Learner Drive on Friday 15th of Feb.2013,Faqaa to Badayer.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • Author

My :thanks: to Ahmad Bhai, for the original post :-BD

:thanks: to Marshall’s Thanseer, Ganesh, Abdullah & Jessil for their lead & support ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

:thanks: to all the drivers I had the pleasure of meeting and some of which I had the great pleasure of :drive:’ing with notably; Andy, Rein, Hendrick & two gentleman whose names I unfortunately didn’t register,
    :thanks: to some friends; Musbah, Sanjay Matthews & Paul, Firoztv, Shabeer, Razik to name but a few :-BD

Wow what a convoy ๐Ÿ˜• 35 vehicles :ymhug: !!! Amazing stuff, In the usual well organised fashion of DO, groups were split out at the Al Faqaa deflation point into 3 convoys, from whence we went our separate ways.

:thanks: Abdullah for an interesting lead through bowls – crests – ridges – gullys and a little work in the pyramids before dusk sadly concluded our drive, Good Work Jessil. B-)

A special thanks from me to Musbah for the music…excellent ๐Ÿ˜€

Very, very good afternoon in the sands JUST FOR FUN ๐Ÿ˜€

February 15, 2013 at 5:54 pm #23349

Wow !! sooooooooooooooooo many off roaders …The organisation was excellent and the personal touches on & off which made me comfy(am sure all the newbies wud second me)

Thanks are due to Pervez sb , Thanseer sb, Paul, Mathew and our ever present Musbah.

Learned from the past week mistakes and corrected the same this week , so a stuck-free :drive: . Thanks to those seniors and Marshals who constantly guided each one of us. Thanks to Almighty for a safe drive for all.

:thanks: :thanks: o one and all for the fun drive. :yesss: :ymapplause:

February 15, 2013 at 6:00 pm #23350

Congrats Sundar on your stuck free :drive: keep yourself open to learning, and nature JUST FOR FUN ๐Ÿ˜€

February 15, 2013 at 7:38 pm #23353

What an amazing afternoon to see 34 cars for a learner’s drive ๐Ÿ™‚ …..Got to meet many new faces… its always nice to meet new people in the club… and happy to see the growing strength of the club… :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

After everyone gathered at the meeting point, we left for a road drive towards the deflation point and Ahmed Sir decided to divide the 34 cars onvoy into 3 groups – 2 Learners and 1 Intermediate…. The Intermediate group was led by Abdullah with some more expereinced drivers of our club…

And nearly 24 cars were dicided into two groups each led by Ahmed Sir and Thanseer respectively…. Mathews and Musbah were the sweeps for Ahmed Sir. Firoz & myself played the role of sweeps for Thanseer’s convoy….

Thanseer’s convoy had 15 cars in total and the drive started with ease… We had a couple of very new sand lovers driving for the first time in the desert… There were a couple of stucks, a pop-out and atleast 4 flat tyres situations….. All were dealt with absolute ease but since all these took time, the drive had to finish in a night drive to Tawi instead of reaching Badayer….

I would like to request all the new members to be equipped by a RADIO for sure as this is the basic requirement as everyone must have realised it today….

Jamshed with his new Nissan Patrol had a couple of stucks and a pop out too and then the Fortuner 2.7 had some difficulty in tackling the dunes, but this is the beginning and theres lots more to learn buddy….. Its only the confidence that is lacking for you…. and you will defenitely gain it after a couple of more drives with us….keep up the spirit bro… :-BD

Razik was very helpful at the sweep work… Thanks a ton bro and you dont have to embarrased if anyone calls you a sweep….thats an appreciation for you….keep it up… :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymhug:

Shabeer was excellent as the second lead and his continous driving experience and confidence is seen….Well done Shabeer… :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Rest all of the drivers were very good and I hope everyone enjoyed the drive….Keep driving with Dubai Offroaders and you will be a professional one day…. Its a matter of some drives…. Keep going guys… :-BD :-BD

Thank you for such a wonderful company and I really enjoyed meeting all the new people today… It was excellent to share our experiences with you guys…. ๐Ÿ˜€

