Learner Drive on Fri. 22nd of Feb.2013 + BBQ & Camping.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Hello DO

Sorry for not turning up for the drive yesterday, it has been a roller coaster weekend which involved a close friend being diagnosed with terminal illness and helping the family through this tough time.

I am glad you guys had fun so until next time.

February 23, 2013 at 9:29 am #23619
    quote thomasinasu:

Hello DO

Sorry for not turning up for the drive yesterday, it has been a roller coaster weekend which involved a close friend being diagnosed with terminal illness and helping the family through this tough time.

Hey Thomas….no issues…hope your friend is fine now….A friend in need is a friend indeed…

We missed you for the BBQ….was waiting for your surprise cuisine….but nevertheless theres always a next time buddy…

Take care….cheers

February 23, 2013 at 9:33 am #23621
    quote tobaccoman:

:thanks:

Good morning everyone!

Many thanks as well from Daniel and Milva who really enjoyed this very first trip in the UAE desert.
    It was extremely well organized, and a great experience.
    We are looking forward to meet you all again soon.

(Today I have hard job, i.e. after Paul told me that the new Pathfinder I just bought was not really the type of car appropriate for serious off-roading, I now have to convince my wife that we absolutely need to purchase a Toyota FJโ€ฆโ€ฆ. ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

Enjoy your Sunday

Daniel

Safety First!!

P.S. Will post some photos onto the forum later today

It was nice pleasure having your company at Barbique site. Glad to know that you enjoyed the drive and the group.

You can also post the pictures in our facebook group page. below is the link;

https://www.facebook.com/groups/248053532355/

See you for the next drive

:thanks:

February 23, 2013 at 6:32 pm #23640
    quote thomasinasu:

Hello DO

Tom really sorry to hear about your sad news, courage Tom.

:thanks: to Ahmad for organising the :drive: plus having the idea of BBQ and a camp following the :drive:

The :drive: , as has been previously reported here, was split into 2 convoys at the Al Badayer T.O. entry deflation point.
    Marshall Ahmad lead the Newbie-Fewbie convoy of 16 vehicles supported by (Andy 2nd Lead), Sanjay Matthews & St Paul (sweep & rescue), Razik ( backstop & RTA and myself (mid sweep and RTA). ๐Ÿ˜€ Marshall Humayun took the designated Fewbie + intermediate group away into the dunes for some serious excitement ๐Ÿ™‚

Participants of this :drive: were treated to the picturesque and comprehensive experience of Marshall Ahmad, although some may not have taken a great deal of notice of their magnificent surrounding being totally focused on the :drive: :D. Suffice to say that a day of learning and Fun was had by all, with the focus being on security for all the group :ymhug:

We duly met up with Humayun’s group at the PR exit point, swapped stories and those that were going to BBQ re formed and moved off in convoy into the darkening Dusk.

Ahmad lead us into the night through flat tracks and Dunes to the ‘Fall’ where we happily found Marshall’s; Thanseer, Kumar, Amjed and Ganesh as a welcome committee.

The festivities commenced, BBQ’s were lit and a general fire was also made. Much multilingual chat went on accompanied by copious quantities of food (:thanks: Sanjay and St Paul) and AB’s . New friendships were formed and old ones reaffirmed.. a good do ๐Ÿ˜€ Pun intended ๐Ÿ˜€

Around 21.30 Ahmad lead the convoy over the ‘Fall’ and out to inflation leaving one mid sweep behind to enjoy the silence of the night and the magifcience of the dawn

Another very succesful DO function
    :drive:

February 23, 2013 at 7:01 pm #23644

Pervez sb, Thanks again for providing such a wonderful opportunity. I missed the BBQ due to my Saturdays=full working day schedule ๐Ÿ™
    Will make it up for that.Lots to learn and enjoy… Thanks to Paul ( the saint), Mathew Razik ,our ever grinning BRIAN , Andy and all the fellow DOs. Apologies if I had held back the convoy due to my mistakes. :-ss :ymblushing: =((

Good to see some of the shots already uploaded by some of you….gr8 team and spirit…lets have even more fun in the coming week. :ymparty: God bless

PS: My friend Prabhdeep,who had accompanied me,was so overwhelmed with the kind of support & passion that the marshals ,sweep and fellow offroaders displayed.He is keen to join the club with his FJ and have told him to register pending the approvals…. This reinstates the fact that I am after all with the right people. :thanks: :ymapplause:

February 23, 2013 at 7:34 pm #23646
    quote ksr226:

Pervez sb, Thanks again for providing such a wonderful opportunity. I missed the BBQ due to my Saturdays=full working day schedule ๐Ÿ™
    Will make it up for that.Lots to learn and enjoy… Thanks to Paul ( the saint), Mathew Razik ,our ever grinning BRIAN , Andy and all the fellow DOs. Apologies if I had held back the convoy due to my mistakes. :-ss :ymblushing: =((

Hey Sundar, Glad that you enjoyed the JUST FOR FUN :drive: ๐Ÿ™‚

Sundar ..get over the Apologies for mistakes thing …no room for that my friend, the sand is King, Queen and everything in between, you have to learn to read what you see before you are able to go where you desire. Take out all thoughts of personal image, manage your power and you’ll progress very quickly ๐Ÿ˜€ out in the sand JUST FOR FUN :ymapplause:
    :thanks: for turning up for the drive

February 24, 2013 at 5:16 am #23662

Thanks for sharing the morning shots Brian….Beautiful.
    Sorry, I had to rush back as my son had a school commitment next morning…
    We will surely have another Camp over there soon…again…

February 24, 2013 at 1:33 pm #23713

Thanks :thanks: Ahmedbhai for organizing wonderful drive :drive: and BBQ.

Thanks also to all co-drivers. :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

February 24, 2013 at 1:51 pm #23714

:ymhug:

quote brianj:

quote ksr226:

Hey Sundar, Glad that you enjoyed the JUST FOR FUN :drive: ๐Ÿ™‚

Sundar ..get over the Apologies for mistakes thing …no room for that my friend, the sand is King, Queen and everything in between, you have to learn to read what you see before you are able to go where you desire. Take out all thoughts of personal image, manage your power and you’ll progress very quickly ๐Ÿ˜€ out in the sand JUST FOR FUN :ymapplause:
    :thanks: for turning up for the drive

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.