Learner’s Drive on Friday the 5th of April 2013 with BBQ.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    quote brianj:

quote Ganesh:

quote brianj:

Gabriel, je vais mettre ta planche dans mon coffre ce soir, et tu pourrais la prendre vendredi, merci 😀

😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮

😀 Ah ha Monsieur Ganesh……. it’s a plank for Gabs is jack :ymhug:
    B-)
    😀

Yes if I want to be a Marshall I need to have all the equipment 😉
    😕 But how will I do to improve dramatically my driving skills? :drive:

I can hear the Marshalls saying: ” Patience Bro!”

And actually it is not bad to be a Learner with all these nice people around who are very patient with us and organise wonderful trips (and BBQs)!
    :thanks: DO!

April 2, 2013 at 6:13 pm #25152
    quote Ahmad Pervez:

quote gabriel:

:thanks: Ahmad!
    Looking forward to it! :ymparty:
    But why meeting so late 😕
    The latest we meet the less I am with the DO familly 🙁

Frère Gabriel … c’est un principe pour éviter la chaleur après-midi … nous serons toujours avec DO famille jusqu’à la fin … ayant le BBQ & profiter des soirées plus fraîches encore du désert …
    🙂

Frere Ahmad … C’est un bon principe! Mais je ne sais pas pourquoi j’aime la chaleur et le sable?!

But now I am wondering … where did I catch my camel gene?
    😕 From my mother or my father?

I am looking forward to this week end!

:thanks:

April 2, 2013 at 6:28 pm #25154
    quote Ahmad Pervez:

quote gabriel:

Frère Gabriel … c’est un principe pour éviter la chaleur après-midi … nous serons toujours avec DO famille jusqu’à la fin … ayant le BBQ & profiter des soirées plus fraîches encore du désert …
    🙂

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

April 3, 2013 at 5:27 am #25160
    quote brianj:

quote Ahmad Pervez:

quote gabriel:

🙂

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

:ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing:

April 3, 2013 at 5:21 pm #25190

so…we have 18 registrations for the drive…

April 3, 2013 at 6:30 pm #25193

I am in but unable to stay for the BBQ. Se you all there………………..

April 4, 2013 at 8:57 am #25217

Hi Guys,

This is Bhavin, Ill me driving for the first time in the dunes.
    Ive been coming as co-passanger with my brother (Himanshu) a few times.
    Hope to have some good time driving tomm.

April 4, 2013 at 9:22 am #25221
    quote Bhavin:

Hi Guys,

Hey Bhavin, welcome to the club as a registered member now….. see you on Friday

Cheers

April 4, 2013 at 1:17 pm #25241
    quote Bhavin:

Hi Guys,

Welcome Bhavin, Enjoy the drive and have a great time 🙂

April 5, 2013 at 5:53 pm #25283

Thanks everyone for a great afternoon on our first Dubai Offroaders event. My husband and I enjoyed ourselves a great deal – looking forward to the next adventure. :drive: :drive:

April 5, 2013 at 5:58 pm #25284

:thanks: Ahmed for organising this afternoon family drive … My brother , Irshaad and I had a pleasant time.
    Can’t wait for the next instalment !

April 7, 2013 at 10:03 am #25330
    quote Iqsaan:

:thanks: Ahmed for organising this afternoon family drive … My brother , Irshaad and I had a pleasant time.
    Can’t wait for the next instalment !

The above just about says it all 😉

Drive report Learner’s Drive on Friday the 5th of April 2013 with BBQ.

A very jolly crowed gathered in Al Weer for this drive. It was great to see such a good turnout. Amongst the throng previous newbie’s that had decided to continue their desert driving skills acquisition with DO could be spotted:- Tommi and Family, Baher and Friend, Norbert & partner, Leo, Milos and Hongbin. A good bunch of frequent DO’ers was also to be seen; DVG & friend, Isqaan & brother, Bubban, Gabriel, plus a number of DO regulars, Ricardo, Rein, Musbah & myself. Plus a number of newly registered drive teams, late registered or occasional unregistered participants.

Ahmad lead everybody to deflation point where a Welcome and general briefing was given. As there were no declared ‘first timers’ in the sand but quite a few ‘first timers’ to DO, the talk was focused on convoy composition. A two convoy drive was decided upon and participants duly allotted their groups.
    Marshall Ahmad, Rein 2nd lead with Ricardo & Musbah sweeping and Marshall Thanseer, self 2nd lead with Ganesh as sweep. Given the pending meteorological conditions and the experiences of the previous evenings Night Drive DO’ers, without more ado, the 2 convoys set off to meet up later at the Fall BBQ site.

Marshall Thanseers convoy duly departed with the earlier part of the drive being on tracks. As the drive progressed the drive level was increased and we entered sections of rolling dunes, which provided more challenge for the group. A short break was called about an hour into the drive and particapnts gathered to enjoy the late afternoon desert ambiance.

Following the break 2 short sections of mixed vegetated dunes brought the group to the first of 2 ‘blacktop’ crossings. Crossing the tarmac from a section of lenticular dunes and a farming we again plunged into a more intricate dune formation maintaining the drive level with a number of short drops to test the drivers skill. As the sunset in the final hour of the :drive: Thanseer lead the group over the the higher plateau and dune desert scrub in a direct line to the top of the Fall.

It was evident from the now strong breeze that a BBQ was out of the question, therefore most of this group, under the leadership of Marshall Ganesh dropped over the fall and were lead out to the ‘blacktop’. Marshall Thanseer and myself stayed to welcome the second convoy. On arrival it was similarly self evident to them that the now strengthening breeze would seriously inhibit any possibility of a BBQ. At this stage several drivers accompanied me over the fall to inflation, with the majority of the group led out a few minutes later to inflation by Marshall’s Ahmad and Thanseer.
    :thanks: to Ahmad and the TFT for the organisation & :drive: management :ymapplause:
    :thanks: to all fellow drivers for their company 🙂
    :thanks: to Baher & Leo for trusting me to lead them out safely 😉

See you all soon 😀

April 8, 2013 at 5:40 pm #25462

Here is my Report;

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10151530831657356&type=1

Our official reporter is busy with some other reports 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.