Learner’s Drive + BBQ on Friday the 22nd of Nov. 2013.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Day and date : Friday, the 22nd of November ‘2013
    Drive Type : Learner’s Drive in the soft tricky Sand Dunes of Al Aweer, followed by a BBQ in a nice spot in the Dunes.
    Meeting Point : Emarat Petrol Pump in Al Aweer.

Meeting Point Co-Ordinates :
    Latitude Longitude
    N 25 10.533 E 55 32.519
    Latitude Longitude
    N 25Β°10’31.9578″ E 55Β°32’31.113″
    Latitude/Longitude hddd.mm.mmm

Complete meeting point location details at:
    https://maps.google.ae/maps?safe=off&q= … =0CJEBELYD
    (Please copy & paste this in your browser window).

Meeting Time : 14:45Hrs.
    Drive Start: 15:00Hrs.
    Drive Route: Al Aweer to Al Faya.
    Drive Terrain: Nice picturesque Dunes and Tracks.
    Duration: 2:30 hours, 150 minutes approx.
    Drive ends at Sundown approx. 18:30Hrs.

PLEASE CARRY ALONG YOUR BBQ KIT ALONG WITH WHATEVER YOU WANT TO BAR BE QUE. LET US TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE EXCELLENT WEATHER AND HAVE SOME OUTDOOR SOCIAL ACTIVITIES AMONGST THE MEMBERS. PLEASE CARRY ALONG SOME WOOD TOO FOR THE COMMUNAL BON FIRE.
    PLEASE CARRY SOME WARMER CLOTHES AND HEADGEAR ALONG AS THE WEATHER MIGHT BE A BIT CHILLY FOR YOUNGER CHILDREN AND SOME PEOPLE.

Checklist:-
    a) Ensure your 4 x 4 vehicle is in serviceable condition, with tow hooks at front & rear and with the spare tyre.
    b) Compatible Radio is a must.
    c) Carry all necessary offroad gears, in good condition.
    d) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).
    e) Full Tank fuel must

Please read the following and register for the drive:-
    Equipments that one needs to carry for offroading
    Rules Of The Trip
    Dubai Offroaders – Disclaimer

November 18, 2013 at 6:15 am #27967

I know we are a good few days off yet, but the initial weather report is looking a bit ominous for this weekend. Just thought I would mention so we can keep an eye on it.

Its often wrong so hopefully it will be in this case.

November 19, 2013 at 3:57 am #27974
    quote DuncanField:

I know we are a good few days off yet, but the initial weather report is looking a bit ominous for this weekend. Just thought I would mention so we can keep an eye on it.

Thanks Duncan, The weather report is indeed looking bad for this weekend…let’s keep our fingers crossed & see how it shapes up…
    πŸ™‚

November 19, 2013 at 10:00 am #27980
    quote DuncanField:

yup Duncan it’s not looking good, there’s some debate whether(sic) the front will come in Thursday evening or Friday pre-dawn but it looks like it’ll be here for Friday, unfortunately πŸ™

November 20, 2013 at 4:15 pm #27995

I’m up for this drive on Friday, if the weather holds. I’m not joining in on the BBQ, but I guess the end destination for the drive (before the BBQ) will be close to a paved road?

November 21, 2013 at 7:38 am #27999

It will not be possible to have the BBQ due to the weather playing truant this weekend so we will head back home, after the drive.

November 21, 2013 at 9:38 am #28003

Guys, is the drive still on for tomorrow. :drive: It is raining quite heavily here in Abu Dhabi, I take it is the same in Dubai as well. Let’s hope it will be clear by tomorrow afternoon, although the weather forecasts are not in our favour. Even if does, do you think there are chances of getting stuck in a marsh?

Keeping fingers crossed, see you all out there!

Cheers πŸ™‚

November 21, 2013 at 10:57 am #28007

Guys,

I got some information on tomorrow’s weather from our meteorological division. I think it looks okay for now. πŸ™‚

“There are chances of rain this evening, tonight and early tomorrow, but likely to clear off tomorrow afternoon. We don’t expect much of rains tomorrow, but is likely to be cloudy for most of the day and it will be good for camping. Risk of isolated thunderstorms is always there, but less likely tomorrow.”

I hope it helps!

Disclaimer: I am not liable for any claims arising from the above information, it is just purely FYI! :p. LOL!

November 21, 2013 at 9:48 pm #28009

@ AHMED bahi. are we still going tomorrow or……….????

November 22, 2013 at 7:00 am #28012

I think this drive is still do-able…let us go, do it!!!

November 22, 2013 at 7:41 am #28013

Nice

I will be there.

November 22, 2013 at 7:48 am #28014

The weather looks too unsteady still. I’ll join you guys next Friday.

November 22, 2013 at 8:17 am #28016

Is the drive today still on?

November 22, 2013 at 8:19 am #28017
    quote Baher:

Nice

I will be there.

Major Baher!

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

November 22, 2013 at 8:46 am #28018

Sorry not going to make it my husband doesn’t mind me doing the offroad bit but is not keen on me driving there if lots of water lying about. See you week after next going to Rugby sevens next week. :drive:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.