 2014..any suggestions on where to get one or any other brand suggestions would be appreciated?

Thanks for your feedback.

:thanks:

Jan

December 21, 2014 at 12:04 pm #31651

Hi Jan,

I recently did a 2.5 inch lift for my Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited… Yet to be tested on desert…

Bought the AEV Lift kit from Ramy (Sam) and got it fixed at Best Line Garage (Shibu)…

Call me if you want more details…

December 27, 2014 at 10:42 am #31660

I am curious about this too. I have heard good things about both the AEV and Teraflex 2.5 in systems.

What are peoples thoughts on what is better for the JK?

December 27, 2014 at 4:22 pm #31661
    quote bukho001:

I am curious about this too. I have heard good things about both the AEV and Teraflex 2.5 in systems.

What are peoples thoughts on what is better for the JK?

Jeep requires nothing. Just drive it stock with good tires. Once u do lifting then there will be lot more like spacers, wheel alignment etc etc etc. Just drive stock

March 3, 2015 at 10:13 am #32205

hi all!
    AEV: great lift….
    Pros: it uses stock control arms (make sure to get the geometry correction brackets!!!!!) comes with top notch specially valved bilstein shocks.
    absolutely, hands down, FABULOUS on road handling.
    cons (if you want to consider this a con): this kit is used more for expedition style offroading. I listed this as a con due to the fact that some people find that they want more flex capabilities than this kit would offer.

keep this in mind as well: the AEV kit is designed to work with the AEV bumpers, heavy winch, etc….if you have stock bumpers, no winch, etc….the ride may be a little rough.
    i have this kit on now, but am starting to piece it out and upgrade to coilovers and a 3 link rear….

what kind of offroad are you looking at doing and what is your price range??

March 3, 2015 at 1:37 pm #32210

I have the AEV Dualsport XT 2.5″ lift with geo. corrections brackets on my 2dr 2014 JK.
    I also upgraded to 17×9″ wheels with about 2″ offset vs. stock and 285/70r17 cooper AT3 tires.
    The lift gave me 3″ of lift (as I have stock bumper, etc. ) + 1” with the tire upgrade.

Overall I am happy with the upgrade in the dunes and on the street the jeeps feels more stable and planted than stock. This kit is definitely a great value, and I would recommend it as a great mid-range lift. My only con is I am finding myself wanting more damping out of the shocks and keep thinking some king hydraulic bump stops would be nice too.

If you want maximum sand dune capabilities and still keep the stock suspension setup (mounting points, similar geometry, etc. ) and don’t mind spending 3-4x as much, I would skip all the in between stuff and just go with king shocks, king hydraulic bump stops, and some good spring. I know 2 guys who upgraded from the AEV dualsport to kings shocks (keeping the AEV springs) and are very satisfied with the results and improved performance of the king.

March 3, 2015 at 5:41 pm #32212

also, what size tires are you planning on running? that would determine your lift size more than anything else (and whether or not you plan to chop your fender flares).

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.