Musbah wanted to have an awesome video for today’s drive and he handed over one of his video cameras to me which i managed to record some but Im sorry Musbah since I was busy in recoveries , I couldnt capture much… ๐Ÿ™

Thank you Thanseer for the lead and getting everyone safely out without any issues…Thats the mark of a good leader…

Thank you Ahmed Sir for posting this drive where we had such an awesome group of participants…. :thanks:

See you for yet another drive soon, till then take care of yourself and your car….. ๐Ÿ™‚

Some pictures of the drive have been posted on our facebook page……. I request you all to be a part of our facebook page and enjoy the photographic fun and updates….
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=oa.10151428299027356&type=1

Details of the drive :
    Name :Learner’s drive – Thanseer – Faqaa to Tawi
    Date :15-02-2013 3:02 pm

Map: http://goo.gl/maps/igafv

Distance :49.1 kilometers
    Elapsed Time :1:40:03
    Avg Speed :29.5 km/h
    Max Speed :70.4 km/h
    Avg Pace:2′ 02″ per km
    Min Altitude :141 m
    Max Altitude :281 m
    Start Time :2013-02-15T11:02:18Z
    Start Location:
    Latitude :24ยบ 43′ 23″ N
    Longitude:55ยบ 37′ 16″ E
    End Location:
    Latitude :24ยบ 59′ 53″ N
    Longitude:55ยบ 39′ 41″ E

Cheers

February 15, 2013 at 8:06 pm #23354
    quote Ganesh:

[color=#000040][font=Times New Roman][size=150][i][b]What an amazing afternoon to see 34 cars for a learner’s drive ๐Ÿ™‚ …..Got to meet many new faces… its always nice to meet new people in the club… and happy to see the growing strength of the club… :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

I would like to request all the new members to be equipped by a RADIO for sure as this is the basic requirement as everyone must have realised it today….

Razik was very helpful at the sweep work… Thanks a ton bro and you dont have to embarrased if anyone calls you a sweep….thats an appreciation for you….keep it up… :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymhug:

Shabeer was excellent as the second lead and his continous driving experience and confidence is seen….Well done Shabeer… :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Thank you for such a wonderful company and I really enjoyed meeting all the new people today… It was excellent to share our experiences with you guys…. ๐Ÿ˜€

Thank you Thanseer for the lead and getting everyone safely out without any issues…Thats the mark of a good leader…

Thank you Ahmed Sir for posting this drive where we had such an awesome group of participants…. :thanks:

Ganesh :thanks: Very comprehensive report, :thanks:

The bit about the radio is major :-BD comms is sooooooo important and can make an enormous difference to the success of a :drive: for a participants ‘feel good’ factor, APART FROM BEING AN ESSENTIAL TOOL, which will pay dividends far beyond the minimal purchase cost ๐Ÿ™‚

February 15, 2013 at 8:39 pm #23355

We had a great time today. In spite of all the mishaps. Thanks to all the people who helped us. Great team you guys. You helped to pull us through. On behalf of my family thank you once again. Hope to join you on another drive. Jamshid and family.

February 16, 2013 at 3:33 am #23356
    quote brianj:

Congrats Sundar on your stuck free :drive: keep yourself open to learning, and nature JUST FOR FUN ๐Ÿ˜€

Brian. Thanks dude. Last week I was soooooo concentrated on not being stuck and lo, each time i was in deep sand. Secondly I wasnt familiar with my LR beauty as I had bought it 3 days before my maiden drive. Using her since then had helped me gather what she cud and cudnt. That was a bit helpful too.

