Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and jeep wrangler rubicon

• Author

Hell all,
    can someone tell me what is difference between Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and jeep wrangler rubicon…?is it same car or…?
    i am planing to buy jeep for off road drives.
    :thanks:

November 3, 2013 at 6:35 pm #27825

When I bought my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, I was told that Rubicon doesn’t meet the gulf specification and doesn’t come here…

November 3, 2013 at 9:29 pm #27831

jeep wrangler unlimited is just the name given to the 4dr with the longer wheel base, the specs are same as the jeep wrangler is 2dr.

with regards to the Rubicon it comes with extra offroad enhancements such as axle ratios of 4.10 vs the 3.21 or 3.73 in a sport or sahara. it also comes with front and rear locking differentials as it is stock and has slightly more clearance and stiffer shocks/springs. i think the last differance of note is that the front axle is a dana 44 (rubicon only) vs a dana30(non-rubicon) the 44 is a larger diff housing and supposed to be able to take more off road abuse than the 30.

I believe you can find imported rubicons here but not at the official dealer perhaps for the reasons mentioned but definitely i have seen them around. Not sure about the price though

November 4, 2013 at 1:06 pm #27850

How about Sway bar disconnects? I believe they are standard on the Rubicon as well

Also, from what I hear about the ’13 US models, the side steps have been replaced by heavy rock rails. Good for rock crawling but the added weight may not be such a great idea for the sand use here in this region.

And OH! the side sticker which can be bought from ebay.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.