This week, truly I enjoyed the scenery while keeping a watchful eye on the terrain all round & obeyed to the commands received.
    :yesss:

February 16, 2013 at 7:04 am #23357

A perfect beautiful day….red sands…and about a hundred friends…in some 35-36 Cars… :yesss:
    What more can one ask for???
    :ymhug:
    Thanks to all the Participants…special Thanks to Abdullah & Jessil for leading and managing the intermediate convoy, Thanks to Thanseer, Ganesh, Firoz & Raziq for leading the 1st Learner’s Convoy, Thanks To Musbah & Matthew for supporting me in managing the 2nd Convoy.
    We were not able to make it to the Iftaar bowl due to the challenging terrain and some new Drivers who had just been introduced to the sands…but it was a nice drive & I hope everybody had a good time.
    ๐Ÿ™‚

February 16, 2013 at 7:48 am #23359

Hi Jamshid,

Hope not much damage to the car ?

You and me were the weakest link in the convoy i guess, hopfully we shall get better for the coming drives.

LeoH

February 16, 2013 at 7:52 am #23360

Hi Jamshi,

Hope not much damage to the car ?

I feel you and me (White Fortuner) were the weakest link the group.

Will definitely get better with the coming drives.

Cheers to all for being patient with us.
    Leo

February 16, 2013 at 9:00 am #23361

A wonderful afternoon shared with new friends…

:thanks: Thanseer and Ganesh for your excellent leadership and control of the 1st convoy …
    :thanks: to the fellow offroaders for making this a memorable day

…. Sami , Shabeer , Ahmed , Bahr …. and many others( sorry I could not remember all the names)… Hope to see you in the sand soon !!! :drive:

February 16, 2013 at 10:22 am #23362
    quote fouziajamshid:

We had a great time today. In spite of all the mishaps. Thanks to all the people who helped us. Great team you guys. You helped to pull us through. On behalf of my family thank you once again. Hope to join you on another drive. Jamshid and family.

Nice to know that you guys enjoyed the drive ๐Ÿ™‚
    See you all again in sands soon :thanks:

February 16, 2013 at 10:28 am #23363
    quote Ganesh:

[color=#000040][font=Times New Roman][size=150][i][b]What an amazing afternoon to see 34 cars for a learner’s drive ๐Ÿ™‚ …..Got to meet many new faces… its always nice to meet new people in the club… and happy to see the growing strength of the club… :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

After everyone gathered at the meeting point, we left for a road drive towards the deflation point and Ahmed Sir decided to divide the 34 cars onvoy into 3 groups – 2 Learners and 1 Intermediate…. The Intermediate group was led by Abdullah with some more expereinced drivers of our club…
    And nearly 24 cars were dicided into two groups each led by Ahmed Sir and Thanseer respectively…. Mathews and Musbah were the sweeps for Ahmed Sir. Firoz & myself played the role of sweeps for Thanseer’s convoy….

See you for yet another drive soon, till then take care of yourself and your car….. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers

Nice drive; had a wonderful evening. :thanks:

Nothing much to wrtie as Dada has covered everything ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks friends and see you all again soon.. :thanks: :thanks:

February 16, 2013 at 12:22 pm #23366
    quote Ganesh:

Jamshed with his new Nissan Patrol had a couple of stucks and a pop out too and then the Fortuner 2.7 had some difficulty in tackling the dunes, but this is the beginning and theres lots more to learn buddy….. Its only the confidence that is lacking for you…. and you will defenitely gain it after a couple of more drives with us….keep up the spirit bro… :-BD

Just my 2 cents for you Jamshed, First :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: (Courageous owners of New Patrols in the desert are a rare breed!!! ) As Ganesh says, a couple of more drives and you will get the hang of it. Really takes a while to learn to master the beast as I know first hand! Good news though, If you can drive the New Patrol “safely”, anything else is a cakewalk!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

February 16, 2013 at 4:32 pm #23372
    quote geraldpinto:

quote Ganesh:

Just my 2 cents for you Jamshed, First :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: (Courageous owners of New Patrols in the desert are a rare breed!!! ) As Ganesh says, a couple of more drives and you will get the hang of it. Really takes a while to learn to master the beast as I know first hand! Good news though, If you can drive the New Patrol “safely”, anything else is a cakewalk!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Its a valuable tip from a very experienced and courageous offroader, who could tame his beast for sands, very quickly ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
    Thanks Gerry :thanks:

Very happy to know that you all had great fun ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ Missed the huge convoy of 35 cars ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.